boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #16
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rekcutnevets- I agree with you. IMO, with 8,000 folks coming across to see him and all the ticket holders for the event and HBO date it would seem quite chicken **** to pull out over a pound or two. Just my opinion.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2007, 11:21 AM   #17
Loggo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Hot off the press folks! Hattons going to pull out if Castillo cant make 140!!!!!!!! ****IING PANSY!

Hatton weight warning to Castillo

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Hatton knows he will have to up his game against Castillo

Hatton v Castillo
Las Vegas, USA
BBC Radio Five Live
Sunday 24 June, 0400 BST
Ricky Hatton says he will pull out of Saturday's IBO light welterweight title fight with Jose Luis Castillo if the Mexican fails to make the weight limit.
Castillo has had weight problems in the past, most notably when he twice failed to hit the limit for lightweight title fights against Diego Corrales.
"If he doesn't get down to 140lbs then the fight is off," said Hatton.
"He has got to do it this time or promoters and television companies won't want to know him."
Castillo said he was currently a comfortable three pounds over the limit when he took part in a public training session at the Top Rank gym in Las Vegas on Wednesday.
Yeah because the fight is at 140 pds which Hatton is going into this fight at.Is that too difficult to understand?Why should he risk getting pasted because of a fighter who can`t be ****d making the weight is over the limit?It would be a professional decision on Hatton and his trainers part to pull out if Castillo is over the weight limit.
Loggo is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #18
marauder1999
Champion
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1293

Just a ploy to get him drained and try to make him weak before the fight is all. Typical boxers strategy.
marauder1999 is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 12:33 PM   #19
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2102

PANSY?

are you serious?

there is a REASON for coming in... if ricky has to weaken himself to make the weight, i have no hard feelings at all if he pulls out if castillo pulls his bull**** again.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 12:34 PM   #20
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
What a load of garbage to make out Hatton's being a wimp. If Castillo comes in at 143lbs, then on fight night he might weigh nearly 153lb or even a bit more.

If Hatton forces himself down to his limit, with all associated strains, why should he fight at a disadvantage if he comes in at 147 and risk a serious beating?
Hatton on fight night comes In around 156 to 158lbs though.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 12:35 PM   #21
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2102

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the previous poster but I thought Hatton went into the Tszyu fight with an excellant game plan and executed it to a tee . Sure it mightn't have 'looked' that great a performance but it terms of keeping with what he was trying to do coming into the fight I don't think it could have gone better for Hatton .
exactly. he had a game plan, that worked, and he stuck to it through thick and thin. there is a reason a warrior and king like zoo didnt come out for three more minutes, and despite what some idiots would have you think, it was ricky 'holding' him.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 12:35 PM   #22
K0NPHL1C7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hatton's father should have pulled out and spared the world of his little redheaded ******* son.
K0NPHL1C7 is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #23
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Thumbs down Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Hot off the press folks! Hattons going to pull out if Castillo cant make 140!!!!!!!! ****IING PANSY!

Hatton weight warning to Castillo

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Hatton knows he will have to up his game against Castillo

Hatton v Castillo
Las Vegas, USA
BBC Radio Five Live
Sunday 24 June, 0400 BST
Ricky Hatton says he will pull out of Saturday's IBO light welterweight title fight with Jose Luis Castillo if the Mexican fails to make the weight limit.
Castillo has had weight problems in the past, most notably when he twice failed to hit the limit for lightweight title fights against Diego Corrales.
"If he doesn't get down to 140lbs then the fight is off," said Hatton.
"He has got to do it this time or promoters and television companies won't want to know him."
Castillo said he was currently a comfortable three pounds over the limit when he took part in a public training session at the Top Rank gym in Las Vegas on Wednesday.
Wait? what's Hatton threatening to pull out?
Caper is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 01:16 PM   #24
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

If Castillo cant make 40?? He's a ****ing DISGRACE, especially after what he went through with Corrales. If you cant make the weight, DONT SIGN TO FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! Rules are rules and PANSY?? STFU! Neither Hatton or Castillo could be called or construed as PANSY

Hopefully, this is much ado about nothing, but weight classes and limitations have always been in place, if Castillo cant make it?? Hatton should pull out and people can FORGET about JLC as a relevant fighter at this point.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #25
Proud Warrior
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0NPHL1C7
Hatton's father should have pulled out and spared the world of his little redheaded ******* son.
****er!!!!
Proud Warrior is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #26
K0NPHL1C7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Warrior
****er!!!!
Not quite sure I understand, is that an insult? I'm sorry I don't speak "gnarly-teeth."
K0NPHL1C7 is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #27
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

LMFAO, another funny thread. Do you expect him to agree and fight a Welterweight then?, how fair would that be?
Props to Hatton for doing this, if he trained 100% and came in shape then Castillo ought to do it or this fight is history. Hatton isn't crazy to fight someone above him in weight and then get bashed on for losing.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #28
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419

Castillo has no excuse to come in above the 140 limit. This is for the 140 World title and hatton is the 140 champion, it is now up to Castillo to put up or shut up not Hatton.

I cant see how Ricky can be blamed for reacting like this, its not the first time JLC has pulled something like this.
jc is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #29
westhamjp

Proud Warrior!

Last edited by westhamjp; 06-21-2007 at 02:21 PM.
westhamjp is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #30
westhamjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhamjp
What A ****! Thought This Was A Forum For Boxing Views?!!!What Has A 'Redhead *******' Got To Do With A Possible Great Fight?Simple Way To Respond To A Boxer Coming In Overweight,50% Of Cash To Opponent & Automatic 6Month Ban By That Governing Body.Freeze These Overpaid (Can't Be ****d To Work Out)Lazy ****s Out!
westhamjp is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum