Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-31-2007, 06:45 PM   #31
Proud Warrior
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton is the smaller man against Mayweather?

Hatton signed me his book 2 weeks ago so i saw him in the flesh and he was the same size as lennox lewis...! lol, dont worry bye december he will be the most ripped fighter on the planet again!!!
Proud Warrior is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 06:51 PM   #32
psychopath
D' "X" Factor
East Side VIP

Location: In your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . WORST Nightmare
vCash: 2065

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievint
its about how one carries weight!
Yeah right . . . how one carries the weight . . . where? In or out of the ring?

Hatton looks like shit when he fought at 147 and admitted he's not comfortable at that weight class that's why he has decided to comeback to 140 . . . isn't that right? While Floyd even looks good at 154.

. . . now talk about how a fighter carries the weight.
psychopath is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 01:03 PM   #33
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Floyd IS THE BIGGER MAN PERIOD. There are all sorts of fighters with slender builds who fill in as they get older. Gatti, Pacman, Holyfield and hundreds of other fighters are good examples of this.

I really doubt PBF could get down to 135 again. He is thirty years old and has filled out. Hatton peaked physically earlier than Floyd and isn’t going to gain any real mass outside of a beer belly.

Common guys, unless you are under 25 years old you must have seen all sorts of your peers gain mass from their teens to through to their 30s while other guys seem to hit their ceiling by their late teens. Hatton and Floyd have different body types and Floyd’s frame allows for a solid 150 and Hatton is at optimum weight a few pounds below that.
Lol.. Not even close. Hatton's BEST weight to fight is 140 period. How the hell he gets down to that weight is beyond me. It's definilty not his natural weight but he's able to do his best work and be the bigger man at 140.

Maywether's best weight is 135 PERIOD...He may have a hard time getting down to that weight but he can do it...he was just at 140 2 years ago. He can definitley do it, but will he be drained? Probably b/c he has grown in to his body more..but he's a small guy regardless....Hatton is a larger man...if you see both men not in a trainign camp the evidence is clear that Hatton is bigger.
charlievint is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #34
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath

Hatton looks like shit when he fought at 147 and admitted he's not comfortable at that weight class that's why he has decided to comeback to 140 . . . isn't that right? While Floyd even looks good at 154.

How one carries the wieght in everyday life... ! Hatton did look like SHIT when he stepped up to 147 but that's only b/c he was fighting a taller man with better boxing skills at a weight where he couldn't be the bully!

At 140 he's the bigger man and it's where he's comfortable. That doesn't mean he's at his natrual wieght at 140....that just means it's the weight where he can get the most out of his style and attributes such as POWER and SIZE.

Floyd isn't a 154 pound fighter...he's just not...Floyd looks good at any weight...that's b/c of his untatural talent and abundance of skill...somethig Hatton lacks...so when he moves up he looses his advantages while Floyd carries his.

But you can tell Floyd looses power everytime he moves up. At 147 his power wasn't as clear as it was at 140. And at 135 before all his hand troubles he was Knocking people out left and right. Class dismissed.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:15 PM   #35
bill poster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What a stupid thread
bill poster is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #36
warrior85
R.I.P THUNDER
East Side Guru

vCash: 334

regardless of size hatton is stronger so any size advantage is neutralized straight away,if you want proof hes stronger just watch their fights,when did floyd ever physically bully or shove anyone around the ring,hatton will be in the best shape of his life bcoz he knows what hes up against,i see hatton wearin floyd down 4 a late stoppage or points win
warrior85 is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 01:24 PM   #37
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Hatton has a stocky build, Floyd's build is thinner, while he's taller and lankier.

I really don't think there's much of a difference in size. Apparently, neither does Ray Hatton, which is why Ricky is fighting Floyd. Ray say he wouldn't want Ricky to fight a lot of the welterweights out there, but he doesn't mind Ricky fighting Floyd because they're very close in size.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #38
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior85
regardless of size hatton is stronger so any size advantage is neutralized straight away,if you want proof hes stronger just watch their fights,when did floyd ever physically bully or shove anyone around the ring,hatton will be in the best shape of his life bcoz he knows what hes up against,i see hatton wearin floyd down 4 a late stoppage or points win
Why in the bloody hell would Floyd ever want to do that? This is like saying Jones wasn't technically sound because he dropped his hands. Floyd doesn't need to fight like a mawler/brawler, but that doesn't by any means indicate that he isn't strong enough.....just like Jones was so physically gifted he could stray from the "perfect and proper" boxing principles at times, that doesn't mean he didn't have the technique.

I actually think Floyd is the bigger and stronger man than Hatton.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 01:32 PM   #39
warrior85
R.I.P THUNDER
East Side Guru

vCash: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg
Why in the bloody hell would Floyd ever want to do that? This is like saying Jones wasn't technically sound because he dropped his hands. Floyd doesn't need to fight like a mawler/brawler, but that doesn't by any means indicate that he isn't strong enough.....just like Jones was so physically gifted he could stray from the "perfect and proper" boxing principles at times, that doesn't mean he didn't have the technique.

I actually think Floyd is the bigger and stronger man than Hatton.

i see what youre sayin,i disagree,but i see your point
warrior85 is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #40
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior
Hatton has a stocky build, Floyd's build is thinner, while he's taller and lankier.

I really don't think there's much of a difference in size. Apparently, neither does Ray Hatton, which is why Ricky is fighting Floyd. Ray say he wouldn't want Ricky to fight a lot of the welterweights out there, but he doesn't mind Ricky fighting Floyd because they're very close in size.
Close....Ray has no problems letting Ricky take this fight b/c he KNOWS ricky will have the size and strength advantage.

Other 147 pound fighters with GOOD Skills and slick style he avoids b/c they are around Hatton's size NATRUALLY or hatton is bigger.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:54 PM   #41
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior85
i see what youre sayin,i disagree,but i see your point
Fair enough
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #42
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

i gurantee you any analysis will say Hatton is the bigger man.....factoring reach is the dumbest shyt i have ever heard....now height maybe but reach get the fukk outta here!

How in the hell can you say a man who starts at 130 be the bigger man just because his SKILL level allows him to fight at higher weights....Hatton being stocky and short doesnt hinder him its his skills which hinder him.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #43
MacManJr.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
i gurantee you any analysis will say Hatton is the bigger man.....factoring reach is the dumbest shyt i have ever heard....now height maybe but reach get the fukk outta here!

How in the hell can you say a man who starts at 130 be the bigger man just because his SKILL level allows him to fight at higher weights....Hatton being stocky and short doesnt hinder him its his skills which hinder him.
Quit reading my mind boy.
MacManJr. is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #44
Jinx
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath

Hatton looked like shit because Collazo beat that ass...and PBF looked good at 154 because he's a MUCH better fighter than Hatton...
Jinx is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #45
Illmatic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
Hatton looked like shit because Collazo beat that ass...and PBF looked good at 154 because he's a MUCH better fighter than Hatton...
there we go...
Illmatic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum