Old 10-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
KCD
All aboard.
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Silva vs Jackson 3

This fight is down as happening.

Who have you guys got?

Jackson has improved dramatically since their second fight, and his hands are alot better now.

Silva hasnt been fireing on all silinders since his loss to Crocop, except for his rape choke of Jardine.
KCD is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
vCash: 1972
Default Re: Silva vs Jackson 3

For some reason I'm not that interested in this one. Maybe too late. Wanderlai just hasn't impressed me lately. We already know he has Quinton's #. What more is there to prove?
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #3
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Rampage has improved his hands but his defense for the Thai clinch hasnt improved see Shogun and parts of the Forrest fight. If Wanderlei can manage to get in that postion agian he should rip Rampage apart agian if not Rampage IMO is the better fighter he has success in the 2nd bout getting him down and GNPing him it was close to being stopped and hes a better boxer much better boxer. However I see Wanderlei luring him in that clinch agian or maybe ripping him up with leg kicks 1st to set it up. Wanderlei Silva TKO 3.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2008, 04:04 PM   #4
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Wanderlai owns Rampage.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
québecwarrior
Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre
ESB Addict

it's useless
québecwarrior is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #6
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict

I don't understand this attitude that many boxing fans have and are now transferring over to MMA. Unless it 'means' something to them in a wider sense then it may not as well happen.....but why? Why does every fight need to have an overarching importance to it? Can't a fight just be a good fight that will entertain?
Wanderlei hasn't looked good lately, Wanderlei has Rampages number, Rampage will just lose, Wanderlei is past it, etc ect...it doesn't matter, this fight is destined to be extremley exciting no matter who wins.

I'm all for it.
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dostoevsky
I don't understand this attitude that many boxing fans have and are now transferring over to MMA. Unless it 'means' something to them in a wider sense then it may not as well happen.....but why? Why does every fight need to have an overarching importance to it? Can't a fight just be a good fight that will entertain?
Wanderlei hasn't looked good lately, Wanderlei has Rampages number, Rampage will just lose, Wanderlei is past it, etc ect...it doesn't matter, this fight is destined to be extremley exciting no matter who wins.

I'm all for it.
**** them people bro. Me im hyped for it IMO the rematch was the best fight ive seen in MMA and it was kinda controversally I thought Rampage was on his way to stopping Wanderlei on the ground before being stood up and eventually stopped agian. Sure Wanderlei walked through him in the 1st fight but the rematch was back and forth who had no idea who was going to win. This fight on paper should be entertaining like the previous 2 bouts and pretty much and Silva and Rampage bout period. To me it does mean something it means alot Rampage lost his Championship very narrowly and a big win could get him the next title shot and Wanderlei 2 impressive wins in a row could get him a title shot as well. Dont be shocked to see the winner of this fight get the next title shot as Jardine needs a couple of wins,Franklin-Henderson winner is fighting Bisping,Silva-Machida might not be big enough,Shogun beating Coleman isnt enough to deserve a shot.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2008, 05:30 PM   #8
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
**** them people bro. Me im hyped for it IMO the rematch was the best fight ive seen in MMA and it was kinda controversally I thought Rampage was on his way to stopping Wanderlei on the ground before being stood up and eventually stopped agian. Sure Wanderlei walked through him in the 1st fight but the rematch was back and forth who had no idea who was going to win. This fight on paper should be entertaining like the previous 2 bouts and pretty much and Silva and Rampage bout period. To me it does mean something it means alot Rampage lost his Championship very narrowly and a big win could get him the next title shot and Wanderlei 2 impressive wins in a row could get him a title shot as well. Dont be shocked to see the winner of this fight get the next title shot as Jardine needs a couple of wins,Franklin-Henderson winner is fighting Bisping,Silva-Machida might not be big enough,Shogun beating Coleman isnt enough to deserve a shot.
Yup, both Wanderlei and Rampage are very close to getting a title shot if one were to beat the other. Its a pick em fight imo.
I still have a feeling those two brutal losses weigh heavily on Quintons mind (he brings them up and Wanderlei every 2nd interview) not to mention his crazyness that has happened last couple of months raises the question whether he's in a good mental place to fight, maybe all this mental anxiety will turn him into a beast of a fighter or it could crumble his spirit. We'll find out in a couple months!
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2008, 06:21 PM   #9
GEB
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dostoevsky

I'm all for it.

ITA
GEB is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #10
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCD

Jackson has improved dramatically since their second fight, and his hands are alot better now.
I disagree and i think his boxing has always been this good.

I don't think Jackson is much better than he was when he last fought Wand.

Also Wands win over Jardine means nothing imo.

Wand needs to bring his forgotten clinch game to the 3rd fight with Rampage otherwise he could be in trouble.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 10-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #11
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz
Also Wands win over Jardine means nothing imo.
Why does a dominating win over a highly ranked fighter "mean nothing"?
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 12:54 AM   #12
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs
Why does a dominating win over a highly ranked fighter "mean nothing"?
See Alexander vs Jardine.

Wands win over Jardine meant about as much as Alexander's.

We've learned nothing about Wand from his fight with Jardine.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 01:01 AM   #13
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

no matter who wins...this fight is gonna ****ing own.
boxingcar is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 01:31 AM   #14
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz
See Alexander vs Jardine.

Wands win over Jardine meant about as much as Alexander's.

We've learned nothing about Wand from his fight with Jardine.

Jardine just beat Vera. He loses one fight to Alexander, after almost finishing him mind you, and all of a sudden nobody gets credit for beating this top 10 lhw? Jardine is a very good fighter, he just showed it again, and Wand destroyed him.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 01:38 AM   #15
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs
Jardine just beat Vera. He loses one fight to Alexander, after almost finishing him mind you, and all of a sudden nobody gets credit for beating this top 10 lhw? Jardine is a very good fighter, he just showed it again, and Wand destroyed him.
You cannot judge what Wand has left from a few seconds blowout of Keith Jardine.

Jardine went out with no gameplan, no defence and ****ed up the fight for himself like he did with Alexander.

Like i said, Wands win means about as much as Alexanders.
Tuffnutz is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum