GGG Pricing Himself Out Again.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Kush, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Kush

Kush Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 16, 2007
    GGs asking for Pacquiao money

Gomez makes some good points

"I could come up with 10 or 20 points that prove Canelo is … by far the bigger draw. I don’t want to negotiate in the media, but if they want to discuss the rest of the points, come over, sit down. We’re serious about making the fight. No excuses to get out of it. We’re willing to make the fight. The notion we’re scared is ridiculous. Call our bluff. We’re ready to make the fight.”

La Times

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
  2. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Damn! GBP taking the gloves off.. Wth is wrong with GGGs side? Do they really think they deserve more?

Canelo took 5 million against Cotto, yet Ggg thinks he deserves more than 12 million?

No wonder his career is the way it is.

Pimp C and puncherschance like this.
  3. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood #TheMedicalTeam #750 banned Full Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Biggest fight in boxing. Canelo DUCKING.

JacK Rauber likes this.
  4. Kush

Dec 16, 2007
    Thanks Ears but what do you think about gg wanting a kings ransom

5. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Will you address the thread topic or does it hurt too much?

6. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    The way I understood it is they are asking for a percentage as appose to a flat rate,he should forget anything like 55/45 or 60/40 cause that's not gonna happen nor does it reflect GGGs pulling power 70/30 however is a deal theyed be mad to turn down as that figure concedes to Canelo that he's the big star and giving Canelo the majority of the pie whilst money wise it will still be financially lucrative for Golovkin.

Manny Pac had huge star status and pay per view rights so comparing the two isn't really viable but in this case I don't think Loeffler trying to compare the two it's more of a comparison to the percentage over a flat rate,If GGG beats Jacobs which is a big if and then if he beats Saunders for his belt then he will be worth more maybe than he his currently though not by much.

Canelo has large base fans there's no disputing that,he had a record crowd against Smith arguably there would of been many thousands of seats given away but that just the nature of these things,Canelos own pay per view numbers have taken a hit from his promoter making him soft match ups which has taken a real hit for Canelo and Oscar and it look like they're gonna have to carry on with two more soft match ups at 160 as he needs a few tune ups which I've no problem with as it happens but Golden boy can't expect the public and his adoring fans to buy em on pay per view,outside of Cotto and Mayweather two pay per view Giants his numbers have been on a slide whilst not being disastrous?

N17 and Loudon like this.
  7. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012

GGG ducking the fight the same way Pac originally ducked Floyd.

8. Kush

Dec 16, 2007
    They offered a percentage but they want more

Gomez wants a sit down

9. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    What hit did his PPVs take? He usually does 300+K when he's up against an unpopular fighter. He did 300-350K against a complete nobody in Smith.

10. trumperZ06

trumperZ06 Active Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Bottom line... there is no MEGA fight if both sides aren't willing to get together.

Canelo has more name recognition but in the last six months... O$car/GBP/Canelo have severely tarnished his reputation.

GGG has the BELTS... including the one Canelo SURRENDERED... and is rated by most experts as the superior fighter.

55/45 with the winner getting the larger share would be equitable... but O$car won't agree to that.

GGG/K2 will want ~40% and still will feel they got the short end.

IMO... This fight may not happen.

Loudon likes this.
  11. Kush

Dec 16, 2007
    K2 still think they're negotiating against chisora, Jennings , wach

Gomez don't **** around

12. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    K2 aren't asking for Pac money.

GBP have bailed on a fight twice, given up the belt, but now want K2 to sign a contract for a proposed fight that's 12 months away?

GTFOH!

Gomez is a f*cking idiot.

K2 aren't going to do anything at this stage.

Gomez says he doesn't want to negotiate through the media. Mmm. What's he doing releasing this statement then?

How is GG pricing himself out?

Honestly you tards just grind me down.

I'm sick and tired of debating with idiots.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  13. Krit

Krit Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Lol pricing himself out.. they never even negotiated. If you take that flat fee oscar media talk bull**** seriously you need help.

damian38 and Loudon like this.
  14. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    Work it out you fool.

Seriously.

Tell me what you think the fight will gross in total.

Tell me and then take out GG's $12m.

When you've done that, put forward a logical case of how that would be fair.

I'll wait.

Sugar 88 and N17 like this.
  15. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    By asking for an overall split from what will be one of the biggest grossing fights of all time?

Sort yourself out.