boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #16
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419
Default Re: Why do people think Mayweather will stop Hatton?

Mayweather has never knocked out a guy who was strong enough to keep coming at him.

Sosa managed 12 at lightweight as did Castillo. He most impressive stoppages came against Chcico who looked and fought like he was weight drained and probably was, ndou was a suspect super feather fighting at lightweight and gatti was well past him best and hardly a super talent to begin with.

Hatton will definately be competitibe and will definately not get knocked out!

Still...Mayweather wins on points.
jc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #17
Taffyy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab2333
yup, Mayweather is a good counter puncher, and Hatton is very slow, his hooks are still a bit wide. He's a decent body puncher I will give him that, but the handspeed difference is going to be his downfall in this fight. Floyd is going to woop him easily. THis is going to be Mayweather vs GAtti 2. Floyd wont have anything to fear from Hatton power wise, so I dont think you will see floyd retreating as much in this fight. He will stand in front of Hatton and basically jab him to death and counter Hatton when he throws his shots. This fight is going to be easy for Floyd
Come on man be realistic...........Gatti 2...!!!!!!!!!..............I think not mate........To say it is going to be easy for Floyd is a bit naive but if thats what you think then thats up to you...........
As I have said before Floyd is without doubt the greatest technical boxer of our era but I think if Hatton can enforce his tactics on Floyd & draw him into his type pf fight he can win...........
Taffyy is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #18
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1368

Hatton knows Mayweather is fast but when you experience it....it will really throw your timing and gameplan WAY OFF...this is why Hatton will have trouble....he has not seen this type of speed and movement at all....its another thing to see it on tv or tapes or even live but when your in that ring its way worse and when he finally sees and feels it.....if he doesnt adjust to it while in the fight.....and keep tryin to bully in without a jab.....the fight will be stopped.....you people say we under estimate Hatton but its a lot of you who under estimate PBF's power as well.
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #19
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffyy
Come on man be realistic...........Gatti 2...!!!!!!!!!..............I think not mate........To say it is going to be easy for Floyd is a bit naive but if thats what you think then thats up to you...........
As I have said before Floyd is without doubt the greatest technical boxer of our era but I think if Hatton can enforce his tactics on Floyd & draw him into his type pf fight he can win...........
Floyd ONLY fights his fight...he never deviates from his plan.....Hatton in no way will make him fight his fight...if Floyd fights Hattons fight by trading best believe its Floyds choice.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #20
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulty
Thats not what I'm implying. Floyds movement is superb, but if Hatton pressures him non stop as Ricky can, when will PBF be able to plant his feet and sit down on his shots?
Oscar, who was way bigger than him and hits way harder than Hatton, applied pressure from start to finish and Floyd still managed to make it a close tough fight. Castillo did the same twice and those fights were close but Floyd still pulled them off and clearly the second time, don't see how Hatton will do anything WAY different than those guys when it comes to pressure.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #21
younghov2k4
R.I.P. Thunder, Viper
ESB Senior Member

i see Floyd winning by tko. of course it is more likely he will win by decision but Hattons aggression will make it easy for Floyd to land some good shots with.

so yes i def believe he can stop Hatton if a tko counts as that.
younghov2k4 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #22
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
Oscar, who was way bigger than him and hits way harder than Hatton, applied pressure from start to finish and Floyd still managed to make it a close tough fight. Castillo did the same twice and those fights were close but Floyd still pulled them off and clearly the second time, don't see how Hatton will do anything WAY different than those guys when it comes to pressure.
exactly...with no jab and just coming in bully style.....not good for Hatton...he better find a jab quick....and if the fight is int he middle of the ring....man it could get ugly fast!
Old 08-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #23
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
They don't need to.

1. If De La Hoya had the same stamina Hatton does, he would have won the fight. Mayweather won it when Oscar got tired. Simple as that. I'm not taking anything away from what Floyd did, by the way. It's not his fault he was the better man on the night, but De La Hoya could have won it.

2. Castillo probably should have won the first fight. In the second, he didn't do anywhere near enough, but when he applied massive amounts of pressure, like Hatton, he was probably the better man.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #24
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
exactly...with no jab and just coming in bully style.....not good for Hatton...he better find a jab quick....and if the fight is int he middle of the ring....man it could get ugly fast!
Don't expect Hatton to be allowed to apply the tactics he used against Kostya Tszyu either, even if he finds a jab I don't see how it'll totally trouble Mayweather. Might make it more difficult but nothing major, Hatton needs to hurt Floyd and just keep coming with huge bombs over and over, if Hatton's motivation is similar to how it was the night he fought Tszyu then YES it will be an extremely tough battle, if not then Mayweather knocks him out late and we all know what happened to Hatton against Collazo late in the fight, don't forget that it was a close fight that could've gone either way. If Collazo was too difficult and sneaky then what do they expect from Mayweather?
Scar is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:55 PM   #25
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 566

Quote:
I see where your coming from but Oscar was fighting in 20 second bursts, Hatton is non stop and he'll come forward all night relentlessly.
nulty is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:57 PM   #26
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffyy
Believe wat you want, but Floyd is going to woop Hatton quite easily. Htton doesnt use a jab, and to beat Floyd you need to have a good jab to back him up in the corner, and Hatton doesnt have a jab. THose slow looping shots he throws is going to get picked off. Hatton is going to take a lot of punishment in this fight. And it probably will be stopped from him being opened up by punches. Oscar was able to back floyd up b/c oscar 4 one is bigger and advantage haton doesnt have. 2 Oscar has a great jab, another advantage that Hatton doesnt have. Hatton is shorter, less reach, slower, probably less power as well. Floyd been fighting at 147 for some time now and is a custom to the weight. Hatton had 2 fights at 147.
And FLoyd is just out right better than him skill wise. This is going to be MAyweather v Gatti 2 watch. Floyd is going to keep the fight in the center of the ring and punish Hatton all night
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #27
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Only Fraud Groupies are dumb enough to think FMJ will even try to stop Hatton.
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #28
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshall1
Only Fraud Groupies are dumb enough to think FMJ will even try to stop Hatton.
Fighters like Floyd really don't go into a fight looking for a KO. Whether or not Hatton gets KO'd depends on how brave he tries to get.
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:02 PM   #29
Ramshall1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
Fighters like Floyd really don't go into a fight looking for a KO. Whether or not Hatton gets KO'd depends on how brave he tries to get.
the scumbag is a-hole enough to try to hype up the fight by saying he will KO Hatton. . . after he said he was gonna stand toe to toe with DLH, not take a backward step. . . blah blah. . . who listens to this clown anymore?
Ramshall1 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #30
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotJUIC3
Hatton knows Mayweather is fast but when you experience it....it will really throw your timing and gameplan WAY OFF...this is why Hatton will have trouble....he has not seen this type of speed and movement at all....its another thing to see it on tv or tapes or even live but when your in that ring its way worse and when he finally sees and feels it.....if he doesnt adjust to it while in the fight.....and keep tryin to bully in without a jab.....the fight will be stopped.....you people say we under estimate Hatton but its a lot of you who under estimate PBF's power as well.
Excellent post I agree. Hatton has never faced someone with PBF's speed, defense and footwork he will be in for a shock when he sees how good PBF actually is...ask Oscar.
Pimp C is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum