Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #2551
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Classic Forum -Talk About Anything (Mods please dont move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
...he's...been to a horrific auction in the underground black market of Berlin?
And Joe Frazier's phallus as well, wouldn't get that at Christies.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2012, 09:18 AM   #2552
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
And Joe Frazier's phallus as well, wouldn't get that at Christies.
Look! It kind of has a left hook!
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #2553
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #2554
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

DiBella has thrown 151 with an 80/20 split out there. After the Macklin fight, I believe. Though that was before they were able to at least get Chavez in the ring. Be really surprised if they don't exercise the option on the rematch Arum isn't already clamoring for. Sergio has said he doesn't want it in Texas as has already been suggested as early as this past Sunday.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #2555
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgaJeuX-mPs&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgaJeuX-mPs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #2556
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

151, now that would 'Chad' the victory up if it were to happen. The kind of thing Floyd would probably need to convince him though.

By the way 'Chad' or 'Chadding' will now replace 'Lalonde-ing' as the correct shorthand for a fighter draining himself stupidly and living up to the consensus fears beforehand of him being a weak ass bitch.

And Dawson was dire compared to Donny
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #2557
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
vCash: 157

Garrus is online now  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #2558
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
151, now that would 'Chad' the victory up if it were to happen. The kind of thing Floyd would probably need to convince him though.

By the way 'Chad' or 'Chadding' will now replace 'Lalonde-ing' as the correct shorthand for a fighter draining himself stupidly and living up to the consensus fears beforehand of him being a weak ass bitch.

And Dawson was dire compared to Donny
Old 09-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #2559
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

I wish Floyd would fight Sergio. as much as a Floydboy as I am I take Sergio on points due to activity and movement if they fight early next year.

But Serg is getting surgery and Floyd will probably fight Canelo and retire.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #2560
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
I wish Floyd would fight Sergio. as much as a Floydboy as I am I take Sergio on points due to activity and movement if they fight early next year.

But Serg is getting surgery and Floyd will probably fight Canelo and retire.
Sergio probably surpassed Floyd on my favorite actives list this year (Maravilla, Money, Marquez). I know in the back of my mind I'd be rooting for Martinez were that fight to take place. Not only the movement, activity, angles, but constant use of the jab and power in both hands that holds significant consequences for Floyd.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:30 PM   #2561
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Sergio probably surpassed Floyd on my favorite actives list this year (Maravilla, Money, Marquez). I know in the back of my mind I'd be rooting for Martinez were that fight to take place. Not only the movement, activity, angles, but constant use of the jab and power in both hands that holds significant consequences for Floyd.
My faves are still Floyd and Bute, then Martinez certainly. I think I'd root for Floyd at 160 and Serg at 154.

I wonder why so many people are using the Barker and Macklin fights as a gauge to Mayweather/Martinez. Floyd is smaller, less active in the ring, not to mention less powerful and more defensive (than both, and even Martinez)

I just have a hard time seeing him getting discouraged in there like Ortiz and Mosley did. Regardless of the outcome I doubt Sergio would just pack it in and stop trying to win once Floyd makes him miss and counters him a few times. ***y has more tools to worry Floyd than vice versa, and is more willing to use them, not to mention all of the angles and movement....just my opinion.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #2562
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Less active in the ring than Barker?

Cotto wasn't discouraged, had his moments but Floyd still won comfortably and showed serious handspeed and ability.

The Barker and Macklin fight just showed that Sergio is open to certain punches. You'd think that Floyd, quicker, more elusive, smarter and better equipped for boxing than both Barker and Macklin would be able to do better.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 09-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #2563
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
My faves are still Floyd and Bute, then Martinez certainly. I think I'd root for Floyd at 160 and Serg at 154.

I wonder why so many people are using the Barker and Macklin fights as a gauge to Mayweather/Martinez. Floyd is smaller, less active in the ring, not to mention less powerful and more defensive (than both, and even Martinez)

I just have a hard time seeing him getting discouraged in there like Ortiz and Mosley did. Regardless of the outcome I doubt Sergio would just pack it in and stop trying to win once Floyd makes him miss and counters him a few times. ***y has more tools to worry Floyd than vice versa, and is more willing to use them, not to mention all of the angles and movement....just my opinion.
Considering the long and winding road it was to get to the top, it wouldn't make sense for Martinez to ever 'pack it in' no matter if he's getting robbed, floored, behind on points or rocked to the brink of a fight he thoroughly dominated the vast majority of. Mayweather would be in a fight for the full 12.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #2564
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Less active in the ring than Barker?

Cotto wasn't discouraged, had his moments but Floyd still won comfortably and showed serious handspeed and ability.

The Barker and Macklin fight just showed that Sergio is open to certain punches. You'd think that Floyd, quicker, more elusive, smarter and better equipped for boxing than both Barker and Macklin would be able to do better.
Considering both Macklin and Barker were dropped and stopped I think it's a bad barometer for what would happen if Floyd/***y ever did meet up. The right hand works against a southpaw, thats no secret.

Cotto also had success but Floyd's philly shell is pretty much impenetrable against ortho's, not so much against southpaw where his left side is open to jabs and hooks, Judah gave him ridiculous trouble pot shooting from the outside until he folded (as per usual) and just didn't throw punches.

Both are great at adju sting so I think it'd be a great match, slightly favouring Sergio, for me anyways.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #2565
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Judah gassed and folded. Martinez is the opposite of one who folds and has exceptional stamina in addition to being the naturally bigger man with more at his disposal to use.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum