boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
Big N Bad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Khan may not have the strongest chins but...

he may just have fought A MONSTROUS PUNCHER.

that left hook he took in the beginning was fast and powerful. also he caught as soon as the fight started.

im still not sure how weak his chin is, after all a huge puncher can make anyones chin look weak. PERSONALLY i think he has a weak chin/head cos he just keeps getting knocked down by weaker punchers, like limond and gomez, he was bound to get KTFO by a monstrous puncher in under a minute, especially if you decide to trade with them

and also im sick of ppl saying he has a weak chin, i say get a life. also if you dont box, then you cant speak, if you do then i'd suggest you shut up cos you may be given same fate.

thank you
PEACE
Big N Bad is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Default Re: Khan may not have the strongest chins but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big N Bad
he may just have fought A MONSTROUS PUNCHER.

that left hook he took in the beginning was fast and powerful. also he caught as soon as the fight started.

im still not sure how weak his chin is, after all a huge puncher can make anyones chin look weak. PERSONALLY i think he has a weak chin/head cos he just keeps getting knocked down by weaker punchers, like limond and gomez, he was bound to get KTFO by a monstrous puncher in under a minute, especially if you decide to trade with them

and also im sick of ppl saying he has a weak chin, i say get a life. also if you dont box, then you cant speak, if you do then i'd suggest you shut up cos you may be given same fate.

thank you
PEACE
Thanks for that. Why start a new topic about an old topic, in which you crontradict yourself three times? Muppet.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
also if you dont box, then you cant speak,
So I cant speak because I dont box (proffessionally)... ? Why?

I dont play football proffessionally, but I can have an opinion on it.

Just because you dont "do" something doesnt mean you can't have an opinion.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #4
dwilson

vCash:

Yep. Prescott is a good puncher who could maybe have world class power. Khan showed quite confidently that he did not know how to handle a fighter of such capabilities. Khan also showed on previous occaisions that his chin is suspect, he did this against fighters who are not known to have good power at lightweight. Khan has shown a huge lack of defensive ability.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A51f
but it certainly helps though. I think the point he was trying to make was quite often alot of people have no clue about what they are talking about. They think they know but in reality they don't know **** about professional sports. Having said that this is a public forum so anyone can comment.
Helps, yes. but he said "if you dont box, then you cant speak" You can have an educated opinion through knowledge gained, I know lads that box that know f-all about the sport.

jose Mourinhio, a good footy manager, no? Knows his ****? Remind me, who did he play for again?
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
but it certainly helps though. I think the point he was trying to make was quite often alot of people have no clue about what they are talking about. They think they know but in reality they don't know **** about professional sports. Having said that this is a public forum so anyone can comment.

Yep we all come and discuss boxing because we have absolutely no idea what the **** is happening in the sport. After more than a few years watching the sport and using it to keep healthy I was shocked to find out recently that when a fighter moves his arm towards his opponents face it is called a punch. Due to me not being a world class top 10 p4p pro I never knew this, I was under the perception that it was called a mistake.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Think it was a way of saying 'i'm a fighter come and kiss my ****...'.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #8
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict

personally i think khan has bigger problems then his chin,yes his chin seems to be awful but there are ways around it, look at wlad klitschko for example. Khans real problem is his defense and the way he seems to have no idea how to correct it no matter what he is taught, if he somehow sorted his defence out to a world class level(a long way off at the moment i know) then he would be much more of a threat. also too put it bluntly he seems like an absolute idiot, why go in and immediately trade with a reknown big puncher, and walk in straight lines? he needs to sort it out and fast because i am losing it with him
Benjiabc is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #9
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
PERSONALLY i think he has a weak chin/head cos he just keeps getting knocked down by weaker punchers, like limond and gomez, he was bound to get KTFO by a monstrous puncher in under a minute, especially if you decide to trade with them and also im sick of ppl saying he has a weak chin, i say get a life. also if you dont box, then you cant speak, if you do then i'd suggest you shut up cos you may be given same fate.

thank you
PEACE
The more I read your post the more I think your a moron.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #10
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think it was not the real Khan in the ring on saturday. It was Amirs cousin from Lahore in the ring as Amir was busy shagging Jessica Alba in the USA.

The real Amir would **** all over Prescotts head and then breakdance out the ring.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #11
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
did I say everyone on these forums don't know anything about boxing? did I mention you or anyone specifically?

I didn't say if you havn't boxed then you automatically don't know what your talking about. You have got to learn to read before making wise ass comments. All I was saying was if you do box if certainly HELPS when debating boxing and especially on issues such as strategy, trainnig, workouts etc.
Means **** all, look at all the football pundits on television they usually talk ****. Remember when Pele tipped Columbia to win the world cup ? The team went out in the first stages and one of their players was shot dead.

Look at the current top boxing pundit in the world....Steve Bunce, the closest he has been to a ring is a gold engagement ring in Goldsmiths.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #12
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Maybe he got confused when his trainer said 'keep your chin down'.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #13
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
But it works both ways, for example: I don't know anything about hockey, Iv'e watched it quite a few times though over the last number of years. Now if I was to get into a debate on it with someone who has played hockey, who understands the rules and the game, that person would be in a better position to make comments.
Ah but then you assuming the other person knows nothing about hockey. Ok to settle this look at Statto knows everything about nearly every sport out there, he does not partake in them. Knowledge need not be developed by undertaking an activity.

For all you know someone may have been a cleaner in the Mayweather gym and have seen and heard everything from Roger and so they would be in a position where they knew all the ins and outs of boxing from Mayweather angle.
kurt2006 is offline  Top
Old 09-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #14
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismas
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Maybe he got confused when his trainer said 'keep your chin down'.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #15
dwilson

vCash:

I do get your point A51f but it has little relevance to this topic and the original thread. Sorry if you thought I was having a direct go at you. Any dumb ass can see that what Khan did was ridicilous.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum