Jacobs is a disgrace!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Kevin Willis, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Can you believe this guy. Turns down a career high payday of 1.9 million and the fight in his backyard after claiming he wanted this opportunity. A victory would have made him talk of the fighting world and given him A side/shot caller status. Yet he pulls this attention whoring stunt replete with making unprecedented demands on the sanctioning body that put him on the map.

Still Jacobs has an army of bigots and casuals who support his galling demands knowing full well that he never had any intention of facing GGG. Simply taking an opportunity to perpetuate a toxic GGG narrative which speaks more to the scattered virulent nature of your garden variety GGG detractor than the actual Jacobs supporter. Economic altruism is fine for Jacobs but when Povetkin is locked into his 25% mandatory cut for Wilder then all the same voices remain silent. Evidently 25% is good enough for Povetkin but not Jacobs, I wonder why?

Back into obscurity for Jacobs. I hope he enjoys fighting Don George for 50K at some barn in Amish country.

2. LomachenkoIsTBE

LomachenkoIsTBE Member banned Full Member

Oct 9, 2016
    Jacobs is a pillock for this. I used to be a big fan of him but he is just number 16 on the 'I ducked GGG' list.

3. ThatsRight11

ThatsRight11 Active Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2016
    de gale, ramirez, lara arn't ducking ggg, if he can't get fights why not fight one of those guys, or are you in delusional about that to!

4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Hmmmmm wonder what direction this thread will head in?

Can't wait!

5. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Yeah its a shocking move.

6. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    The usual voices, the ones that you rightly said stayed silent when Povetkin accepted his 25% cut against both Wlad and then Wilder will now claim that this offer wasn't up to scratch when the truth is Jacobs didn't want that work.

Hate GGG all you want guys, Jacobs punked out here. It's a shame as I used to like his story. It was good to see him make his comeback from cancer but now... well he just looks like a chump with a big mouth that he couldn't back up.

PIRA, Omair and Kevin Willis like this.
  7. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Can you really blame him?:lol:
    This content is protected

Kevin Willis likes this.
  8. Kevin Willis

Kevin Willis Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Where are all Jacobs' personal financial advisors, counting his monopoly money and press agents trying to up that Q rating? Perhaps Moanamchara will get on this after his colostomy gets emptied, of course.

Eksman, Todd498, Omair and 2 others like this.
  9. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    What does Povetkin have to do with Jacobs wanting more against Golovkin?

10. Sugar 88

Feb 4, 2012
    A lot of the same people claiming that the split offered to Jacobs is offensively low didn't seem to think the same thing Wilder/Povetkin was going to happen under the same deal despite Povetkin bring the majority of the money to the table and being arguably the more proven fighter in the division.

It's interesting to note.

BCS8, PIRA, SOUTHERMOST and 2 others like this.
  11. yeyo monster

yeyo monster Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2012
    Hahahaha here we go again with the triple idiots!! Worst fans im boxing

12. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I've not seen a single person criticise The Golovkin split whilst defend the Jacobs split.

The two situations are completely different.

For one Wilder and Povetkin agreed terms whilst Golovkin and Jacobs did not.

13. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    rofl

mirkofilipovic and lewis gassed like this.
  14. Sugar 88

Feb 4, 2012
    Reread my post. I don't think you've understood what I said. I'm also assuming you've written Golovkin where you mean Povetkin. And Ryabinsky won the purse bid so I'm not sure what you're on about in saying they agreed terms. Do you mean he didn't vacate? Because that was his only real say in the matter.

15. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    I've not seen anyone criticise the split Jacobs got whilst defending the split Povetkin got.

Wilder and Povetkin had a deal for the fight agreed. Golovkin and Jacobs can't reach that point yet.