Could GBP be right about marinating "The Fight"?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by acie2g, Oct 21, 2016.

1. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    So me personally I don't think right now GG vs Nelo tops the Cotto fight maybe tie it, but don't see a 1mil PPV fight.
    Now this isn't to talk about money splits ducking etc.... This is strictly about the idea of it being this HUGE fight, I think you have to realized if a fighter came out and did 500k PPVs that would be the biggest fight in boxing "Right Now".
    Now while I don't agree or disagree with either fighters position currently fully thinking about it if Alvarez and GGG want to fully maximize the bang I think waiting could possibly be the best answer. Now I want the fight am disappointed it didn't happen in 2016, that being said if they fight next yr they could realistically Bill the he'll out of this the casuals are attracted by but title's but as good as GGG vs Nelo in a 3 belt unification sounds it's really not enough flair imo to grasp that big audience of this fight wants to be as BIG as fan's think it could be.

That is a good fight now it looks like the WBO is trying to give Nelo a shot at their 160 belt, and the ask for extension suggest we may get GG-Jacobs in maybe Feb, if GG can get a fight in around May/Jun Nelo vs GG could be ACTUALLY be semi huge next Sept if pushed right

GG going for his "defense record " 20 straight(I think "tying" or breaking Hop) vs Nelo who could be going in as reigning WBO & Lineal MW Champ for Undisputed I think especially if GG beats Jacobs & probably another mando throwaway (no offense) and Nelo beats Saunders that imo is a recipe for a huge blockbuster fight.

What you think for those who don't see it reaching or topping Cotto, do you think that could be a recipe for success for Sept 17?

2. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    chicken is the only thing you marinate

3. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    If Golden Boy was confident in Canelo's chances against Golovkin, they'd have made the fight.

You'll make more money if two guys engage in an exciting fight ... and you bring them back to do it again ... and again ... and maybe even again. Like Pacquaio-Marquez.

Canelo-Golovkin could be another Zale-Graziano trilogy if they'd just get on with it. But Canelo talked smack and then vacated like a coward.

When you wait and delay and cancel and push everything back ... it's because you ARE NOT confident in winning ... and you're holding out in the hopes of someone getting old or so you can have ONE easier fight.

Pacquiao-Mayweather waited until Floyd was nearly 40. Then the fight sucked. Floyd retired. And they missed out in having a trilogy or a four or fight fights if they'd started when both were younger and healthier nearly A DECADE EARLIER.

Golovkin is going to be 35 in the spring. Canelo and Golovkin should've started this a couple years ago. It's getting to be too late already.

Golden Boy has no interest in fighting Golovkin. None.

Canelo is the ONLY fighter they have who makes any money. He can't start losing or the company falls apart. Simple as that.

kriszhao, KO KIDD and BCS8 like this.
  4. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    I hate the term "marinate" in boxing.

5. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    No this marinating nonsense was just that, nonsense. Interest in the fight has already hit its peak. Anybody willing to pay PPV money for this fight would of paid to have this fight now. Its just all a duck and everybody knows it. Whose body is ready for 155 or 158 but not 160.

Im not hyped for this fight for 2 reasons. Not for one minute to i believe this fight will EVER happen anyway so no need to be hyped and if it did happen then not for one minute have i ever thought Canelo could beat him. GGG is the king of the 160 division and Canelo doesnt even want to fight any of the best 160 guys let alone number 1.

Omair, Robney and BCS8 like this.
  6. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Oscar will let GGG marinate until he's 200 years old in boxing terms. Then he will accuse GGG of ducking Canelo and using the fact that mobility scooters aren't allowed in the ring as a blatant ploy by Golovkin to avoid Saul.

Then Oscar will drag up Mayweather's corpse for a "superfight" and Floyd will still outpoint the plodder.

MVC explodes in a shower of jizz.

The End.

Omair likes this.
  7. Uppercut_Artist

Uppercut_Artist Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2015
    GBP is hoping that Golovkin may grow a pair of nuts in the next year or two and actually fight a competitive fight or two to boost his present BUM image.
    If Nutless Golovkin manages to find the courage to fight a decent opponent like, then perhaps he can move out of the FLAT FEE arrangement he is presently stuck in and transition to be a real boxer.
    No doubt that this is what GBP is waiting for, but I suggest that they don't hold their breath.

8. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    LOL @ "Nelo" ....

How ****in' gay!

9. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I want some marinated Carne Asada and chicken right now!:hambre:

theanatolian likes this.
  10. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
    "Marinating" is Mexican for "Please, please, please don't ask me to take a career ending beat down from El Kazako. Do you want me to wear fishnets? I'll wear them! Please don't make me fight El Kazako!"

Omair likes this.