Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default If you had to spill your pint in one heavyweight champion's lap in their prime

Who would be your first choice and who your last choice from a point of view of not getting hurt.
janitor is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict

Default Re: If you had to spill your pint in one heavyweight champion's lap in their prime

1st -- Ali. He had a public image to support, and brawling wouldn't look good. Perhaps Tunney and Lennox.

Final -- Liston

Other variables include:
Sullivan might end up either beating me up (because he's drunk) or slapping me on the back and ordering me another. Holmes would let it go, and then sulk about it for the next twenty years. Ruiz crushes me to death.
cross_trainer is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #3
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: If you had to spill your pint in one heavyweight champion's lap in their prime

First choice-Max Baer

He had a good sense of humour and would not dare to hit me because he would be afraid of killing me.

Second choice-Floyd Patterson

Seems quite a mild mannered sort of chap. Would probably let me live.

Last choice-John L Sullivan

I just know that this would end badly.
janitor is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

First choice:

Primo Carnera, he was a good human who wasnīt that bad and couldnīt get angry that quick.

Last choice:

Hector Camacho, I would be afraid that he want to kiss me and more...

no seriously, John L. Sullivan was a brutal streetfighter, when he got provocated he could get mad quickly...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

After I dumped my pint in Sonny Liston's lap, I'd backhand him across the face and tell him to go buy me another.

............Years later, a passerby would find a portion of my crushed jaw, the only evidence of what would follow the pint-spilling issue.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
Muchmoore

vCash:

1st-Muhammad Ali because he needed to protect his image and if things got physical I could tackle him.

Last-Sonny Liston. Liston would probably get up and try to kill me and I would have to run as fast as I could the other way. Liston wasn't that fast though so I could maybe outrun him. Foreman could be worse because a young one probably would have caught up to me
Old 08-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #7
Muchmoore

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross_trainer
1st -- Ali. He had a public image to support, and brawling wouldn't look good. Perhaps Tunney and Lennox.

Final -- Liston

Other variables include:
Sullivan might end up either beating me up (because he's drunk) or slapping me on the back and ordering me another. Holmes would let it go, and then sulk about it for the next twenty years. Ruiz crushes me to death.
Ruiz would instantly bear hug you to the ground
Old 08-04-2007, 12:22 PM   #8
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985

Last choice:

Hector Camacho, I would be afraid that he want to kiss me and I would want more...
WTF?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #9
MrSmall
Journeyman

Tyson!
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #10
Minotauro
Belt holder
ESB Addict

1st: Floyd Patterson or Frank Bruno both seemed like nice guys who would let it go.

Last: Evander Holyfield the last thing I want is to be head butted while I'm trying to drink my re-fill. And Riddick Bowe his entourage would jump me and kick my ass causing a riot meaning I not only get beat by Bowe's entourage but also by the police for possession of coloured skin.
Minotauro is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #11
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 917

Tommy Burns he was small so I tink I could take him, just kidding. I wouldn't want to spill my beer on anyone. Heavyweight champion or not.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #12
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

There are so many Tyson lovers here, I'd think they'd jump at the chance to spill their beer in his lap, if only for the excuse to slurp it up.

..............I'm kidding. I kid.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #13
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

First Ike Ibeabuchi... i would convince him that the same Demons that didn't want him to get on that plane made me spill that beer. He'd forgive me and not use Psycho Pugilism on me.

Joe Louis also seemed like a very calm, nice person in the non-fighting footage that i've seen of him.

Last one would be Muhammad Ali. Those crazy ****ers from the Nation Of Islam would probably kill me or force me to post under the name "MuhammadPontius" here.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #14
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

1st Rocky Marciano, Or Joe Louis. I think you guys are over rated Liston here. He may chase after you if he didnt like you.

last, I may agree with ChrisPontius here.
MuhammadDempsey lol.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #15
janitor
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius
Joe Louis also seemed like a very calm, nice person in the non-fighting footage that i've seen of him.
There was one ocasion when a drunken man took a swing at Louis while he was signing autographs with Jessie Owens. He said-

"What the hell did you do that for?"

The reply came

"I like to beat up a n***** every week and there is no n***** bigger than Joe f***** Louis"

Louis raised his hands and adopted the look that he used to intimidate oponents before the opening bell and the man backed away. He then said something equaly unplesant to Jessie Owens who laid into him and had to be pulled off by Louis.

So Louis could be one cool customer.
janitor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum