Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #31
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372
Default Re: Why do people think Mayweather will stop Hatton?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack
They don't need to.

1. If De La Hoya had the same stamina Hatton does, he would have won the fight. Mayweather won it when Oscar got tired. Simple as that. I'm not taking anything away from what Floyd did, by the way. It's not his fault he was the better man on the night, but De La Hoya could have won it.

2. Castillo probably should have won the first fight. In the second, he didn't do anywhere near enough, but when he applied massive amounts of pressure, like Hatton, he was probably the better man.
1) I'm sure you know it by now, Mayweather is one of my favorite fighters all-time and #1 fighter today, and I honestly scored that fight for DLH simply because I believe he did more and was fighting like the challenger when he was the champion that night.

2) I scored both fights for Mayweather, first one too close but second clearly for Mayweather.

Point is, I don't see how Hatton's pressure will be too affective against Mayweather. I mean, it was Mayweather's first fight at Light Middleweight against a proven hard hitting legend in Oscar and Mayweather still handled the pressure without showing signs of going down or being in extremely serious trouble at any time, how will Hatton's blows put PBF in serious danger?, I just don't see it. I'm definitely not hinting that Hatton has 0 chance but if Hatton doesn't bully Floyd around and make it a close ugly fight then he can't win this in my opinion and he won't be allowed to hold and hit the way he did with Kostya all night, even if he was allowed Mayweather will be moving around and will break out of it with extremely fast punches that will keep Hatton backwards. I'm pretty confident that as the fight goes to the late rounds Hatton will already be tried from the punches, not saying that Floyd won't be touched but he'll be in way better shape at that point during the fight and will have the power to land punches strong enough to hurt the already tired Hatton.
Scar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #32
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I don't think I've heard anyone who I don't consider to be an ignoramus say Mayweather is going to stop Hatton, or anyone else above 135 for that matter...
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #33
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
Oscar, who was way bigger than him and hits way harder than Hatton, applied pressure from start to finish and Floyd still managed to make it a close tough fight. Castillo did the same twice and those fights were close but Floyd still pulled them off and clearly the second time, don't see how Hatton will do anything WAY different than those guys when it comes to pressure.
you come across as extremely dim

you have a schoolboy logic towards boxing, the closest fighter that Floyd has fought that has a similar style to Hatton was Jesus Chavez, and he is nothing like how Hatton fights. Has anyone ever literally pushed Mayweather back (no!), has anyone ever set Mayweather such a gruelling pace (no)

mo only major concern (for RH) is that his body punching will be rendered largely inaffective due to Mayweather's defensive stance
Nemesis is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:45 PM   #34
BlueApollo
Champion
East Side Guru

Is Hatton a better fighter than Gatti? Of course. But is he prone to facial cuts and swelling the way Arturo was? Yes. Is there a decent chance that as the rounds roll on, Hatton's pressure slows, and Floyd lands consecutive accurate power shots upstairs, that Hatton's face will become a mess? Yes. Will it be bad enough for the ref or doctor to stop it? I'd say there's a 20% chance it will be.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. won't stop Hatton. But Margaret Goodman sure could.
BlueApollo is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #35
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
you come across as extremely dim

you have a schoolboy logic towards boxing, the closest fighter that Floyd has fought that has a similar style to Hatton was Jesus Chavez, and he is nothing like how Hatton fights. Has anyone ever literally pushed Mayweather back (no!), has anyone ever set Mayweather such a gruelling pace (no)

mo only major concern (for RH) is that his body punching will be rendered largely inaffective due to Mayweather's defensive stance
My point wasn't 100% Hatton's style it was AGGRESSIVE fighters, DLH was aggressive against Floyd, Baldomir, Gatti, Castillo(twice), Chavez(thanks for mentioning) and many others. Has Hatton fought anyone like Floyd(Stamina, speed, power, movement, skills), the answer is NO. Get my point now?, and before you call me "dim" or compare my knowledge to a schoolboy's you might want to think properly while reading my post or just save those worthless comments for yourself. I never said that they are 100% Ricky Hatton but the aggressiveness is what I picked from the other fighters and compared with Hatton, it was the "come forward" style not the full package. Hope you get it now.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #36
Shane_Erich
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2066

I think the main reason people feel PBF could stop Hatton is due to the fact that he did not look good at 147 and was getting roughed up and hurt late in the fight. If that is a sign of things to come he will get KO'd because PBF is alot sharper puncher then Collazo. That being said-PBF in an easy decision.
Shane_Erich is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #37
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

The thing his hatton does not mix it up. He does not have that much of an offensive arsenal but enough to whoop a slow flat footed fighter. Hattons lack of jab and reach will hurt him. Floyd will see every single punch hatton has coming. You idiots act like floyd aint been in the ring with a knockout crazed fighter in front of him trying to beat him to a pulp. Matter of fact...floyd whoops there ass worst. Hatton will get stopped late on unanswered punches. HATTON HAS DECENT HAND SPEED BUT HE THROWS EVERY PUNCH WITH HIS FEET PLANTED AND WITH POWER. THAT AINT GOING TO HIT FLOYD. YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO SHOOT A FAST PUNCH QUICK. HATTON CANNOT DO THAT. YOU CAN SEE HATTON PHYSICALLY PLANT HIS FEET IN THE GROUND AND LET LOOSE WITH BODY SHOTS AND HOOKS. FLOYD WILL MAKE HIM MISS AND FLOYD WONT BE THERE WHEN HATTON FALLS IN TO CLINCH. COUNTER RIGHT HANDS ALL NIGHT AND FLOYD WILL FORCE HATTON TO BOX IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING AND HATTON WILL BE A BULL GETTING MATADOR'D.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 09:19 PM   #38
sonny73
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosseboi
I agree.

Floyd & Calzaghe have by far the best stamina of any active boxers today. They could go 12 rounds easier than most boxers go one. Floyd's coming to box not to KO and he can box all night so maybe his gameplan may be to box hatton into a KO ala the beating he gave Gatti.

Time will tell.....GOD AINT BOXING LOOKING GREAT ALL OF A SUDDEN!!!
Come on,Mayweathers stamina is not that good,he hardly throws as many punches as some heavy weights,having a great defence doesn't take stamina it takes skill,he is class because he wins fights without throwing many punches.Hatton could well land just as many punches as Mayweather when they fight, but obviously will miss more,just depends on what the judges like,aggression by Hatton or technique from Mayweather
sonny73 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #39
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

His fanboys predict stoppage EVERYTIME. That should tell you how serious they are or how much they know of the sport.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #40
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

Well most people think Mayweather could stop Hatton because hes bigger and he has the style to cause him problems.
knockout is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 10:09 PM   #41
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
His fanboys predict stoppage EVERYTIME. That should tell you how serious they are or how much they know of the sport.
Kinda like you hyping up a guy as limited as Fraudarito shows that you don't know shit about the sport?
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 10:53 PM   #42
rodney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Because to the number/volume of punches that Floyd Mayweather will land on Hattons face.

Simple as that.

Also ---- Floyd Mayweather is that good.
rodney is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 10:54 PM   #43
No1Taylorfan

I believe this fight is 80/20 Mayweather will win. Sorry, Hatton is a very good fighter, but not equipped to take on Mayweather. As to the KO question-- I believe Mayweather CAN knock him out, but he would have to be more aggressive, which opens him up to taking some shots himself.
Ultimately, I think Mayweather will win on points-- why try to knock Hatton out and risk getting hit hard, when he(PBF) KNOWS he can win on points.
It may not be as exciting for fans, but Floyd is about WINNING-- and his best chance to do that is by boxing Hatton and winning 3/4 of the rounds.
No1Taylorfan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum