Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
truewarrior
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1025
Default MMA taking over? bull !

MMA as of lately has been producing some of the most horrible scenes and its just getting worse. Yesterday was one of the poorest displays that the contact sport audience has seen in a while. Before that it was a hyped up street fighter getting knocked out by a single jab. Then before that it was UFC 89 in which the action in those fights was equivalent to watching a chess match. Theres also been controversy in promoters paying fighters more money for fighting in different styles than they are used to or styles which benefit the other fighter. Heres a link to an article about yesterdays fight and I just want to say that Anderson Silva is considered the UFC's elite fighter who is also their piggy bank....what a shame. Also the fight is available at
mmalinker. C O M
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by truewarrior; 10-26-2008 at 11:44 AM.
truewarrior is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: MMA taking over? bull shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truewarrior
MMA as of lately has been producing some of the most horrible scenes and its just getting worse. Yesterday was one of the poorest displays that the contact sport audience has seen in a while. Before that it was a hyped up street fighter getting knocked out by a single jab. Then before that it was UFC 89 in which the action in those fights is equivalent to watching a chess match. Theres also been controversy in promoters paying fighters more money for fighting in different styles than they are used to or styles which benefit the other fighter. Heres a link to an article about yesterdays fight and I just want to say that Anderson Silva is considered the UFC's elite fighter who is also its piggy bank....what a shame. Also the fight is available at
mmalinker. C O M
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Type in Yahoo after sports.
Fall back hater !! Cote injured his knee.. You use one bad fight to justfiy your case ? Have you watched any of the other 100 of solid fights before that ? And the controvesry with promoters paying fighters came from the promotion (ELITE XC )Thats co run by Gary Shaw a greasy boxing promoter !! They recently went under !! Nice try though !
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 11:33 AM   #3
truewarrior
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yea I watched the whole fight and the knee wasnt shit compared to seeing silva run like a bitch the whole fight. Want me to name other fights? Well how about Keith Jardin VS Vera wasn't that a disgrace or was it a masterpiece? Or how about Bispin VS Leben when at the whole fight was a jab contest and Leben at the end even challenged Bispin to hit him with free shots, and why is that? cause they werent doing shit the whole fight.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #4
mexican legend
MVP!
East Side Guru

MMA was never gonna be bigger than boxing anyways and that's not saying a lot.
mexican legend is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
timgentry
Call it like I see it.
ESB Jr Member

i hate mma but i own a boxing gym and it's the only way i keep the bills paid is to offer mma too. too many rednecks like the shit.
timgentry is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #6
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yea I watched the whole fight and the knee wasnt shit compared to seeing silva run like a bitch the whole fight. Want me to name other fights? Well how about Keith Jardin VS Vera wasn't that a disgrace or was it a masterpiece? Or how about Bispin VS Leben when at the whole fight was a jab contest and Leben at the end even challenged Bispin to hit him with free shots, and why is that? cause they werent doing shit the whole fight.
You use the worst possible fights as examples ..Imagine if we were talking boxing and I used ****ing Juan Carlos Gomez vs Oliver McCall ?

Or Hopkins /Calzaghe

Delahoya Mayweather ?

And these are the stars of boxing but you want to use Keith Jardeen a journey man as the an example ?Get the **** out of here !!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

All this taking over is a load of junk, MMA is NOT competing with boxing, they try to mention boxing to be heard when Boxing doesn't give two shits about them. Last I remember it was MMA officials trying to hire popular boxers to help boost their ratings, did Boxing try to hire any fighters from MMA?, HELL no.

This isn't a WWE vs WCW rivalry, boxing is a sport and MMA is another sport too. This is like saying Wrestling is competing with Boxing. Two different stuff and if you look at it, boxing is a legendary sport, MMA started a few years ago and isn't even listed in the list of sports in the Olympics.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #8
truewarrior
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1
You use the worst possible fights as examples ..Imagine if we were talking boxing and I used ****ing Juan Carlos Gomez vs Oliver McCall ?

Or Hopkins /Calzaghe

Delahoya Mayweather ?

And these are the stars of boxing but you want to use Keith Jardeen a journey man as the an example ?Get the **** out of here !!!!
Didnt Keith Jardin defeat Chuck Lidell? How is he a journeyman? Trust me ive watched UFC and Pride since it was something but now Dana white and the media have made a mizery of the sport and to top it off they are disrespecting the sport of Boxing, in other words its Daddy.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:45 AM   #9
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Didnt Keith Jardin defeat Chuck Lidell? How is he a journeyman? Trust me ive watched UFC and Pride since it was something but now Dana white and the media have made a mizery of the sport and to top it off they are disrespecting the sport of Boxing, in other words its Daddy.
They feel the need to mention boxing to be heard, does boxing do the same?, the answer is no. Meaning they are the desperate losers.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 11:49 AM   #10
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Didnt Keith Jardin defeat Chuck Lidell? How is he a journeyman? Trust me ive watched UFC and Pride since it was something but now Dana white and the media have made a mizery of the sport and to top it off they are disrespecting the sport of Boxing.
How long ago was that ? And last I checked Jardeen is currently a contender !

Now I personally don't even bother to really care about the whole boxing vs mma debate because I can apprfeciate both ..Having boxed as a kid and being a part time ninja

But nonethe less I can respect both sports ..I would never compare the two, thats like trying to say baseball is better than football ..Its all opinion but at the end of the day its two totally diffrent sports !

I'll will say this though in Dana Whites defense ,the one thing you are sure to get in the UFC is the very best fighters fighting against each other ..In boxing you have to go through a ton of red tape to make the best possible fights out there ..

This is why :

Williams /Maragarito 2 hasn't happened

This is why its taking almost 20 yrs to possibly get a rematch between Jones and Hopkins !

And this is why the Heavy Weight division is a complete joke ..If anything they could learn about proper structure from MMA .But is MMA better than boxing ? Me personally I couldn't give you that answer because I respect and love both sports !
Old 10-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #11
warrior85
R.I.P THUNDER
East Side Guru

vCash: 334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
All this taking over is a load of junk, MMA is NOT competing with boxing, they try to mention boxing to be heard when Boxing doesn't give two shits about them. Last I remember it was MMA officials trying to hire popular boxers to help boost their ratings, did Boxing try to hire any fighters from MMA?, HELL no.

This isn't a WWE vs WCW rivalry, boxing is a sport and MMA is another sport too. This is like saying Wrestling is competing with Boxing. Two different stuff and if you look at it, boxing is a legendary sport, MMA started a few years ago and isn't even listed in the list of sports in the Olympics.

warrior85 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #12
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Doesnt MMA do better business than boxing?

I mean...even the dreck that was EliteXC did relatively huge ratings on CBS.

They're two completely different entities...why does one have to be better than the other?
Arriba is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #13
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arriba
Doesnt MMA do better business than boxing?

I mean...even the dreck that was EliteXC did relatively huge ratings on CBS.

They're two completely different entities...why does one have to be better than the other?
Because you have a bunch of View watching sissies who have nothing better to do than complain about everything

And speaking of CBS why doesn't the UFC do a simialr deal ? I also heard Showtime tried to buy Elite XC before they went under..
Old 10-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #14
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial1
Because you have a bunch of View watching sissies who have nothing better to do than complain about everything

And speaking of CBS why doesn't the UFC do a simialr deal ? I also heard Showtime tried to buy Elite XC before they went under..
UFC does pretty good on SpikeTV and since a national TV deal would likely force them to change their product around, they're not in a rush to get thrown onto a big deal.

Showtime tried to buy out Pro Elite I believe but that deal fell through.

Can't help but wonder why Elite XC of all places got a prime time CBS TV deal but boxing can't get back on ABC.
Arriba is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 12:04 PM   #15
K0NPHL1C7
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Silva should be boxing, he doesn't fit in with the MMA scene.
K0NPHL1C7 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum