Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #16
KO byBRIGGS
Making a comeback
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Does anyone question the validity of Chagaev pulling out so far from the fight date?

Quote:
You make it sound like he's set to go to a birthday party and can "wait" to see if the illness isn't as serious as they probably think then they'll cancel. He's set to fight in a championship boxing FIGHT and can get killed in there if he isn't above 100%.
You wouldnt be saying that if it was Briggs that pulled out. This is rediculous Chagaev has lost all credit and should be stripped of his title.
KO byBRIGGS is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #17
Sputnik44
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Does anyone question the validity of Chagaev pulling out so far from the fight date?

Stomach Ailment? to reference Baseball that's the reason Jason Giambi missed an entire season with the Yankees his intestinal parasite and stomach ailments kept him off the roster for most of the season while he deflated from Steroids...
Sputnik44 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #18
Sputnik44
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Stomach Ailment? to reference Baseball that's the reason Jason Giambi missed an entire season with the Yankees his intestinal parasite and stomach ailments kept him off the roster for most of the season while he deflated from Steroids...
Sputnik44 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #19
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Does anyone question the validity of Chagaev pulling out so far from the fight da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnoff
Probably a pay off to get Holyfield in position.
That's the exact same thing I mentioned in the other thread about this. If anything, Ruslan's got a hernia from hauling around the cash he's getting for not taking this fight.
Rock0052 is online now  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:09 PM   #20
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
You make it sound like he's set to go to a birthday party and can "wait" to see if the illness isn't as serious as they probably think then they'll cancel. He's set to fight in a championship boxing FIGHT and can get killed in there if he isn't above 100%.
Oh please.

They should've fought Wladimir for unification then, or at least picked someone ranked in their own top 5 or so.

It reeks of a payoff.......................& adds another black eye to boxing.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #21
The Italarican
Pretty Good Poster
ESB Senior Member

I'm not into conspiracy theories, but something is off here.
The Italarican is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:17 PM   #22
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Can you say payoff?
I hate to accuse someone of that, but I'm thinking the same thing this time, Brooklyn. Either that, or Ruslan has a much more serious ailment than is being disclosed.
Motor City Sam is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:21 PM   #23
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor City Sam
I hate to accuse someone of that, but I'm thinking the same thing this time, Brooklyn. Either that, or Ruslan has a much more serious ailment than is being disclosed.
Even if Ruslan had some major ailment, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHY SULTAN SHOULDN'T FIGHT WLADIMIR INSTEAD OF HOLYFIELD!!! It would still be a unification fight and it would draw very well in Russia, Germany or even the US. No excuse except M-O-N-E-Y!
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:25 PM   #24
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

This is how it works: Pay Ruslan to not raise hell about it, and then pay the WBO to put him first in line, and disguise the payoff as a sanctioning fee. It probably wouldn't have taken more than a few phonecalls to pull off.
Rock0052 is online now  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:25 PM   #25
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
Even if Ruslan had some major ailment, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON WHY SULTAN SHOULDN'T FIGHT WLADIMIR INSTEAD OF HOLYFIELD!!! It would still be a unification fight and it would draw very well in Russia, Germany or even the US. No excuse except M-O-N-E-Y!
I don't disagree. I think Wlad would crush Sultan, but a unification bout would be preferable to the Holy/Sultan matchup.
Motor City Sam is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:29 PM   #26
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
No excuse except M-O-N-E-Y!
That is what these guys are fighting for in the first place besides a fight with Holyfield is a much better fight than a fight with Austin
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:34 PM   #27
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka_X3
That is what these guys are fighting for in the first place besides a fight with Holyfield is a much better fight than a fight with Austin
Sultan "Yellow Belly" Ibragimov fought to a draw vs. Austin & Wladimir KO'd Austin in 2 rounds, without even using his right hand!

What was your point again?

Man, you're too easy...............................get lost, adults are talking here.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:36 PM   #28
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

BTW Bazooka, Austin was Wlad's mandatory defense.

I seem to have missed your point yet you highlighted mine. Well done!
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #29
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock0052
This is how it works: Pay Ruslan to not raise hell about it, and then pay the WBO to put him first in line, and disguise the payoff as a sanctioning fee. It probably wouldn't have taken more than a few phonecalls to pull off.

Pathetic isn't it?!
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #30
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
BTW Bazooka, Austin was Wlad's mandatory defense.

I seem to have missed your point yet you highlighted mine. Well done!
Though that is the truth, you and I both know (this is if your really an adult) that Austin wasnt shit from the get.

and who cares what Wlad did with Austin anyways, sooner or later your going to realize that the world doesnt revolve around the Klits, it might take you a little longer to see that though.

You cant force a unification, so stop crying if Wlad wants to unify there are other belt holders out there he can do that with as well.
Either way I aint bitching about this fight, IMO I would rather Holyfield get it out of the way so he can either A: Prove everybody wrong again or B: get his ass handed to him so he has no other choice but to retire.
this is a good thing for Boxing, I dont want to see Holyfield hurt in there, but if its going to happen its going to happen, I would rather him get it over with already.

You know Vitali can do a few things himself, He can step up and take that Rahman fight he out right Avoided or he can fight Byrd again.
Wlad he has options to, he can rematch Sanders and avenge that loss, he can also dig up Purritty and pull that cat out of the bag.
I mean after all they have been consistant in fighting dead men, so let them keep doing so.

Boxing does not revolve around these ****ers like it or not.
Bazooka is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum