Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Will a ref who doesn't allow Hatton to wrestle be the defining factor?

I keep wondering if theres a ref who doesn't allow Hatton to use his rough and wrestle tactics will that be it for Hatton?

I am a fan of both of these fighters but I am picking Mayweather to win. But again if a fair ref (IMO) doesn't allow Hatton to wrestle what will happen?
eze is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623
Default Re: Will a ref who doesn't allow Hatton to wrestle be the defining factor?

HAtton still get his ass tore up regardless.
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Will a ref who doesn't allow Hatton to wrestle be the defining factor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
I keep wondering if theres a ref who doesn't allow Hatton to use his rough and wrestle tactics will that be it for Hatton?

I am a fan of both of these fighters but I am picking Mayweather to win. But again if a fair ref (IMO) doesn't allow Hatton to wrestle what will happen?
How does not allowing a guy to wrestle in a boxing match equate to being unfair?
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Put in the ref from last nights WnF who did the Bob/Davis fight... Ricky will get DQ'd by the 6th round.

Wrestling and holding aren't legal in boxing, and I'm sure Floyd's people will make a point about this to the Ref before the fight.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #5
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

I dont think floyd is worried about wrestling. He is not the typical fighter. Floyd dont clinch back. He keeps his gloves out in front and pushes off and hits you twice as soon as there is an inch of space. If hatton clinches and thinks he is going to get off first he is in for a rude awakening. Floyd always has both hands free in front no matter what the other guy does b/c he can avoid body shots by twisting with them and use his long arms and elbows. Hatton will get bust up inside or out..I cant wait.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #6
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigReg
How does not allowing a guy to wrestle in a boxing match equate to being unfair?

IDK. I guess to a degree "roughing the other fighter up" like a little bit is okay.

IDK how to put what I want to say.
eze is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #7
john b
EVERTON 0- OLdham 1
ESB Addict

vCash: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
I dont think floyd is worried about wrestling. He is not the typical fighter. Floyd dont clinch back. He keeps his gloves out in front and pushes off and hits you twice as soon as there is an inch of space. If hatton clinches and thinks he is going to get off first he is in for a rude awakening. Floyd always has both hands free in front no matter what the other guy does b/c he can avoid body shots by twisting with them and use his long arms and elbows. Hatton will get bust up inside or out..I cant wait.
Too pretty u might be right their again hatton is quite nimble and i can promise u this he will hit pbf with some bombs in his midsection. U say he will get busted up on the inside well if he can handle KT punches I am Sure he will be able to handle PBFs.
john b is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 08:33 PM   #8
El Bombasto
Ask yo momma
ESB Addict

it would definately put a damper on his game
El Bombasto is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 09:04 PM   #9
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by john b
Too pretty u might be right their again hatton is quite nimble and i can promise u this he will hit pbf with some bombs in his midsection. U say he will get busted up on the inside well if he can handle KT punches I am Sure he will be able to handle PBFs.

KT dont have a good short crisp punch his best punch is the long str8 right or left hook. Like I said Hatton is going to get BUST hatton is nimble compared to an old tsyu and urango and a OLD castillo. He will not be nimble in the ring with floyd or he is going to toasted. Floyd will block majority of hattons punches as he always does and he will roll even more including body shots. The guy rolls body shots too..lol. Hatton picked the wrong guy.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 PM   #10
Jinx
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Hatton shouldn't be allowed by any ref to hug and clinch as much as he does...leave the huggin to the UFC...
Jinx is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #11
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Hatton will try and hold and will get a forearm to the throat for his troubles.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #12
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

huggin..runnin..part of boxin.. you're good if you manage to get away and keep your distance from huggers..while also if you catch up with runners...
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 09:51 PM   #13
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Hatton will try and hold and will get a forearm to the throat for his troubles.
forearm followed by straight right or left hook to the body.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 10:10 PM   #14
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

i think so. pbf should try to get the ref who did the paulie malinaggi fight
theunderdog is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum