Old 06-21-2007, 10:45 AM   #61
boxfan99
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Banks is schooling Manfredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian
Peter seems very unhappy with his father training him, I mean, he asked Teddy to train him!

Peter improved with Roach, and he's digressed with his father into a fighter who just isn't sure of himself, the stuff he was doing against Pemberton and Spina and how he looked last night were so totally different, it had to be Roach.
Or perhaps Banks was just slightly better than a shot Pemberton and a never has-been Spina. My point being Manfredo is/was the most overrated active boxer lately, and I'm looking so much forward to his fight against Green, then we will all see what he really is worth.

Btw I like Manfredo as a person, I just don't like the hype surrounding him, because he really hasn't earned it in my eyes.
boxfan99 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2007, 10:52 AM   #62
Butterfly^Soul

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
Or perhaps Banks was just slightly better than a shot Pemberton and a never has-been Spina. My point being Manfredo is/was the most overrated active boxer lately, and I'm looking so much forward to his fight against Green, then we will all see what he really is worth.

Btw I like Manfredo as a person, I just don't like the hype surrounding him, because he really hasn't earned it in my eyes.
The guy has a pretty strong fanbase(especially in new england),but I don't think anyone's claiming him to be a world beater or anything.He's an exciting fighter who's praised for his charity work around here.That's about it...
Butterfly^Soul is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #63
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousxtian
Peter seems very unhappy with his father training him, I mean, he asked Teddy to train him!

Peter improved with Roach, and he's digressed with his father into a fighter who just isn't sure of himself, the stuff he was doing against Pemberton and Spina and how he looked last night were so totally different, it had to be Roach.
I'd agree that without professional help Peter stands absolutely no chance whatsoever of being a legitimate threat to any alphabelt.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #64
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
If some midwestern tomato can can put Green on queer street and nearly KTFO him, an ordinary fringe contender like Manfredo might just be able to keep him there.
I can't see how you can't upgrade the guy's chin a bit after the Miranda fight. If he was grade A china, he would have been laid out permanently by any number of solid shots straight to the chin by Miranda. Sometimes a guy just gets caught with a shot he never saw coming. Below average chin? Sure, but your distaste for Green's chin is over the top.

Manfredo punches like a light middleweight, probably because he's a natural light middleweight. He has no chance against Green, not even a puncher's chance.
Brickhaus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum