I haven't been following the Cruiserweight division, how long has Usyk been considered the best?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flamazide, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Flamazide

Flamazide Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    Also, what are we basing his superiority from? Is it solely his win over Glowacki or does he have great performances I don't know about?

Also, who else should I be looking out for in the division? I saw the Gassiev vs Lebedev match and was pretty entertained by that one.

2. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I didn't know he was considered the best.

Glowacki only beat a faded beyond overrated Marco Huck.

Jackomano likes this.
  3. Flamazide

Jul 27, 2016
    I hear people talking about him all of the time. The only guy in that weight class that I hear mentioned at all.

4. silencio

silencio Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Check the various threads and you get a good overview of the division. there's lots of talent and potentially cracking fights to be made. Usyk is considered by many to be #1, not only based on his latest victory, but his amateur pedigree and mostly the skills he exhibited when fighting as a pro. Quite a few here rate his chances should he move to HW. Check for his videos - there are a few legally available of previous fights.

Flamazide likes this.
  5. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Usyk ain't ever moving up to Heavy. . This guy will be GGG all over again with his talks of clearing out 168 and 175. 4 years later and GGG still hasn't beaten nobody.

Usyk is a good talent but he isn't #1 or a potential HW prospect. Try to hold back on the hype. Its too early yet to be creaming your pants over the guy.

Gassiev just scored a far better win last week over Lebedaev and beat him a lot worse than Uysk did against Glowacky

6. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Similar to Lomachenko, he was considered the best even before he made his pro debut. He is indeed the most talented CW out there, and that says a lot considering the division is filled with solid talents with Briedis, Gassiev, Dorticos, Hunter, Cieslak, Kudryashov, Szello, Merhy, Egorov, Ngabu, Akberbayev, Bejenaru and so on and on.

Subak likes this.
  7. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    YDKSAB. Gassiev only edged it out against Lebedev with a decision which could've gone either way. Usyk clearly schooled Glowacki.

Subak, Kevin Willis and BoxingABC1 like this.
  8. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    :risas3::risas3:

9. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Maris Bredis shatters his glass chin into tiny fragments.. Usky can go to heavy he's so great

Lets see it then. Bredi s already went to heavy. Lets see the cruiser weight Amir Khan go up. Talk is cheap.

10. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    Dinomoron with his idiotic emoticons again. If Gassiev with K2, you'd be calling him the cruiserweight Malinaggi and claiming he robbed Lebedev. :nut:

lepinthehood likes this.
  11. Flamazide

Jul 27, 2016
    Oh okay. I never actually check those division topics because of how many posts there are, lol. It just seems overwhelming. I don't even really skim the topics for whatever fight is currently on for the same reason.

I didn't even know he had an extensive amateur background. Makes sense considering he fought for a title in like his 9th fight- and won it.

12. theanatolian

May 2, 2015
    Check out his fights at WSB. You'll see where the expectations from him to move up to HW are coming from.

Flamazide likes this.
  13. Flamazide

Jul 27, 2016
    I saw both of those fights. I'm inclined to agree with him. I think both decisions were fair, but Usyk beat his opponent more convincingly despite not knocking him down like Gassiev did.

theanatolian likes this.
  14. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Lebedev was a much better opponent than Glowacky.. Not sure whats so hard to understand about that. And Gassy wasn't hyped to the high heavens.
    Gassy got the better win.
    Huck was always a useless bum. Uslk got to do better than beat a guy who beat Huck to warrant the ridiculous level of hype around him.
    There no hype around Maris Bredis and he would've handed Huck a brutal knock out loss.

15. Flamazide

Jul 27, 2016
    As I said I don't follow that division. I don't have an opinion over which win is actually better. I was commenting on Gassiev beating Lebedev worse than Usyk beat Glowacki. That part is just wrong.