Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 07-31-2007, 03:52 AM   #1
Peterp
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Is it really that hard to find Boxers with a Positive record to put on TV ?

The live Fight nights on Fox Sports, i do love them, but it seems that an aweful lot of boxers they have on the fight card have terrible records. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to find boxers with a positive winning records rather than records like 2 wins, 10 losses and a draw.
Peterp is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2007, 03:54 AM   #2
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Is it really that hard to find Boxers with a Positive record to put on TV ?

Most "professional" boxers aren't really professional, in the fact they have to work on top of train, fight etc. Most of them will fight anyone at the drop of the hat, and basically don't have a manager. It all runs through the trainer and them, which adds up to a fair few L's on the record.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 05:38 AM   #3
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Is it really that hard to find Boxers with a Positive record to put on TV ?

Yep that why you see aussie champs with records of 8 W and 4 L or 15 W and 7 L.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

I love watching some of those bums on fox fight nights.Never know what to expect.Also love hearing those lunatic philopeno(excuse spelling) trainers screaming out the whole bout.

We could knock these types but they are all heart.True battlers..Not the greatest but very willing to put their body on the line for a couple of hundred bucks.

Andy raymonds commentry is always good.
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterp
The live Fight nights on Fox Sports, i do love them, but it seems that an aweful lot of boxers they have on the fight card have terrible records. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to find boxers with a positive winning records rather than records like 2 wins, 10 losses and a draw.
it is really hard to put together areally good show most of the top boxer are more intereste in protecting the record then taking a 50/50 fight.
so there for the promotors need these average fighters to keep there shows together
huricn is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

Comes down to one thing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and most dont want to pay the top fighters to fight on any undercard because even when it is green and Mundine they get the big cut and there is nothing left for the other guys.

Just take a look at Katsidis on both times he was on the Undercard to Mundine he had to pay for his own fight because Mundien and his crew got all the money and this is true he got paid NOTHING for those fights.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 09:43 PM   #7
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Exactly boys it all comes down to money & guys protecting their records.
A promoter & matchmakers job can be so difficult.
Everyone is quick to critisize guys like a Angelo Hyder.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 01:45 AM   #8
The Tuaman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

There really isnt a huge selection of fighters between Aussie and NZ to choose from when putting a card together a good example of that is Solomon Haumono recycling kiwi Alex Mene this Friday night here in Auckland. Haumono has already stopped Mene 2-8-2 once before! Its simply just another W for Haumono.

Its hard though putting together a good card with financial restrictions, guys wnt to pad their records etc I think we should support any boxing we get on
TV as we dont get alot!
The Tuaman is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 02:23 AM   #9
boxa01
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

its gotta be hard for sol fightin ppl that dont wanna be in there i hope he can get a decent fight soon
boxa01 is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 03:25 AM   #10
The Tuaman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Mosese Kavika certainly didnt want to be there!

Haumono was offered a fight against Chauncy Welliver but turned it down...........was a good TV fight in Auckland, NZ paying pretty good $$. So it aint as though decent guys dont want to fight him!

Haumono needs to look at guys like Pat Kennedy or Nathan Briggs who have decent records wins over those guys will start to give Haumono some credibility, i mean surely to god he's not being looked upon as a future champion by having 12 easy wins over these guys hes been facing!
The Tuaman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum