Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 1000
Default Anderson's attitude..

You know , i'm all for a bit of comedic moments here and there (during a fight)...(such as sefo does for instance ) But at least make it exciting. This was a ****ing joke. And this was without a doubt one of the most disappointing "main event" of the night.

Anderson should do like Fedor and finish his opponents like a terminator. Go for the kill , don't ****ing dance!
boxingcar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 12:52 AM   #2
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 1972
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

The way he acted was a ****in' disgrace!
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:57 AM   #3
yogster740
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 900
vCash: 263
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

hey who knows wtf really happined...but ...it was a good strap till it happened
yogster740 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:04 AM   #4
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 1972
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogster740
hey who knows wtf really happined...but ...it was a good strap till it happened
Bullshit, it was!
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:09 AM   #5
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

Totally agree, always found his constant bowing to be a little grating, but tonight it was just outright patronising, worse than against Franklin. The saddest part was seeing how his ego was so out of control he couldn't imagine that he was being boo'ed and asked the crowd to be nice to Cote
Polymath is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:11 AM   #6
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
Posts: 2,167
vCash: 1972
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath
Totally agree, always found his constant bowing to be a little grating, but tonight it was just outright patronising, worse than against Franklin. The saddest part was seeing how his ego was so out of control he couldn't imagine that he was being boo'ed and asked the crowd to be nice to Cote
LOL. Yeah . . . and then the crowd went ahead and made him seem like he was right by booing Cote when it was his opportunity to speak. Go figure.
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:25 AM   #7
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 1493
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

He definately went overboard, but what he was doing was trying to force Cote in so Anderson could counter, and get Cote tired. He was really picking it up during the 3rd, but Cote got hurt, which was very likely related to some of the leg kicks he took.
Beebs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:47 AM   #8
skier47
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

I think he was just respectful of Cote's punching power so he kept his range and kept looking for perfect counters with both his feet and hands. What would have been real embarassing is if he showed no respect for Cote, charged in and got cold****ed by a perfect punch. The bowing stuff is just a cultural and old-school martial arts thing. I find it kind of refreshing in an ever increasingly coarse and vulgar world.
skier47 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:36 AM   #9
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 1493
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier47
I think he was just respectful of Cote's punching power so he kept his range and kept looking for perfect counters with both his feet and hands. What would have been real embarassing is if he showed no respect for Cote, charged in and got cold****ed by a perfect punch. The bowing stuff is just a cultural and old-school martial arts thing. I find it kind of refreshing in an ever increasingly coarse and vulgar world.
I agree, he was just waiting until Cote was gassed or frustrated, and thought doing all that weird shit would throw Cote off and please the fans, he obviously took it to far. He knew it too, he looked very disappointed in himself

It's not like he wasn't trying to finish the fight either, he landed some brutal shots; when he got serious, he got very serious and hurt Cote.

I think he just got caught up in the moment and didn't realize how bad it looked until the end of the fight. There was an excellent gameplan hidden somewhere in Silva, but it came off less than desirable. He knew he wanted to let Cote get gassed and frustrated, but until the third he never came out of that feeling out mode, he just got caught in tunnel vision almost.
Beebs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:45 AM   #10
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Da Bafroom brah!
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 75
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

I agree with his strategy against Cote. Looked like he was going for the counter shots, but there are two different opportunities to counter.. One is when you catch the guy comming in with like a loaded right cross or left hook, or if they are telegraphing a kick.. The other opportunity is after the strike misses.


Cote was ugly with his kicks and was telegraphing them very bad. As you kick there is no real defense, and no other offensive threat from anywhere other than the kick itself, Anderson had ample opportunity to jump all over Cote with punches, stuffing the very telegraphed kicks.

CHECK THIS. So you noticed Anderson was backing off a lot, and as he Cote was stalking and trying to cut Anderson off, Anderson would change direction, at which point Cote would throw one of these lunging kicks.. This was predictable, and if I could notice it and come up with an attack, so could Anderson.

Same sort of thing was happening with the lunging punches. There was plenty of opportunity to counter. Not with a single ko shot, but at least sneak a leg kick in, or jab or cross.
Koa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 03:39 AM   #11
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mutantville, North Carolina
Posts: 9,284
vCash: 157
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa
I agree with his strategy against Cote. Looked like he was going for the counter shots, but there are two different opportunities to counter.. One is when you catch the guy comming in with like a loaded right cross or left hook, or if they are telegraphing a kick.. The other opportunity is after the strike misses.


Cote was ugly with his kicks and was telegraphing them very bad. As you kick there is no real defense, and no other offensive threat from anywhere other than the kick itself, Anderson had ample opportunity to jump all over Cote with punches, stuffing the very telegraphed kicks.

CHECK THIS. So you noticed Anderson was backing off a lot, and as he Cote was stalking and trying to cut Anderson off, Anderson would change direction, at which point Cote would throw one of these lunging kicks.. This was predictable, and if I could notice it and come up with an attack, so could Anderson.

Same sort of thing was happening with the lunging punches. There was plenty of opportunity to counter. Not with a single ko shot, but at least sneak a leg kick in, or jab or cross.
Well said. Anderson was fighting a smart fight. Like George Foreman always said - win this fight and look good in the next one.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #12
Nuke
Full Length Member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Under the oppression of a tyrannical government.
Posts: 2,430
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

I like watching Silva fight, its like a show but he was alittle too passive then he should have been. I don't think he really hurt Cote at any point and when Cote landed (the few he did) Silva was thrown off balance and that doesn't happen much so I think he was apprehensive of Cotes power. Its unforetunate Cote got hurt I think it was more when he did that jump/hop faint in the second where it looked like he rolled his ankle then it was leg kicks by Silva. I'd like to see a rematch but Silva doesn't rematch guys NOT named Franklin so I doubt we see it.
Nuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:10 PM   #13
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

What are you guys talking about? I didn't see him do anything out of line.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #14
Mob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 277
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

People are on his ass simply because there are always critics of the best guys in any sport.

Silva is a damn near-perfect fighting machine....
Mob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #15
cdnboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 819
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs
He definately went overboard, but what he was doing was trying to force Cote in so Anderson could counter, and get Cote tired. He was really picking it up during the 3rd, but Cote got hurt, which was very likely related to some of the leg kicks he took.
Thats a stretch. Silva was clearly toying with Cote the whole fight. And the difference in skill level was apparent right at the initial bell. Everytime Silva exchanged he landed. So I dont buy this he was trying to counter or tried to tire out Cote. Because in my opinion Silva backpedalling, running and pulling off bruce lee hand gestures was not a sign of baiting cote into his style of fight. Silva knew Cote was outmatched and didnt try to finish Cote at any instance in the fight.

Either way, it was a sloppy fight, Cote was outmatched and Silva looked bored as hell in there.

Unfortunate it had to end the way it did because even though the outcome wouldnt be any different, Cote deserves another rematch. Hopefully, Silva fights a different fight.
cdnboxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013