Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #46
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Warrington
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 566
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Hatton better win this fight against a past-prime Castillo fighting out of his most effective weight class.
Yeah Yeah. Past his prime but if he beats hatton he's p4p again and just awesome because he's mexican right? Have you ever considered that hatton might not be in his prime?
nulty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #47
Knob McDude
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 531
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Hatton better win this fight against a past-prime Castillo fighting out of his most effective weight class.
Exactly.

Some of us are saying this before Ricky fights JLC. For the record.

If Castillo wins this fight, I'm gonna say Ricky was even more overrated then I thought.

This is just another past it "NAME" fighter on Ricky's resume. Nothing more.

When Ricky has the sack to fight a stud in their prime, he will get peoples respect.

Until then, he's only fooling his diehard following.
Knob McDude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:25 PM   #48
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Warrington
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 566
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob McDude
Exactly.

Some of us are saying this before Ricky fights JLC. For the record.

If Castillo wins this fight, I'm gonna say Ricky was even more overrated then I thought.

This is just another past it "NAME" fighter on Ricky's resume. Nothing more.

When Ricky has the sack to fight a stud in their prime, he will get peoples respect.

Until then, he's only fooling his diehard following.
Who would you rather he fight at 140 right now?
nulty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:26 PM   #49
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shuffled like a pack of cards
Posts: 518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob McDude
Exactly.

Some of us are saying this before Ricky fights JLC. For the record.

If Castillo wins this fight, I'm gonna say Ricky was even more overrated then I thought.

This is just another past it "NAME" fighter on Ricky's resume. Nothing more.

When Ricky has the sack to fight a stud in their prime, he will get peoples respect.

Until then, he's only fooling his diehard following.
How many other fighters in boxing are fighting the biggest threat in their division?
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #50
Knob McDude
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 531
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulty
Who would you rather he fight at 140 right now?
PBF 2 years ago, when he had the chance.

Cotto 2 years ago, when he had the chance.

140 went from being a great division, to just slightly above average when them two left it.

I guess one guy I'd like Ricky to fight in that division right now would be Junior Witter.

At this point in their careers, I think Junior and Paul Malignaggi are bigger threats then JLC.

In all honesty, as far as Ricky's legace goes, he's gonna need to move up to 147 eventually, to get the huge fights.

When a top contender in the division is a blown up, past it lightweight, it's time to find greater challenges.

He will end up like Joe Calzaghe in the end, a fighter with awesome talent who just fought too many fringe contenders, and not enough of guys at his talent level.
Knob McDude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #51
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shuffled like a pack of cards
Posts: 518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Witter is a boring fighter which HBO would never fund and Malignaggi has only just established himself as a major player in the division, you talk about 2 years ago but now is now who else is he supposed to fight? If Castillo is such a bum then why are so many people tipping him to win?
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:32 PM   #52
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Warrington
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 566
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob McDude
PBF 2 years ago, when he had the chance.

Cotto 2 years ago, when he had the chance.

140 went from being a great division, to just slightly above average when them two left it.

I guess one guy I'd like Ricky to fight in that division right now would be Junior Witter.

At this point in their careers, I think Junior and Paul Malignaggi are bigger threats then JLC.

In all honesty, as far as Ricky's legace goes, he's gonna need to move up to 147 eventually, to get the huge fights.

When a top contender in the division is a blown up, past it lightweight, it's time to find greater challenges.

He will end up like Joe Calzaghe in the end, a fighter with awesome talent who just fought too many fringe contenders, and not enough of guys at his talent level.
Right well I said right now, not 2 years ago. Witter is committed to Harris. Malignaggi just fought and is commited to a mandatory. So Hatton is facing the best available. When this fight was signed Witter was only euro champ and Paulie was a fringe contender.
nulty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:36 PM   #53
Knob McDude
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 531
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
How many other fighters in boxing are fighting the biggest threat in their division?
Well, I'd say Cotto is working his way up to it.

Takes a super tough fighter, everyone thought would give him fits in his first fight at 47.

Then fights the always dangerous Judah. (a guy tons of haters thought would light him up)

Next is a guy the p4p #1 has been ducking for years.

After that, I'm sure he's gonna go after the other top dogs, including Floyd. (if Floyd gives him the time of day)

Paul Malignaggi strikes me as another fighter always looking to fight the best.

Kelly Pavlik looks to be that way.

Winky Wright.

Shane Mosley.

Before he fought Ouma, Jermain Taylor fought two straight HoF's, and at least one of them will be an ATG.
Knob McDude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #54
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shuffled like a pack of cards
Posts: 518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter what they are looking to do this is the 2nd time Hatton has fought what is percieved by most as the biggest threat in the devision, cotto has never done it, Mayweather seldom does it, yeah Winky, Mosley etc have done it and nuff respect to them.
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #55
Knob McDude
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 531
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
Witter is a boring fighter which HBO would never fund and Malignaggi has only just established himself as a major player in the division, you talk about 2 years ago but now is now who else is he supposed to fight? If Castillo is such a bum then why are so many people tipping him to win?
Cant answer your last question.

I think even at JLC's prime, Ricky would hand him his head.

I'm not a Hatton hater, I love this guys attitude.

He is great for boxing. (minus the huggy bear style he's used in his last two fights)

I want to see him fight the best, and he hasn't been.

He caught Kostya at the perfect time, and I said the same things before that fight, that I'm saying now. (and many thought Kostya was gonna win easily)

Like I said, the 140 pound division is rubbish, now that the two best from there moved up.

There is nobody in the division that has a chance to beat Ricky, IMO.
Knob McDude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #56
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Warrington
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 566
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob McDude
Well, I'd say Cotto is working his way up to it.

Takes a super tough fighter, everyone thought would give him fits in his first fight at 47.

Then fights the always dangerous Judah. (a guy tons of haters thought would light him up)

Next is a guy the p4p #1 has been ducking for years.

After that, I'm sure he's gonna go after the other top dogs, including Floyd. (if Floyd gives him the time of day)

Paul Malignaggi strikes me as another fighter always looking to fight the best.

Kelly Pavlik looks to be that way.

Winky Wright.

Shane Mosley.

Before he fought Ouma, Jermain Taylor fought two straight HoF's, and at least one of them will be an ATG.
Ducking for years? Even though floyd was only at 147 for a short while.

Malignaggi? Riding the coat tails of the cotto fight beat a paper champ and has said nothing about fighting the best.

Pavlik already talked about moving up in weight (rather than clearing the division.)

Winky, since when is fighting at a catch weight considered fighting the best in your division?

Mosley he's holding out for PBF or retiring not looking for Cotto et al.
nulty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:43 PM   #57
Brendan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 467
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fight is at 140. That's what Castillo should weigh for it. He had plenty of time to make it. If I were Hatton, I'd say the same thing.
Brendan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:47 PM   #58
Knob McDude
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 531
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwichsurgeon
It doesn't matter what they are looking to do this is the 2nd time Hatton has fought what is percieved by most as the biggest threat in the devision, cotto has never done it, Mayweather seldom does it, yeah Winky, Mosley etc have done it and nuff respect to them.
Cotto's overall level of competition is way better then Ricky's. (minus a faded Tszyu)

The Margarito fight will be Miguel's 4th at 147, and many feel he has been one of the top dogs there for awhile.

Outside of Tszyu, Ricky has done dick.

We can argue all day, but that's pointless.

You have your opinion, and I have mine.

Hopefully Ricky will move back up to 147, and fight the guys that will help cement his legacy.

He is just gonna continue spinning his wheels at 140, and the current crop of contenders there won't earn him any respect.

I know he has the skills to hang with Cotto, Mayweather, Mosley and even De La Hoya. He just needs to take the plunge.

Last edited by Knob McDude; 06-21-2007 at 06:51 PM.
Knob McDude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:49 PM   #59
Knob McDude
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 531
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulty
Ducking for years? Even though floyd was only at 147 for a short while.

Malignaggi? Riding the coat tails of the cotto fight beat a paper champ and has said nothing about fighting the best.

Pavlik already talked about moving up in weight (rather than clearing the division.)

Winky, since when is fighting at a catch weight considered fighting the best in your division?

Mosley he's holding out for PBF or retiring not looking for Cotto et al.
Floyd moved up to 147 after the Gatti fight, which was 2 summers ago.

Paulie has been calling out Hatton for a month now.

As for the rest, I haven't heard the same things.

If you are correct, I have no argument brother.
Knob McDude is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:51 PM   #60
nulty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Warrington
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 566
Default Re: Hatton threatens to pull out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob McDude
Paulie has been calling out Hatton for a month now.

As for the rest, I haven't heard the same things.

If you are correct, I have no argument brother.
It's easy to call out a guy who has a june superfight when you have a voluntary in september and then a mandatory within 90 days isn't it?
nulty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013