Joseph Parker vs Andy Ruiz Jr. confirmed 10th Dec @ Auckland NZ

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Lith, Nov 2, 2016.

Who wins?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2016.
  1. Joseph Parker by Decision

28.8%
  2. Joseph Parker by KO

55.8%
  3. Andy Ruiz Jr by Decision

5.8%
  4. Andy Ruiz Jr by KO

1.9%
  5. Burger King by Whopper

7.7%
  1. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    The exact venue is to be determined, but from purely selfish reasons this is brilliant for me as I get to go and watch - though I would have liked to have seen it in the US for profile raising reasons.

I'm backing Parker to win what could be one of the more fun heavyweight fights this year, how do people see this one going?

This content is protected

AlwaysFirst and KiwiMan like this.
  2. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
  3. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Burger King by Whopper, sounds about right!!:risas3:

4. cippi

cippi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 28, 2009
    im really looking forward to this fight. ruiz one of my favs

Lady Girl likes this.
  5. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Good matchup. I've been tough on Ruiz but he's scrapped together a semi respectable enough resume for the shot and Parker has definitely earned it. I'd say Parker is about 70-80% chance of winning but Ruiz live underdog.

like a boss and Lady Girl like this.
  6. NakiFan

NakiFan Proud Kiwi Guy Full Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Ruiz will be countered constantly and eventually stopped in the mid rounds. Bob Arum will eat humble pie after saying Ruiz has faster hands than Parker.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    StiffJab likes this.
  7. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Parker starts with a few tender crisp jabs behind a big king punch to the chin followed up with whopping hook to the temple area. Down goes Carl Ruiz Jr.

StiffJab likes this.
  8. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Ruiz will get distracted as most of Parkers fights have burger king sponsor's on the ring mat & corner pads.

toxedo911, JSpar, whopperdong and 5 others like this.
  9. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I was hoping he'd make the big fight vs joshua rather than the fight for a low hanging fruit belt vs s bum like ruiz

10. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Good matchup and brilliant for Parker and NZ that they have secured a title fight on home soil.

KiwiMan likes this.
  11. Lith

Jul 16, 2010
    Joshua was the one who changed his focus - the immediate opportunity disappeared for now and given he earned his mandatory in TWO organizations Parker had alternative directions to a title, Joshua could have also waited until he could get a big name title fight but instead fought Charles Martin without even earning a mandatory so really if you feel like getting all hatey on someone for taking the easy path... go chase AJ who sidestepped Takam to fight Martin.

StiffJab likes this.
  12. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Still a **** excuse for a title fight

13. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I mean it ain't the greatest but it's better than Glazkov vs Martin and arguably par/better than Stiverne vs Arreolla.

KiwiMan and KO KIDD like this.
  14. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    The only reason I won't get too excited for this fight (I expect joe to win) is all the casual Tua Haters that will stag him as a joke compared to Joe when Tua never had the draw that Joe stumbled in to.

15. Lith

Jul 16, 2010
    Wow, I've never seen those! In NZ 98% of the public seem to hate on Joe and go on about how much better Tua was. I was a big Tua fan, albeit frustrated at times with his apparent lack of discipline but I think they are both their own things and neither deserve any hate.

Tua got bagged to **** for losing to an ATG, which annoys me - actually, whenever people hate on any top level fighter for being "bums" or whatever is just stupid. These guys are all seriously seriously good fighters and athletes. 95% of the people who give the "bums" crap probably wouldn't last a round with them, probably wouldn't even be able to keep up with a typical session of padwork these guys need to do to prepare for "gassing" after 10 rounds.

I bet there is a VERY small percentage of people here who would have the fitness to keep up with the intensity of even sparring someone of a regional level for 8 rounds. Going OT, but hating on top 100 IN THE WORLD boxers is just stupid.

KiwiMan likes this.