Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 09:36 PM   #1
NickHudson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 447
vCash: 1000
Default Most one-sided punch stats ever

I don't mind whether it is achieved through sheer athleticism and reflexes, or through classic boxing skills, or a combination of the two.

I am merely interested in the purest metric of fighting superiority, the ability to hit and not get hit.

Ali v Williams was 100 punches to 3 over 3 rounds, according to Brittanica Online.

Does anyone know of superior punch stats to this? And what about elite opposition? Who has delivered the best boxing lesson to an elite, prime opponent?
NickHudson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2007, 09:38 PM   #2
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,078
vCash: 75
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

Ali vs. Frazier I deserves mention. Ali landed multiples of the shots Frazier did, as Frazier's hugely swollen face showed at the end. And this was over 15 rounds...

Ah... Whitaker/Chavez maybe?
Russell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #3
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 12,596
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

Mayweather vs. Gatti?
Marnoff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:31 PM   #4
NickHudson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 447
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

Wright versus Dodson is one I would like to revisit and see the punch stats for...
NickHudson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:43 PM   #5
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

Compubox is not all that accurate, but anyway....

Wright-Trinidad
Mayweather-Gatti
De La Hoya-Carpentier
Hopkins-Hakkar
R. Jones-R. Johnson
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:47 PM   #6
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Wright outlanded Trinidad 262-58 in the total punch department..thatís right, the offensive machine Trinidad landed landed an average of 5 punches per round. Wright threw 49 jabs per round and kept the puzzled Trinidad off balance all night long.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Gatti accepted the decision after a night in which he had been outpunched, 168-41, according to CompuBox statistics
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:59 PM   #7
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,551
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

Roy Jones vs. Vinny Pazienza

The first fight in compu box history, in which a fighter(Pazienza) went a complete round without landing a punch.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:21 AM   #8
NickHudson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 447
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

Thanks mate,

interesting stuff.

Nothing approaching Alis 1966 masterclass yet though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Wright outlanded Trinidad 262-58 in the total punch department..thatís right, the offensive machine Trinidad landed landed an average of 5 punches per round. Wright threw 49 jabs per round and kept the puzzled Trinidad off balance all night long.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Gatti accepted the decision after a night in which he had been outpunched, 168-41, according to CompuBox statistics
NickHudson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:22 AM   #9
NickHudson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 447
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

This is a good one.

Ali and Jones excelling so far, is that a mark for athleticism over classic boxing skills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets
Roy Jones vs. Vinny Pazienza

The first fight in compu box history, in which a fighter(Pazienza) went a complete round without landing a punch.
NickHudson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:43 AM   #10
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Tavistock, England
Posts: 7,150
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

A grab-bag of HW punchstats for several fighters here...I narrowed it down to total punch differences of 100 or more.


==Lennox Lewis=
vs Holyfield I
348/613 - 130/385
Difference = 218 punches (12 rounds)

vs Tua
300/674 - 110/413
Difference = 190 punches (12 rounds)

vs Jackson
247/471 - 64/218
Difference = 183 punches (8 rounds)

vs Tyson
193/328 - 49/211
Difference = 144 punches (8 rounds)


==Andrew Golota==
vs Bowe II
408/638 - 216/476
Difference = 192 punches (9 rounds)

vs Bowe I
243/440 - 143/361
Difference = 100 punches (7 rounds)


==Larry Donald==
vs Holyfield
260/643 - 78/264
Difference = 182 punches (12 rounds)


==Michael Grant==
vs Savarese
274/588 - 99/408
Difference = 175 punches (10 rounds)

vs Cole
230/445 - 127/350
Difference = 103 punches (10 rounds)


==Evander Holyfield==
vs Foreman
355/584 - 188/444
Difference = 167 punches (12 rounds)


==James Toney==
vs Holyfield
301/498 - 137/378
Difference = 164 punches (9 rounds)


==Mike Tyson==
vs Green
282/460 - 130/314
Difference = 152 punches (10 rounds)

vs Smith
191/317 - 51/223
Difference = 140 punches (12 rounds)

vs Ribalta
220/326 - 94/325
Difference = 126 punches (10 rounds)


==Chris Byrd==
vs Holyfield
252/747 - 102/344
Difference = 150 punches (12 rounds)


==Michael Moorer==
vs Holyfield I
341/659 - 194/499
Difference = 147 punches (12 rounds)

vs Foreman
369/641 - 229/496
Difference = 140 punches (10 rounds)...course, he lost!

vs Mike White
263/394 - 158/497
Difference = 105 punches (10 rounds)


==Riddick Bowe==
vs Gonzalez
188/302 - 52/161
Difference = 136 punches (6 rounds)

vs Holyfield I
357/711 - 242/475
Difference = 115 punches (12 rounds)

vs Holyfield II
353/786 - 253/514
Difference = 100 punches (12 rounds)

Last edited by jcullen24; 04-13-2006 at 03:06 AM.
DamonD is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:17 AM   #11
LeedsLad
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 567
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

Calzaghe would have outlanded Lacy by a country mile i would of thought. I dont actually think Lacy landed a clean shot all 12 rounds.
LeedsLad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:03 AM   #12
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,870
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

Pernell Whitaker landed 526 punches whilst Santos Cardona landed 214. That's 312 more punches.

Pernell Whitaker landed 464 punches whilst Azumah Nelson landed 179 . That's 285 more punches.

Pernell Whitaker landed 426 punches whilst Antohony Jones landed 173. That's 253 more punches.

James Toney landed (in only 8 and a half rounds!) 401 punches against Iran Barkley, who landed 153 in return. That's 248 more punches.

Meldrick Taylor landed 414 punches whilst Julio Cesar Chavez landed 235, that's 179 more punches.


I'm sure Floyd Mayweather and Roy Jones would have lots of one sided stat counts as far as ratios go, but not in huge quantities like the ones above.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:20 AM   #13
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,999
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Ali vs. Frazier I deserves mention.

It deserves a mention in a thread entitled "Post a ****ing dumb comment here" maybe.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:40 AM   #14
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Holland
Posts: 9,632
vCash: 238
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

Wladimir Klitschko vs Lamon Brewster II:

Klitschko landed 199 punches for 70 of Brewster. That's 129 more punches in only 6 rounds.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:18 AM   #15
NickHudson
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 447
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Most one-sided punch stats ever

Thanks for the effort you put into this post mate,

On a pedantic note, I am wondering whether a % comparison is more revealing than "number of punches difference."

For example, Lewis landed 2.27-fold more punches (or 267% more) than Holyfield in their first matchup. Based on the other comparisons you gave, this is clearly very good. Being able to land more than 2 punches for every 1 your opponent lands over the course of 12 rounds.

But, Ali landed 33-fold (3,333%) (!) more punches than Williams in their match up, admittedly only over 3 rounds...

Am still waiting for someone to challenge this figure!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD
A grab-bag of HW punchstats for several fighters here...I narrowed it down to total punch differences of 100 or more.


==Lennox Lewis=
vs Holyfield I
348/613 - 130/385
Difference = 218 punches (12 rounds)

vs Tua
300/674 - 110/413
Difference = 190 punches (12 rounds)

vs Jackson
247/471 - 64/218
Difference = 183 punches (8 rounds)

vs Tyson
193/328 - 49/211
Difference = 144 punches (8 rounds)


==Andrew Golota==
vs Bowe II
408/638 - 216/476
Difference = 192 punches (9 rounds)

vs Bowe I
243/440 - 143/361
Difference = 100 punches (7 rounds)


==Larry Donald==
vs Holyfield
260/643 - 78/264
Difference = 182 punches (12 rounds)


==Michael Grant==
vs Savarese
274/588 - 99/408
Difference = 175 punches (10 rounds)

vs Cole
230/445 - 127/350
Difference = 103 punches (10 rounds)


==Evander Holyfield==
vs Foreman
355/584 - 188/444
Difference = 167 punches (12 rounds)


==James Toney==
vs Holyfield
301/498 - 137/378
Difference = 164 punches (9 rounds)


==Mike Tyson==
vs Green
282/460 - 130/314
Difference = 152 punches (10 rounds)

vs Smith
191/317 - 51/223
Difference = 140 punches (12 rounds)

vs Ribalta
220/326 - 94/325
Difference = 126 punches (10 rounds)


==Chris Byrd==
vs Holyfield
252/747 - 102/344
Difference = 150 punches (12 rounds)


==Michael Moorer==
vs Holyfield I
341/659 - 194/499
Difference = 147 punches (12 rounds)

vs Foreman
369/641 - 229/496
Difference = 140 punches (10 rounds)...course, he lost!

vs Mike White
263/394 - 158/497
Difference = 105 punches (10 rounds)


==Riddick Bowe==
vs Gonzalez
188/302 - 52/161
Difference = 136 punches (6 rounds)

vs Holyfield I
357/711 - 242/475
Difference = 115 punches (12 rounds)

vs Holyfield II
353/786 - 253/514
Difference = 100 punches (12 rounds)
NickHudson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013