Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #46
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP



And what about the amateurs when he was stick thin and had no problem at all with weight? What's your excuse for Watson making him do the chicken dance?


Khan was weight drained EVEN then

Do you think Khan is just eating anything he wants ? its no problem making weight for Khan you say ???? you make it sound like a stroll in the park.


Amir Khan has been dieting since before the Olympic,eating certain foods,fighting the weight,it is catching up with him,the only reason Khan is at the same weight as he was at 17 is because of sweat suits and diets
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #47
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff




Weight draining does not come into it.

when i saw Amir Khan wobbled by a jab he sure looked weight drained to me




....................................


I believe the 17 year old Amir Khan would of wiped the floor with Prescot
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #48
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dipper
Khan was weight drained EVEN then

Do you think Khan is just eating anything he wants ? its no problem making weight for Khan you say ???? you make it sound like a stroll in the park.


Amir Khan has been dieting since before the Olympic,eating certain foods,fighting the weight,it is catching up with him,the only reason Khan is at the same weight as he was at 17 is because of sweat suits and diets
He's a professional ****ing athlete in a sport that has weight categories, you don't eat what you want regardless...unless your name is Ricky Hatton. That's hardly a criteria for being drained because you eat the right food and train hard. Every self respecting professional boxer does the same.

How the **** do you know he was weight drained in the amateurs, nevermind now? He was like a rake in there, and you've now seen how he can put on muscle mass and still make that weight class. So please tell me how he can possibly have been weight drained in the ams when he did that chicken dance? Makes no sense at all.

Cutting weight isn't the same as being weight drained. I think you should learn the difference because every boxer does the former. Being weight drained is a very subjective term that is immeasurable, we can only put educated guesses on it in extreme cases. Khan doesn't even have the appearence of an extreme case, he looks good at the weigh ins, gets inside the limit easily and has never failed to make 135 at the first ask.

I think you need to stop deluding yourself looking for excuses and face the reality here, he has a very very bad chin and even if his resistance increased it is extremely unlikely to be enough against bigger men.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #49
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
How the **** do you know he was weight drained in the amateurs, nevermind now? He was like a rake in there, and you've now seen how he can put on muscle mass and still make that weight class. So please tell me how he can possibly have been weight drained in the ams when he did that chicken dance? Makes no sense at all.


Khan won the Olympic Silver at 17 ,a year later he was in the ABAs facing watson at the same weight,Khan was in sweat suits EVEN then.

17 year olds grow that is a fact of science,Khan was fighting the laws of nature ,it was ONLY 3 years ago,since then... Khans chin has got bad to worse

a young 21 year old should be stronger not weaker,weight draining destroys fighters

ask Manny Pacquiao
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #50
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff



And your second staement is just foolish.

17 year old Amir Khan would not of been rocked by Prescots jab

Thats for sure
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #51
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dipper
Khan won the Olympic Silver at 17 ,a year later he was in the ABAs facing watson at the same weight,Khan was in sweat suits EVEN then.

17 year olds grow that is a fact of science,Khan was fighting the laws of nature ,it was ONLY 3 years ago,since then... Khans chin has got bad to worse

a young 21 year old should be stronger not weaker,weight draining destroys fighters

ask Manny Pacquiao
Yes they do, and Khan was a teen with a very thin frame at the time. So how exactly does that help your argument? You've just proven my point.

Manny Pacquiao was KO'd by bodyshots, when he was fighting in the Philippines on short notice and for peanuts. That is the most ludicrous comparison I have ever seen, it tops Sundance's Khan/Haye thread.

This is why it is unwise to rely on boxrec.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #52
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP

Manny Pacquiao was KO'd by bodyshots, when he was fighting in the Philippines on short notice and for peanuts. That is the most ludicrous comparison I have ever seen, it tops Sundance's Khan/Haye thread.




Manny Pacquiao was weight drained and would of died if he stayed at that weight IMO
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #53
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dipper
Manny Pacquiao was weight drained and would of died if he stayed at that weight IMO
Bit dramatic isn't it?

He didn't show any chin issues anyway. He was a teenager learning his trade the hard way, fighting on 2 weeks notice that was KO'd by bodyshots.

Not quite the same as having a decorated amateur career where you did a chicken dance, turning pro and having all the money, teams, preparation gifted to you like a prince and getting wobbled by light punchers to the CHIN.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:44 PM   #54
The dipper
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 123
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Bit dramatic isn't it?

Manny Pacquiao did actualy say if he stayed at 110 he would of been killed in the ring


Manny Pacquiao was a hot prospect at the time of losing his unbeaten run,you make him sound like a rice farmer at that point of his career,the truth is.... Pacman was a very heavy favourite in that fight and lost only because he was weight drained


Manny Pacquiao a red hot prospect lost to an average boxer with a record of 11.4.4, hurt by every shot that came his way
The dipper is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #55
rooq
...
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 6,250
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

i met someone who is close to the khan family a couple of days ago (amir went to his wedding).

truth or not, he had the following info, most of which we already know...

khan trains less now than he did earlier in his career. a lot of his time is now taken up being a celeb both for the public and in his large circle of family and friends. a lot of the blame for this lies with his father and his manager.
oliver harrison couldn't stand the fact there were always several hangers on at the training sessions and he'd keep going off to interviews etc instead of training.
the purse for the fight was 500k split 350/150 in khans favour.

he didn't think he was weight drained for the fight.
rooq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #56
surreal deal
Liverpool via Krypton
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,479
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC
That would explain the performance in his last fight.

He done a great impression of a corpse in that one.
A corpse would have put up a better fight and lasted longer IMHO.
surreal deal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #57
mattress
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wet Beaver Creek, Australia
Posts: 3,019
vCash: 1618
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Move up in weight? Where the opposition are likely to punch even harder? Khan will get KO'd even quicker.....if that's at all possible!
mattress is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:01 AM   #58
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 664
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Nothing that would cause you to get knocked down by light punchers, and inexplicably wobbled by a jab.
I am not convinced that he was wobbled by a jab, but if he was it would seriously hurt your argument. Being wobbled by a stiff jab would surely indicate that everything was not as it should be physically.
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:04 AM   #59
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 664
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP


Rather than just a poor chin?
No one is arguing that he has an iron chin, but to be wobbled by what you call a stiff jab when he has taken shots like that in previous fights with no real problem is a sure sign of physical issues, be it dehydration or illness.
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:33 AM   #60
TFFP
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Should Khan move up in weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax
I am not convinced that he was wobbled by a jab, but if he was it would seriously hurt your argument. Being wobbled by a stiff jab would surely indicate that everything was not as it should be physically.
To me it indicates he has one of the worst chins in the history of mankind

There are no signs of being weight drained. He makes the weight comfortably inside the limit, does not look unhealthy, claims he made the weight easier than he ever had and nothing has come out of the camp when you'd expect now would be prime time to use that excuse.

Given his history of being wobbled by light punchers and his worrying reaction to punches I am not suprised if a hard puncher can wobble him with a jab.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013