Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #31
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Barry Hall tempted again to box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN
This one keeps growing legs - read that Hall's over in Perth sparring with Danny at the moment.

Danny will soon be able to gage whether Hall has it or not, and whether he has a decision to consider.
Yeah there were pictures of both sparring in the Sunday papers, i reckon he'll see out the contract with the swans for 2009 and have a go after that. He'll probably step up the boxing training whilst player in 2009 and be ready to have a tomato can by end of that year.
the beaver is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 AM   #32
melhear
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder
VFL players are a mob of gay cunts, in tight shorts, and a poofy way of playing football.

barry WHO..!!!!???? hoppa will carve the BIATCH.!!

Probably with three fingers up his arse when he does it.
melhear is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #33
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

The Barry Hall to box when his football career finishes story is doing the rounds again.

The Melbourne Herald Sun ran with it yet again this morning.

Hall is about 34 now, and about to play what surely will be his last season of footy.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #34
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
The Barry Hall to box when his football career finishes story is doing the rounds again.

The Melbourne Herald Sun ran with it yet again this morning.

Hall is about 34 now, and about to play what surely will be his last season of footy.

What Hall is basically doing will be to create a circus like SBW, Hoppa etc to supplement an income post football. He'll fight half a dozen cans get media attention and possibly PPV fights............ He knows a domestic level title is all that he could achieve at his age.

When will this shit stop..... I can't wait in the future when the next craze will be ex footballers jumping in the octogen for MMA..... It will come as soon as they know there could be a quid in it by the silly media.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #35
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Beaver, Hall has much more talent than both of those boxing wannabes.
Hall was a champion junior boxer and very handy martial artist.
If he takes on boxing it will be no circus.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #36
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

With some training and well chosen lead-up fights, Hall could be at least competitive with most of our our heavyweights.

He'd certainly start with a better grounding than the likes of Hoppa, Mason etc.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #37
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
Can you promise that? The guy is in his mid 30's for crying out loud, it has circus written all over it.... Mate i'm not having a go at Hall's ability, but i'm having a go at what are his intentions because if he was serious than he would've done it in his mid 20's at worst.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #38
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beaver View Post
Can you promise that? The guy is in his mid 30's for crying out loud, it has circus written all over it.... Mate i'm not having a go at Hall's ability, but i'm having a go at what are his intentions because if he was serious than he would've done it in his mid 20's at worst.

He's been busy making serious money playing footy Beaver. That'll dry up in October this year, and then he'll need to decide whether boxing is his next big thing or not.

At his age he won't have time for a long boxing career, but with the right management and promotion quick rises in boxing aren't unheard of.

Hall spent some time in the ring with Hyder and Green a while back, and they seem to think he goes alright.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:12 PM   #39
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
He's been busy making serious money playing footy Beaver. That'll dry up in October this year, and then he'll need to decide whether boxing is his next big thing or not.

At his age he won't have time for a long boxing career, but with the right management and promotion quick rises in boxing aren't unheard of.

Hall spent some time in the ring with Hyder and Green a while back, and they seem to think he goes alright.
Again, no one is doubting his ability, even though he's untested as an adult.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #40
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
What Hall is basically doing will be to create a circus like SBW, Hoppa etc to supplement an income post football. He'll fight half a dozen cans get media attention and possibly PPV fights............ He knows a domestic level title is all that he could achieve at his age.

When will this shit stop..... I can't wait in the future when the next craze will be ex footballers jumping in the octogen for MMA..... It will come as soon as they know there could be a quid in it by the silly media.

I would think winning a NSW or Aussie heavyweight title would be something that alot of people would be quite proud of. The media make the circus most of the time not the fighter, it would be a sad state of affairs if only people who were able to win or fight for world titles were the only people who were wanting to fight. I have seen Barry sparring a few times and back then he went very well at 34/35 not sure but wouldn't critisise him for trying
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #41
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

If Hall did box he'd get strong press coverage anyway, but the way he was perceived by the public would have a fair bit to do with his management team's approach to things.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #42
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Carl Webb was a QLD Golden Gloves champion yet was TKO'd by Scott Lewis.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #43
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Again, no one is doubting his ability, even though he's untested as an adult.

Hall has been a marque professional footballer for the best part of 10 years in AFL. He is a badboy of the sport not because of retarded brainless antics off the field but because of his at times volatile and unrestrained agression in play.
He is media shy and for the most part of his career avoided the media like the plague.
Unlike recent RL counterparts he will not be a muppet to the media and when ready to transition to boxing I have little doubt he will set targets which will be achievable in the short term like state and Aussie titles.
Hall has always throughuot his AFL career continued his boxing training. Thus won't be a hobby and any easy entry level fights will I imagine be total mismatches which I doubt he will want to be a part of.
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #44
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Hall has been a marque professional footballer for the best part of 10 years in AFL. He is a badboy of the sport not because of retarded brainless antics off the field but because of his at times volatile and unrestrained agression in play.
He is media shy and for the most part of his career avoided the media like the plague.
Unlike recent RL counterparts he will not be a muppet to the media and when ready to transition to boxing I have little doubt he will set targets which will be achievable in the short term like state and Aussie titles.
Hall has always throughuot his AFL career continued his boxing training. Thus won't be a hobby and any easy entry level fights will I imagine be total mismatches which I doubt he will want to be a part of.
How much you on as his manager?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #45
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Carl Webb was a QLD Golden Gloves champion yet was TKO'd by Scott Lewis.
Yeah didn't we hear for years how bad and tough Webb was .

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum