anthony joshua MBE makes easy work of wilders best

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by lepinthehood, Dec 10, 2016.

1. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Im telling you now, it aint even a hard thing for AJ to KO everyone in this divsion apart From the Furious One.

ZODIUS!!! likes this.
  2. MAJR

MAJR Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2012
    I like Joshua and I've been impressed by how cool and collected he's been in the pro-ring, however I dont think he's really been challenged all that much yet - though his victory over Whyte got a bit more credibility after the Whyte/Chisora fight tonight - and I think the hypes' getting away from him and people are losing track of reality.

Tonight he beat someone who wasn't even trying to fight - I mean, Henry Akinwande would be ashamed if he had fought Lennox Lewis as badly as Molina fought tonight - and it definitely makes Molina look like crap, but I'm not sure how that reflects on Wilder.

I'm not sure if the Wlad/Joshua fight happens that it'll be a smart thing for Wlad to do - being over 40 and coming off over a year's inactivity - but I'm not convinced yet that Joshua's the real deal. Either way I think it will the last great hurrah of Wladimir Klitschko and whatever the result I dont think he'll be an active fighter after 2017.

3. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    Well for one thing joshua lands with an authorative jab, that wilder hasnt got, he controls his man better - doesnt backpedal on his tootsies, he takes center of the ring as a big man should. and times his opponents better.

Angler Andrew likes this.
  4. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Does Molina beat Wilder in a rematch?

5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Agreed, it's easy to look invincible when you are facing massively over matched opposition. Look at Parker crushing people with ease but once he stepped up and fought better opposition he suddenly looked vulnerable.

It's far too early to say if Joshua is the next dominant heavyweight champion, he's far too green and untested. We need to see him in with a genuine top level opponent to really see how good he is and even if he beats Wlad in his next fight it doesn't mean he can dominate, styles makes fights and he has a lot to be exposed to yet to fully assess his true ability.

Subak likes this.
  6. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    there are only a few good fighters in the hw division.

takam is a man who could teest aj

7. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Obviously tonight was a total mismatch but the way AJ goes through his opponents is mighty impressive,totally different to how Fury got to the top which is what makes boxing so interesting IMO?

8. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    I have a different take on that. AJ was rocked and tested by Whyte who was pushed to his limits by a shopworn version of Chisora who Haye brutally KO'd nearly five years ago while Derek was in his prime...

HattonsRingPost and ZODIUS!!! like this.
  9. Lady Girl

Lady Girl Kneel Before Zod! Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Wilder took molinas heart

aj took his chin

10. Ahurath

Ahurath Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Not really Yoshuas fault for facing cans. First of all he's only had 17 fights and now he's facing the biggest test of his career so big props for him!

11. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    they keep saying cans, but there many cans in the hw division.

duphuas, pulev, parker, ruiz get the same treatment

12. gmurphy

gmurphy Land of the corrupt, home of the robbery! banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Wilder in he's 19th fight faced Daniel cota

Joshua will face wlad,

But in fairness to wilder he has called out everyone, has shown no actual interest in fighting anyone decent but has said he would.

Maybe if he becomes more active he can challenge erislandy Lara for p4p twitter warrior

13. Liquid Fire

Liquid Fire Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 29, 2016