Is Danny Jacobs' belt gonna get stripped?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tommyg6, Oct 23, 2016.

1. tommyg6

tommyg6 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 30, 2015
    He was mandated to fight GGG but since the GGG fight is off, does he get stripped?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  2. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    who cares he had a burger king belt anyway

3. kk17

kk17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    yes but this would be the chance to clean up with these belt chaos. Strip Jacobs and make him madatory for Golovkin

4. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    making him mandatory has already been done and the fight still cant get done. just because a guy is supposed to fight for the title doesnt mean they want to in this case

5. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    WBA has given them 15 more days to negotiate, it's not cancelled.

Mekar likes this.
  6. renyo

renyo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Let's hope,that if he won't agree to the 25% written in stone,that they take his bull**** belt.

7. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
  8. Flamazide

Flamazide Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    His belt doesn't matter so him being stripped doesn't have much consequence. They may strip him of it if GGG and Jacobs can't come to terms to make this fight. I'm actually pretty disappointed in Jacobs. I didn't have any faith that he would give GGG a tough challenge, but I'm always interested in a Golovkin fight but now Jacobs has ruined that.

Hopefully Crawford can get a decent opponent, but I doubt it as it will be on short notice. Who would want to fight him on short notice? Then you have to factor in the fact that most people found his fight against Postol to be incredibly boring so you would have to think that from a promoter's standpoint now is the time to give Crawford a showcase fight where he can destroy his opponent to wash the stink of his last performance. I'd wager that Crawford's next few fights won't be against anyone that he would potentially struggle against.

9. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    1. just strip him if he doesn't want the chance to win the belts strip his ass and toss him aside no room for coward's

10. T_S_A_R

T_S_A_R Member Full Member

Jan 9, 2011
    He can't be stripped until there is a purse bid.

Can GGG go to a purse bid without risking his HBO deal? It may turn out that GGG has to vacate and Jacobs is elevated.

11. Flamazide

Flamazide Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jul 27, 2016
    This is what I'm most afraid of, but HBO would want this fight so they may put a lot of money into this to ensure that it stays on HBO. If that happened then Jacobs would probably back out of the fight since clearly he wants no part of GGG.

12. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    It should be really.

Jacobs is ducking the Golovkin fight it seems so his belt should be stripped.

It's literally his only leverage. Golovkin won't get any credit for beating the leftovers of Pirog. He'll get credit for unifying all he title claims.

13. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    He can petition the WBA for an extension on the terms of taking another optional, injury, personal hardship or a myriad of other reasons. They will probably grant the extension.