Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #16
TFFP

vCash:
Default Re: Carl Froch on Khan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006
I am very serious, Carl is the most complete boxer the UK currently has, JC is now past his prime, Hatton.... , Amir.... , Arthur ... , Haye...

All this b/s about him not having faced top fighters is just people trying to put him down. Froch would fight JC at 1 weeks notice if the fight was made and he would own JC and KO him. Kessler does not even come close to him. Bute....just a JC clone...Lacy - mentally gone.
Even if you aren't serious, this debate has some legs since Froch is rarely discussed

How is he complete? He might be offensively skilled and varied, but his defence does not exist and he turns like the Titanic.

His competition isn't as awful as people say, Magee and Tatevosyan are decent scalps and he's undoubtedly avoided.

Bute isn't similar to Calzaghe at all. He's more like a southpaw Kessler, only much more flawed. Froch would have a chance, but Bute's chin held up to Berrio so I wouldn't count on it, and its unlikely he wins a decision. Kessler Andrade's him. Calzaghe completely owns him and takes him back to Newbridge to sweep the gym.

I like Froch's attitude though, he's comical, hope he does well.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #17
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Unless you are looking for a fight in the park after school "calling out" people doesn't mean shit.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #18
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Even if you aren't serious, this debate has some legs since Froch is rarely discussed

How is he complete? He might be offensively skilled and varied, but his defence does not exist and he turns like the Titanic.

His competition isn't as awful as people say, Magee and Tatevosyan are decent scalps and he's undoubtedly avoided.

Bute isn't similar to Calzaghe at all. He's more like a southpaw Kessler, only much more flawed. Froch would have a chance, but Bute's chin held up to Berrio so I wouldn't count on it, and its unlikely he wins a decision. Kessler Andrade's him. Calzaghe completely owns him and takes him back to Newbridge to sweep the gym.

I like Froch's attitude though, he's comical, hope he does well.
don't forget he also smashed 'the world class Henry Porras'...that's the one Froch always brings up

I think Froch is better than Andrade, if nothing else any opponent has to be wary of his heavy hands.

I wish he would start calling out Calzaghe again. I remember the days when Calzaghe was fighting Ashira, Salem and so on, Forch was having a field day slagging Joe off.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 09:34 AM   #19
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I am growing to like Froch, he's certainly spot on with his comments in this instance.

He should be commended for that.
Beatboxer is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #20
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Dont like Froch at all. But the dudes keeping it real. That was a correct and accurate assesement.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #21
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt2006

All this b/s about him not having faced top fighters is just people trying to put him down.
No - it's the reality of the situation. Unless I've missed his big name fights.

I like Froch a lot - but he hasn't fought top opposition. That is fact.
trotter is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #22
saturday_kid
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 905

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
Unless you are looking for a fight in the park after school "calling out" people doesn't mean shit.
I agree I was just using that as a point to show that if it were upto him I believe he would fight top draw boxers. Time will tell, but he does need to hurry the **** up!
saturday_kid is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 09:59 AM   #23
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by A51f
It's intersting how differently people treat Froach to Khan. Both have achieved nothing so far in their careers and both were calling the top boys in their division. Both as arrogant as each other yet it is only Khan who gets starched on these forums. The mind set of some people on this forum is ridculous. hmmm I wonder if Khan was white and Froach asain if that would have made it difference to how they are discussed. I'm sure it would do.

Alot of unconscious racism one thinks
No mate, the difference is that Froch is still under the radar while Khan is always in the papers, **** all to do with racism. If you can be arsed to search you can see the difference in how people regard David Haye on this forum as he's got more popular, he gets a lot more shit now than he did last year.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 10:03 AM   #24
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
It's intersting how differently people treat Froach to Khan. Both have achieved nothing so far in their careers and both were calling the top boys in their division. Both as arrogant as each other yet it is only Khan who gets starched on these forums. The mind set of some people on this forum is ridculous. hmmm I wonder if Khan was white and Froach asain if that would have made it difference to how they are discussed. I'm sure it would do.

Nothing to do with that. Froch has been slated on here plenty of times, but we don't see him all over the papers and TV being talked of as a world elite fighter.
People basically get sick of ludicrous hype, that does not exist around Froch, most people on the street have never heard of him, whereas most people on the street think Khan is one of the best boxers in the world.

Have you not seen how much stick Hatton gets? Hatton who has fought at the highest level and won, and has only lose to the best fighter on the planet, is called "exposed" a cunt, a cheat, people say he has never fought anyone up until PBF etc etc...
Strike is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #25
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

the only reason haye gets shit is cos he's come out talking like james toney. he's always been a respectful fighter before this move to heavyweight. and people call ricky hatton a sell out when he comes out with his soundbites. if haye ain't sold out recently then i don't know what sell out is.

froch is right in what he says. i just wish he'd hurry up and get a move on in his own career.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #26
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
So let me get this straight... The more famous you are, the more shit you get?
Correct. You don't even have to be particulary arrogant.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #27
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
People rewrite history and reality to suit their own perception.

Some opinions:

Hatton - polarises opinion but in the last few years has faced solid opposition beating two genuine P4P talents and only losing to the best boxer in the sport today. Like him or not, he's a UK legend.

Calzaghe - iffier resume but there are solid names there. Has rectified that by beating two prime and feared opponents who were meant to beat him in the last three years. Incredible unbeaten streak would be impossible if he had no talent.

Haye - solid fighter with a good resume, has taken risks and challenges while unifying the CW division and is now stepping up in weight (yet down in class, I fear). Took the title away from the champion in his own backyard and beat his no.1 domestic rival to unify the belts further.

Khan - has done nothing of any note as a pro.

Froch - slowly getting himself to a position where he could win a title, but has an ok resume frustrated by lack of decent opponents in the past two years. Should probably shut his mouth a bit more, but he does make me laugh.

i could turn all of those feelings into either hating or hugging as I saw fit. The reality will always be inbetween.
Iffier than Hatton's?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #28
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Calzaghe and Hatton are about par resume wise

Some of the WBU 'defences' are against better opponents than some of Calzaghe's WBO 'defences' - and vice versa of course

Hopkins > Lazcano
Kessler < Mayweather
Manfredo < Castillo
Bika = Urango
Lacy > Collazo (at the time)

2-2-1 IMO on last five opponents
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #29
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Froch like Nate and Haye tells it like it is. I like.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #30
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:

Froch really has had his fair share of stick on here as well.

I remember a poll on the brit forum asking if you would support him against Kessler and the majority who voted said no!
elle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum