Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default Why do people think Mayweather will stop Hatton?

Right now, I have it 50/50 as to who will win, and I think most proper fans will accept this fight will be close.

However, one thing I really don't get is people saying Hatton is going to be stopped. On cuts, maybe, but Mayweather KOing him? No chance at all. Hatton has a very good chin, and him hanging on against Collazo was more to do with stamina rather, and I don't think he was hurt despite taking big punches when his defence went completely.

He took a lot of good punches off Tszyu, which says something. Tszyu was definetly one of the hardes hitters P4P when he was in his prime - Maybe even #1. And like they always say, power is the last thing to go in a fighter.

Look at how Judah was ridiculed by Tszyu. Now, he lasted 12 rounds against Mayweather, but was KOed easily by Tszyu. This proves Tszyu hits far harder than Mayweather does, so where is the logic in saying Mayweather will KO Hatton? There is none.

People are expecting a Gatti style beatdown which is insane to me. Not gonna happen in a million years.

I certainly think Mayweather can win this fight, but a stoppage win is off the mark by a long way.
Jack is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #2
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419
Default Re: Why do people think Mayweather will stop Hatton?

Mayweather has neither the power or the astyle to KO Hatton.

if its a stoppage win got PBF it will be because Ricky got a cut.,

Last edited by My dinner with Conteh; 04-10-2006 at 12:05 PM.
jc is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #3
tragicliston
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Cuts and bruising.
tragicliston is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
MacManJr.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He will stop him if he sits down on some punches. Hatton is too damn slow and will get hit so many times his eyes will swell shut.
MacManJr. is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

I think that most people making that pick are imagining Floyd doing to hatton like he did to Gatti and the fight being stopped on a TKO. I can't imagine any rationale person that thinks that Ricky will be counted out.
thewoo is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 566

Hatton hatred. The only way Hatton gets stopped is on cuts and before the hate resumes Tyszu was meant to either blow hatton out or cut him to shreads. Ricky has never been stopped on cuts and has IMO the best cutman in the business.
nulty is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 05:02 PM   #7
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewoo
I think that most people making that pick are imagining Floyd doing to hatton like he did to Gatti and the fight being stopped on a TKO. I can't imagine any rationale person that thinks that Ricky will be counted out.
To be honest I don't it's rational to even imagine that, Hatton is better than Gatti ever was and is still in his prime, also he won't have buddy telling him boxing PBF is the way to go.
nulty is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #8
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManJr.
He will stop him if he sits down on some punches. Hatton is too damn slow and will get hit so many times his eyes will swell shut.
PBF sit down on punches? Forget it, Hatton will be pressuring him so much floyd will cover marathon distance, he will be sticking and running not planting.
nulty is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #9
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulty
Hatton hatred. The only way Hatton gets stopped is on cuts and before the hate resumes Tyszu was meant to either blow hatton out or cut him to shreads. Ricky has never been stopped on cuts and has IMO the best cutman in the business.
I don't hate Hatton one bit yet I believe there is a good chance he might get stopped. There is a good chance he might get stopped on cuts, with the fast punches he WILL eat in this fight over and over the chances for that to happen are pretty high, if not then let me remind you of the Collazo fight when Hatton was nearly stopped or knocked down in the 12th round by Collazo who isn't a big punches and I believe it's safe to say that Mayweather hits WAY harder than Collazo not to forget that Hatton WILL eat punches that he won't see coming A LOT since his style is coming forward expect Floyd to counted with vicious bombs there that have enough power in them to either stun Hatton or even floor him. The reason why not many are picking Hatton to stop Floyd(Even though it's not impossible) is because Floyd's defense is superb, otherwise those body shots can hurt Floyd or even a vicious hook by Hatton.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #10
rr94
Belt Holder
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
Right now, I have it 50/50 as to who will win, and I think most proper fans will accept this fight will be close.

However, one thing I really don't get is people saying Hatton is going to be stopped. On cuts, maybe, but Mayweather KOing him? No chance at all. Hatton has a very good chin, and him hanging on against Collazo was more to do with stamina rather, and I don't think he was hurt despite taking big punches when his defence went completely.

He took a lot of good punches off Tszyu, which says something. Tszyu was definetly one of the hardes hitters P4P when he was in his prime - Maybe even #1. And like they always say, power is the last thing to go in a fighter.

Look at how Judah was ridiculed by Tszyu. Now, he lasted 12 rounds against Mayweather, but was KOed easily by Tszyu. This proves Tszyu hits far harder than Mayweather does, so where is the logic in saying Mayweather will KO Hatton? There is none.

People are expecting a Gatti style beatdown which is insane to me. Not gonna happen in a million years.

I certainly think Mayweather can win this fight, but a stoppage win is off the mark by a long way.
they'll stop it because when Mayweather has a fighter figured out he goes for the kill maybe not flooring you but landed clean, accurate, unanswered shots. It's not like Collazo throwing shots missing half the time, it's like left hook lands right hand lands twice, jab to body then right hand lands and with no response ref's stop that kind of consistent head trauma whether concussive or not. Hatton won't be knocked down, but i could see it being stopped.

Tzuyu maybe p4p #1 in punching power? please reword in some way that makes sense. Of our generation? maybe, probably not. Of all-time? NOPE, never, no way.
rr94 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #11
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Quote:
Hatton is not slow. If anything his speed is the only thing that gives him an outside chance. I think he'll force Floyd to react to his FAST remorseless style and try to hurt Hatton to discourage him from his swarming style. Its quite possible that Floyd will stop Hatton late.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #12
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulty
PBF sit down on punches? Forget it, Hatton will be pressuring him so much floyd will cover marathon distance, he will be sticking and running not planting.
If movement is considered "chickenish running" to you which is clearly what you're hinting at then so be it. To people that understand love boxing it's great defense and masterful counter punching which you're going to see a lot the night Hatton fights Floyd.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #13
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

Quote:
yup, Mayweather is a good counter puncher, and Hatton is very slow, his hooks are still a bit wide. He's a decent body puncher I will give him that, but the handspeed difference is going to be his downfall in this fight. Floyd is going to woop him easily. THis is going to be Mayweather vs GAtti 2. Floyd wont have anything to fear from Hatton power wise, so I dont think you will see floyd retreating as much in this fight. He will stand in front of Hatton and basically jab him to death and counter Hatton when he throws his shots. This fight is going to be easy for Floyd
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #14
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
If movement is considered "chickenish running" to you which is clearly what you're hinting at then so be it. To people that understand love boxing it's great defense and masterful counter punching which you're going to see a lot the night Hatton fights Floyd.
Thats not what I'm implying. Floyds movement is superb, but if Hatton pressures him non stop as Ricky can, when will PBF be able to plant his feet and sit down on his shots?
nulty is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #15
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

I picked PBF by UD or TKO

TKO stoppage not a KO Hatton will not be counted out to strong for that.
Caper is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum