Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 326
vCash: 1000
Default Huck vs Brudov

After Monrose's failure Acaries has to burn his last card at cruiser to obtain the WBA title currently held by Guillermo Jones.
But Huck is still on the way and even if Monrose will probably help Brudov as a sparring it will be tough for the Russian. It would be a good performance for Huck if he was able to stop another solid guy.
Your pick ?
Fitir is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
Loewe
internet hero
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in exile
Posts: 2,740
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

Well, that´s close to a 50/50 fight, Brudov isn´t the youngest anymore and Huck seems to get back on track - he still has much much work to do - both have a good chin so I think it goes to the cards. I go with Huck on points, close but clear.
Loewe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

Depends, could Acaries bring such a fight to France, for the very solid yet unheralded Brudov?

If not, the home advantage would be in Huck's favour.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:10 AM   #4
Rick G
Casual Fan
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 201
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

Since his war with Arslan Brudov only fought guys with a negative record and did not destroy them. But he is a former WBA belt holder (interim) and has a name. He was never down as far as I know.
Huck is boxrec #4 currently. His last 2 bouts were pretty impressive.
My prediction: Huck by UD.
Rick G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:31 AM   #5
Lewisbell
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,225
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

I thought someone like Drozd would have been used as a step up for a title shot
Lewisbell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:43 AM   #6
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

Quote:
Depends, could Acaries bring such a fight to France, for the very solid yet unheralded Brudov?
I don't think Acaries will be able to organize for Brudov in France. Even with the home advantage it will be a good test for Huck though !
This guy deserves respect, he is obtaining his second world title shot against good euro level opposition in EBU title fights. I have always liked this type of progression.
Fitir is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #7
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,450
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

Brudov is a serviceable boxer, but really isn't slick enough to avoid Huck's straight forward attack, and certainly not strong or powerful enough to keep him off.

Brudov boxed well enough to keep the limited Arslan at bay early, but eventually couldn't handle the pressure enough to win the rounds.

Huck has a lot of work to do if he wants to be a legit champ, i.e., adding a jab, learning a modicum of defense, combination punching, etc, but what he has is strength and aggression. These alone should be enough to beat Brudov.

I really think Huck will stop him in middle to late rounds, maybe 8 or 9.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:13 AM   #8
Loewe
internet hero
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in exile
Posts: 2,740
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir
I don't think Acaries will be able to organize for Brudov in France. Even with the home advantage it will be a good test for Huck though !
This guy deserves respect, he is obtaining his second world title shot against good euro level opposition in EBU title fights. I have always liked this type of progression.
Yeah, Huck also has real talent, sadly he is as intelligent as a piece of bread and isnīt really able to controll his emotions. But he also is still young, so there could be some developement.
Loewe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:43 AM   #9
Chillman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 943
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisbell
I thought someone like Drozd would have been used as a step up for a title shot
Drozd is with Universum, no chance in hell that Sauerland would let Huck face him voluntarily.
Chillman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:09 AM   #10
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisbell
I thought someone like Drozd would have been used as a step up for a title shot
Drozd is no pushover for no one out there.He can hold his own against most of the top fighters in his weight division.Besides a victory for Huck wouldnt been a sure bet.I for my part would put my money on Drozd in a fight with Huck. Their encounter wont come off within the next couple of months anyway!
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:12 AM   #11
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir
After Monrose's failure Acaries has to burn his last card at cruiser to obtain the WBA title currently held by Guillermo Jones.
But Huck is still on the way and even if Monrose will probably help Brudov as a sparring it will be tough for the Russian. It would be a good performance for Huck if he was able to stop another solid guy.
Your pick ?
Brudov will be a tough nut to crack for Huck.Brudov has a good chin and has proven that he can take a punch.
I for one still think that he won his encounter with Arslan a few years ago.
Huck will probably win a close point decision,but he for sure will come up against stiff opposition.
Huck by close point decision.
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:25 AM   #12
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,450
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

Odo, you know your stuff generally, but there's no way Brudov beat Arslan. He won at best 5 rounds. Huck is a better fighter than Arslan, even slightly, and should be able to capably handle a Brudov who's slightly older and been through some tough scraps.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:58 AM   #13
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,512
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanuel_augustus
Odo, you know your stuff generally, but there's no way Brudov beat Arslan. He won at best 5 rounds. Huck is a better fighter than Arslan, even slightly, and should be able to capably handle a Brudov who's slightly older and been through some tough scraps.
it was a very close fight,emanuel. Could have gone either way. I had Brudov ahead on points after 12 close rounds.I certainly dont argue the toss with someone who had Arslan ahead,but it for sure wasnt a shutout victory as you seem to hint at.
Brudov connected with the far more telling punches whereas Arslan connnected with more punches.
The judges scored their encounter in favour of the more active fighter. I have no problem with the outcome of their fight.However,I for my part would have scored that fight in favour of Brudov.
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #14
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Huck vs Brudov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
it was a very close fight,emanuel. Could have gone either way. I had Brudov ahead on points after 12 close rounds.I certainly dont argue the toss with someone who had Arslan ahead,but it for sure wasnt a shutout victory as you seem to hint at.
Brudov connected with the far more telling punches whereas Arslan connnected with more punches.
The judges scored their encounter in favour of the more active fighter. I have no problem with the outcome of their fight.However,I for my part would have scored that fight in favour of Brudov.
Same here, I had Brudov by a single point. He should still be the full WBA champion, IMO.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013