Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-31-2007, 02:14 AM   #1
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Balsio vs Pendler

Just watch Balsio vs Pendler, and I never though much on Pendler as a great fighter before. But that fight WOW me. He hurt Balsio and even drop him in rounds 13 and 15. Pendler did indeed beat Carman that night. I have Pendler vs Robinson also both fights, and mostly I hear Robinson was shot when Pendler got to him. But it also must be rember that Robinson would shortly fight a draw(A win for Surger imo) with Gene Fullmer. Over all after seeing these 2 bouts I thinking of rethinking of were to rank Pendler, and might even rank him as a great fighter. I belive Paul Pendler at his best would be a hard task for any middleweight in the world.
Whats your thoughts on Pendler, were would he rank in your all time middleweights, and what are his shots in beating Hagler?
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: Balsio vs Pendler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dempsey1238
Just watch Balsio vs Pendler, and I never though much on Pendler as a great fighter before. But that fight WOW me. He hurt Balsio and even drop him in rounds 13 and 15. Pendler did indeed beat Carman that night. I have Pendler vs Robinson also both fights, and mostly I hear Robinson was shot when Pendler got to him. But it also must be rember that Robinson would shortly fight a draw(A win for Surger imo) with Gene Fullmer. Over all after seeing these 2 bouts I thinking of rethinking of were to rank Pendler, and might even rank him as a great fighter. I belive Paul Pendler at his best would be a hard task for any middleweight in the world.
Whats your thoughts on Pendler, were would he rank in your all time middleweights, and what are his shots in beating Hagler?
Basilio was around 34 years old when he fought Pender ,plus he came into the fight with a pulled miscle in his left shoulder which prevented him throwing his best punch,his left hook effectively,I dont thinktoo much of Pender,he wouldnt have beaten Fullmer,who also isnt a great in my book ,imo Pender is one of the worst 160 lb champs ,Hagler would embarrass him.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

He was not the worse as people like to claim. Balsio nail Pendler a LOT in that fight though. And Pendler didnt go down. He didnt just out box Balsio, he beat him up. Even though Carman was 34, He still got some amazing shots on Pendler, even cutting the eye. Had a less Will fighter fought Carman that night, they would have been knockout. Pendler had heart.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
He was not the worse as people like to claim. Balsio nail Pendler a LOT in that fight though. And Pendler didnt go down. He didnt just out box Balsio, he beat him up. Even though Carman was 34, He still got some amazing shots on Pendler, even cutting the eye. Had a less Will fighter fought Carman that night, they would have been knockout. Pendler had heart.
Well he didnt show it against Terry Downes in their first fight ,he quit on his stool.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 05:28 PM   #5
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pender was mediocre imo

Basilio and Robinson were shot to pieces.
Mantequilla is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 06:39 PM   #6
Marciano Frazier
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Greek/Dempsey, you're a great asset to this forum and I like your views on many topics, but man, are some of your spellings funny! Not only do you type "Balsio" and "Pendler" in the title, but you actually keep misspelling their names throughout the entire post and in the exact same way! It's a good thing we can extrapolate who you're talking about from the context.
Marciano Frazier is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 02:13 AM   #7
Doc McCoy
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Basilio had Balsio!!
Doc McCoy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum