Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
québecwarrior
Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default I want GSP-Alves

Man, I would like it that BJ-GSP 2 is postponed(I dont wish him an injury lol, that's a way of talking) so him and GSP could meet in the summer of 09 just to see right now Alves vs GSP. I'm so excited about that probable fight. GSP has another good fight vs a real 170lbs.
Alves has improved since his loss to Fitch although we didnt have a chance to see him on his back 'cause Kos didnt want him there early in the fight.
I would like to see how GSP would deal with his vicious legkicks who are taking you all your explosiveness.
GSP would be able to hang with Alves on his feet, but that wouldnt be the proper fight for him vs Alves. Even if Alves has good takedown defence, I think nobody in the 170lbs would be able to defend GSP's takedown because of his perfect timing and explosiveness.

That's the fight I want to see. Alves seem so ****in strong, would he be more stronger than GSP?
I want that fight DANA!!!!!!!!

Arent you as excited as me about that next matchup, or BJ vs GSP is really the one you want no matter what? I feel GSP has more chance to lose vs Alves than vs BJ.

EDIT : I aint wishing BJ an injury, that was a lack of talking in english!

Last edited by québecwarrior; 10-26-2008 at 12:42 PM.
québecwarrior is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450
Default Re: I want GSP-Alves

I actually want to see both, beat Penn then Alves is fine with me. I think Alves is much more of a threat though, he's a huge WW
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #3
québecwarrior
Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
I actually want to see both, beat Penn then Alves is fine with me. I think Alves is much more of a threat though, he's a huge WW
Yeah, altough I was surprised that in a couple of exchance that Kos had the better of him. Kos really upgraded his striking
Old 10-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
Nuke
Full Length Member
ESB Addict

I hope for GSPs sake he doesn't think like you and overlook BJ. I'm not sure he beats BJ. I'd like to see BJ then Alves after and since BJ isn't a 170lber it shouldn't affect GSP and Alves regardless of the outcome.
Nuke is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

I was thinking the same thing. Alves vs GSP would be a great fight.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #6
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

After his past two performances, I don't see how Alves doesn't get a title shot. Not only is his striking explosive but he seems to have a pretty steady chin on him as well.

Love to see him vs GSP.
Arriba is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #7
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Wanting Penn to get an injury is ****ed up bro. Penn-GSP should get it on and in the meantime we need Alves-Sanchez for a clear # 1 contender.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 12:39 PM   #8
québecwarrior
Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke
I hope for GSPs sake he doesn't think like you and overlook BJ. I'm not sure he beats BJ. I'd like to see BJ then Alves after and since BJ isn't a 170lber it shouldn't affect GSP and Alves regardless of the outcome.
I dont overlook BJ at all.
I would just like to see GSP vs Alves first, because it would be a much more packed action fight in my opinion. GSP-Penn 2 I really want to see that, but Alves too represent a threat to GSP
Old 10-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #9
québecwarrior
Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
Wanting Penn to get an injury is ****ed up bro. Penn-GSP should get it on and in the meantime we need Alves-Sanchez for a clear # 1 contender.
I don't wish him that lol, that's just a way of talking that I would want to see GSP vs Alves first
Old 10-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #10
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by québecwarrior
I don't wish him that lol, that's just a way of talking that I would want to see GSP vs Alves first
I suppose but lets have Alves completly earn the title match first remember it wasnt that long ago Fitch and Fisher whip his ass. Let him fight and beat Sanchez while actually maing 170 before giving him the shot then that would get him 4 wins of 4 of 170s biggest names making the buildup for a potential GSP-Alves or Penn-Alves match incredible.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 12:48 PM   #11
québecwarrior
Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre
ESB Addict

Quote:
I suppose but lets have Alves completly earn the title match first remember it wasnt that long ago Fitch and Fisher whip his ass. Let him fight and beat Sanchez while actually maing 170 before giving him the shot then that would get him 4 wins of 4 of 170s biggest names making the buildup for a potential GSP-Alves or Penn-Alves match incredible.
Yeah the ass whooping Fitch has giving to him is pretty hard, i've watched that fight not so long ago..

Penn vs Alves is another great thing to see. Hell two guys who are great on their feet and who love to bang.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:20 PM   #12
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

[quote=jimmie]Wanting Penn to get an injury is ****ed up bro. Penn-GSP should get it on and in the meantime we need Alves-Sanchez for a clear # 1 contender.[/quot

After beating Hughes and kos convincingly he is the clear #1, it's just too bad the time frame isn't in Alves favour because GSP-penn is Jan 31. Which means Alves-Sanchez still might happen. who has Sanchez beat to make him more deserving then Alves? I just hope Alves doesn't end up like Werdum who has earned a title shot but time frame leaves him a while away from the match so takes filler fights and get's KTFO.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #13
The Phenom
TitoTrinidad Take Me Home
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Alves-Sanchez looks like a mismatch.
The Phenom is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 02:30 PM   #14
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

I read an article, I think on ESPN's website, where Dana says that GSP will be facing Anderson Silva in 2009. That is if he successful against Penn. He said that a fight with Silva may be at a catch weight. White also said that Penn would not get a shot at Silva if he is victorious.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #15
Mob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenom
Alves-Sanchez looks like a mismatch.
I don't think so.

Sanchez was bested by Kos and Fitch....two top guys. But they didn't stop him, and were able to win because of better wrestling.

I don't think for a second that Alves is a better wrestler/grappler than Diego,..and we all know that Diego's submission offense/defense is superior to Alves.

Tossup fight right now imho.
Mob is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum