More and more Rumors popping that Mayweather is going to UFC

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by eze, Jun 8, 2008.

1. eze

eze Everybody Know Me Full Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Dana White, who is in England for today's UFC pay-per-view, spoke to Setanta Sports is being quoted as saying that UFC is 'due to have an all star caliber boxer make the jump to mma to help legitimize the sport'.

Also, pwinsider has since acknowledged that there are rumors of Mayweather signing.

This all seems to add up with our exclusive report from this morning about Mayweather being the big announcement on Thursday.

2. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    What a joke. If true, Mayweather would probably fight someone white guy from the midwest who's 3-17.

3. eze

eze Everybody Know Me Full Member

Aug 7, 2004

Of course he's not going to fight an elite caliber in his first fight.

4. Lance_Uppercut

Jul 19, 2004
    Are you just going to reitterate what I post on this subject? 2-2 huh?

5. bizzer07

bizzer07 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2007
    mayweathers made the biggest mistake of his career if this is true. I could slightly understand the Wrestling bollox with mike tyson have done it aswell, but UFC, **** off. its boring, everyone seems to think its some kind of amazing sport that everyone gets mashed up in every fight. I'd take boxing over MMA/UFC anyday, Mayweather has made a very big mistake

6. raiderjay

raiderjay Active Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Floyd Mayweather doesn't possess the balls to get in the Octagon. Don't get me wrong, as I am a much bigger boxing fan, compared to MMA, but out of any elite boxer in the game today, Mayweather is the least equiped mentally to handle going in to MMA. He has spent a career being a safety first boxer and that **** wouldn't work in MMA. Not to mention that he would have to bulk up just to make the minimum weight class in UFC.

7. freelaw

freelaw Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 17, 2007
    If he will do it than obviously not for the money but for the challenge.

I'd give him huge props for that.

8. 1lehudson

1lehudson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 27, 2004
    I would doubt that Floyd would move to the UFC....It goes agaisnt everytime that we know about Floyd...And that is MONEY. Unless White is going to hand over 10-15 mill a fight floyd isnt going to fight in MMA. However It was said that Floyd was teaming up with someone eles I cant remember right now and starting up thier own band of MMA. OH, it was Billionaire Mark Cuban and I think that plan was to make a Boxer Vs MMA type of deal.

9. Kampioni

Kampioni Good Boy Full Member

May 23, 2007
    If this is true, i have lost all respect for mayweather.

10. Ghostface923

Ghostface923 Active Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2007
    If he managed to become a champ in ufc aswell as boxing it would be one of the greatest acheivenment for a fighter ever so i can understand why he would consider this but i doubt the rumours are true, probably just ufc tryin to capitalize on mayweather retireing. I cant see how mayweather would do well in ufc unless he's some natural ju-jitsu prodigy.

11. JM22

JM22 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2008
    I hope he fight's.It will be great seeing him fight there.

12. Lance_Uppercut

Jul 19, 2004
    @ already 30yo w/ no ground game....not a chance. If Mayweather actually does UFC, it's gonna end bad, or be a farce of a fight. Probably fight an opponent that would make Julio Cesar Chavez Jr's opponents look like Ali.

13. sir axeman

sir axeman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    If theres any truth in this and floyd does enter UFC and once he steps up to the top fighters in there he's going to get raped. And it will be very funny to watch. In a boxing ring at 140lbs hes head n shoulders the best. But in MMA I cant see him being anything like as effective. None of the MMA fighters will stand up and punch with him. They take him to the ground and choke him out or ground and pound him to a pulp. And all for a fraction of his usual money.

14. Hermit

Hermit VIP Member banned

Jan 29, 2008
    MMA? He still gets hurt. Look at the can they found for Kimbo. :D

15. Hermit

Hermit VIP Member banned

Jan 29, 2008
    He is NEVER going to fight elite in MMA. No where near the money in MMA. Makes no sense, but .....