Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-31-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Felix Trinidad vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Who wins at 147 lbs and why?
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2007, 11:54 AM   #2
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: Felix Trinidad vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

I don't know.

Trinidad is definitely the bigger guy in there, he's rangy and accurate, but I can definitely see Floyd stinking out the joint and winning a dull decision, using a lot of lateral movement and being on the backfoot, landing the straight right hand (what Tito was suspectible to), and making Tito look very flat-footed.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
jonesjrp4p1
16 yr old prodigy
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1557

floyd ud
jonesjrp4p1 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesjrp4p1
floyd ud
Explain why.
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 12:34 PM   #5
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior
I don't know.

Trinidad is definitely the bigger guy in there, he's rangy and accurate, but I can definitely see Floyd stinking out the joint and winning a dull decision, using a lot of lateral movement and being on the backfoot, landing the straight right hand (what Tito was suspectible to), and making Tito look very flat-footed.
Tito boxes very flat footed, and it will be hard for him to find an elusive boxer like mayweather. The fight would probably be the same thing for all 12 rounds. MAyweather is going to move, pot shot Tito to a UD
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 12:46 PM   #6
josak
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Judging from the Hopkins and DLH fights, I think this was would be a very wide UD for Mayweather. He'd be potting shotting Trinidad all night, who's a very stationary fighter.
josak is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 12:47 PM   #7
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by josak
Judging from the Hopkins and DLH fights, I think this was would be a very wide UD for Mayweather. He'd be potting shotting Trinidad all night, who's a very stationary fighter.
pretty much
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 01:07 PM   #8
FlatNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah, Mayweather is the Anti-Trinidad.Tito's style is tailor made for Weeping Boy.Felix would march into punches all night.
FlatNose is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 02:10 PM   #9
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Floyd would pot shot him all night.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 07:12 PM   #10
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 118

I'd give it to Floyd.
Russell is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 07:37 PM   #11
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I don't mean to be disrespectful to Tito, but this would be ugly. Tito had problems with boxers and lateral movement. Bad matchup stylistically for him. Wide UD with possible knockdowns.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 08:14 PM   #12
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

No, I'm thinking of Tito's balance. While Tito would not be hurt, and definitely not in the kind of trouble Diego was in, the sharp punches of Floyd have an above-average chance of producing a knockdown.

In no way is Tito in danger of being stopped, but I've always considered his balance to be poor. Poor enough for Floyd to catch him on the go once or twice.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 11:55 PM   #13
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
I disagree that there would be anything resembling a knockdown. Most people are thinking Floyd/Corrales undoubtedly, without realizing for one that Floyd wasn't as quick or as good at 147 as he was at 130, and that Trinidad was bigger, stronger, hit way harder, and not as easy to hurt(especially at higher weights by a fighter of Floyd's power) as Corrales.

This fight goes one of two ways in my estimation. Either Floyd loses a UD due to literall running all night after feeling Tito's power, or FLoyd wins a decision based on effective scoring. My guess is the latter. Tito was stationary and I assume Floyd would land a lot, but there would be no knockdowns, and I believe Tito would make Floyd feel his power. A prime Tito was no joke. Floyd by UD, not neccessarily wide though.
I think there's a decent chance he does run all night. I mean, we saw how unwilling he was to put punches together against an old DLH. Prime Tito will stalk him relentlessly all night long and is much bigger and harder hitting than DLH - and he doesn't let up down the stretch.

Tito isn't going to be discouraged by Floyd's pot shots. I look back even to the Hopkins fight, where Tito got an absolute pasting: his response in the later rounds was to attack Hopkins even more, not to retreat, despite getting hit hard and often. What I'm saying is that Tito has the heart to walk through anything Floyd has to give and assert himself on Floyd.

Floyd may be good enough to dodge all of Tito's shots, but I have a feeling at some point (and probably earlier than most think) Floyd tastes it and wants none of it from there on in.

Tito 7-5.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 06:20 AM   #14
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist
I think there's a decent chance he does run all night. I mean, we saw how unwilling he was to put punches together against an old DLH. Prime Tito will stalk him relentlessly all night long and is much bigger and harder hitting than DLH - and he doesn't let up down the stretch.

Tito isn't going to be discouraged by Floyd's pot shots. I look back even to the Hopkins fight, where Tito got an absolute pasting: his response in the later rounds was to attack Hopkins even more, not to retreat, despite getting hit hard and often. What I'm saying is that Tito has the heart to walk through anything Floyd has to give and assert himself on Floyd.

Floyd may be good enough to dodge all of Tito's shots, but I have a feeling at some point (and probably earlier than most think) Floyd tastes it and wants none of it from there on in.

Tito 7-5.
Good to see someone giving Tito a chance. He's the far bigger man and has ATG power at 147. I think he has a punchers chance in this one, PBF has never faced this much class and power rolled into one.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #15
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
Good to see someone giving Tito a chance. He's the far bigger man and has ATG power at 147. I think he has a punchers chance in this one, PBF has never faced this much class and power rolled into one.
For sure mate. And to add to the intrigue, you have the issue of Floyd's bad hands to contend with. Look at how defensive Floyd became against Baldomir when he hurt his hand. Should that happen against Tito he will be in all sorts of trouble. Tito has a good chance in this one.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum