yeah he can beat Hatton and co at this stage
FLINT ISLAND is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 922
Default Re: timothy bradely will rule 140

He's good, but not that great. Hatton beats him handily IMO.
Claypole is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
dwilson

vCash:

Prime Hatton vs Bradley would be competative but right now Bradley would probably stop Ricky.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Prime Hatton vs Bradley would be competative but right now Bradley would probably stop Ricky.
my thoughts exactly
Benjiabc is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Hatton mauls and brawls en route to a UD.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
TFFP

vCash:

I think he could beat Hatton. But then I've got a sneaking suspicion Malignaggi could do it, or at the least cause him a lot of problems and make him look very beatable.

It's a toss up between him and Ortiz for who will rule what is a pretty sorry looking division in the future.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiabc
he will beat both hatton and paulie, prob both by Ko, there i said it

thoughts?
Thoughts? A bit more actual reasoning from yourself wouldn't go amiss, that was my first thought.

I thought he was good against Junior and he's a fresh, strong, tidy operator. But I downgraded my opinion of him after last night, he lacks sparkle. He's straightforward, finds it hard to force the issue, doesn't seem to carry that much power.

All that said - there's so little at 140 he could well 'rule' until someone of genuine talent emerges or moves up (Guzman?!).

Hatton's got 2 fights at the weight left maximum, possibly even one. He won't be fighting Bradley. So comparisons are a bit pointless.
trotter is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2008, 03:00 PM   #9
fidds
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Bradley isnt exactly a concusive puncher is he ?

A win against a half shot witter and edner cherry hardly makes you the man, excuse my sceptiscism as i like the kid.

I dont want to see him built up like lacy etc.... you no the next big thing only to get beat up by kotelnic or some one.
fidds is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #10
TFFP

vCash:

Kotelnik is a good fighter though, my favourite in this division. Lovely precise boxer that does everything well, just needs a bit more power. His "losses" could have gone either way with Witter and M'baye. It wouldn't be a disgrace to lose to him.

Bradley is a bit basic and predictable. He could do with adding something other than jab, walk forward, throw a looping right hand to his arsenal. I couldn't believe Witter didn't adjust to that, must have been one of those terrible nights for him. He has good athleticism, stamina and I like his attitude.

In most divisions it wouldn't be enough, but he has a chance.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #11
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter
Thoughts? A bit more actual reasoning from yourself wouldn't go amiss, that was my first thought.

I thought he was good against Junior and he's a fresh, strong, tidy operator. But I downgraded my opinion of him after last night, he lacks sparkle. He's straightforward, finds it hard to force the issue, doesn't seem to carry that much power.

All that said - there's so little at 140 he could well 'rule' until someone of genuine talent emerges or moves up (Guzman?!).

Hatton's got 2 fights at the weight left maximum, possibly even one. He won't be fighting Bradley. So comparisons are a bit pointless.
chill out mate you only had to ask, i thought bradley looked decent last night, cherry isnt a bad first defense of your title, he beat witter convincingly i thought he had great handspeed and decent movement as well he made witter(who many thought was the best at 140) look pretty stupid really, i think bradley has the right attitude to do well also hes confident but not ****y, i think he would be too much of a classy operator/boxer for hatton personally, saying that it would not surprise me if hatton did maul his way to a victory but i think hatton is on the way down and i have never rated paulie in the first place. Prime hatton (before floyd, around the time he first became a champion) would win handily IMO but now, i think bradley would be too fresh

hope that helps!

P.S i was asking a question and was interested in everyones thoughts, i already know my opinion on it so i dont need to write it down, all you had to was ask. ok!
Benjiabc is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #12
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Kotelnik is a good fighter though, my favourite in this division. Lovely precise boxer that does everything well, just needs a bit more power. His "losses" could have gone either way with Witter and M'baye. It wouldn't be a disgrace to lose to him.

Bradley is a bit basic and predictable. He could do with adding something other than jab, walk forward, throw a looping right hand to his arsenal. I couldn't believe Witter didn't adjust to that, must have been one of those terrible nights for him. He has good athleticism, stamina and I like his attitude.

In most divisions it wouldn't be enough, but he has a chance.
compared to victor ortiz, Lamont peterson,tim bradley,Richardo Torres,Kedell holt just to name a few Khotelnik seems very basic some 1 like gavin rees who went the distance with khotelnik and won a few rounds in between would probrably have gotten smashed inside 5 by the above fighters,
faisal is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #13
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faisal
compared to victor ortiz, Lamont peterson,tim bradley,Richardo Torres,Kedell holt just to name a few Khotelnik seems very basic some 1 like gavin rees who went the distance with khotelnik and won a few rounds in between would probrably have gotten smashed inside 5 by the above fighters,
Rees didn't go the distance. He got a brutal sustained boxing lession over 12 rounds, and knocked out in the 12th and final round. For that, we can all be grateful.

I take your point though, but it just highlights what I said. His problem is he has very little power. It's the main thing he is lacking, he's a very good technical boxer and a good counterpuncher.

If he had the power to discourage guys from coming forward, or if he could back them him up with hurtful shots occasionally he would be a force.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #14
nufc16
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Kotelnik's a good fighter, but very one paced, and takes his time to get into fights. against the best, i think he'd find himself too far behind before he got into gear against the divisions elite. great accurate puncher though when at his best. although the rees fight probably flattered him a bit as he was there to be hit.
nufc16 is offline  Top
Old 09-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #15
fidds
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Not forgetting how kotelnik got tottaly robbed against witter, Bradley also has little power as well.
fidds is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum