The sweet science of Andre Ward..

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Liquid Fire, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Liquid Fire

Liquid Fire Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Carrying on the legacy... Here he is doing RJJ & SRL proud (winding one up.. Wait Sergey i haven't finished winding it yet):

This content is protected

A comparison:

:

The sweet science of hitting.... And NOT HITTING!:

I wasn't hurt.. Honest!:

All hail the:

2. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Oh my that's so funny,just shows how you can miss things in real time,I remember Ward doing the wind up but that was some counter by Kovalev,Ward just stinks up the joint every time doesn't he?

3. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    The bolo round is more embarrassing than the second

4. Liquid Fire

Oct 29, 2016
    Post it..

chitownfightfan and pincai like this.
  5. Liquid Fire

Oct 29, 2016
    What's even funnier is after Kovalev tags him Ward continues to wind one up to try and style it out.. What a plonker! Almost as bad as Monte Pythons ring entrance versus Haye lol

6. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    He he one of Wards biggest qualities is being humble not,the fact that he's only put Kovalev down instead of giving him credit for out boxing him shows what a s*** bag he is and why he's so disliked and unpopular,the only reason why Ward was given the decision is because he out stunk Kovalev in the wrestling stakes and for some reason he always has a ref who lets him wrestle instead of use his fists,anyone who thinks this is "inside game" as Ward calls it should watch the Salido v Vargas fight where both guys were amazing on the inside and both guys fought their way out instead of holding on for dear life.
    That said Kovalev should have adapted in that fight and should have known that unless he took Ward outta there he would never get the decision,even if Ward had another 10/8 round it would still have been judged against him,in the rematch he needs to go back to Krusher mode.

7. TheyDontBoxNoMore7

TheyDontBoxNoMore7 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Ward just makes people so butt hurt it's not even funny. First Kessler, now Kovalev. You show some lame punch stats from after round 2 (before Wards turnaround) and a highlight from round 10 that HBO demoted behind highlighting a missed right hand he got credit for landing.

Keep reaching. Keep having these group therapy sessions.

8. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Showboating and got called out for that. That alone should get 10-8 for kov lol

mirkofilipovic and Staminakills like this.
  9. Liquid Fire

Oct 29, 2016
    Butthurt? It's actually intended as humour. That you didn't take it as such and got all salty says you are hurt not me. Would you like me to post the entire fight instead then? Will that make u feel better? I have no problem with watching Kovalev outpoint again..

10. TheyDontBoxNoMore7

Nov 2, 2016
    There's multiple threads of Ward bashing and yours that's intended for humor as you say. I call the bs out and it's you that seems to bite back and happen to be offended. But that's neither here nor there. Btw you don't need to post the whole fight. I would like if you posted some gifs of those wonderful body shots Ward landed and possibly that sequence where he landed that beautiful left hook to the body and and head in round 11. Maybe that other left hook that sent Kovs head underneath the top rope. You know, some things people try to overlook like how Ward made Kov miss a lot of shots but yeah, it's not necessary to post the entire fight but thank you. There's still some tender people in this forum about the fight so we don't want to continue to poor salt on any wounds. ;)

SteelShoulders likes this.
  11. Liquid Fire

Oct 29, 2016
    I don't do the gif making. I just post if I find some... Feel free to have a look and link some in the thread tho ;)

12. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Those who scored the fight for Ward are in the minority and on the whole American.

Most people saw Kovalev grind out a clear win against a negative opponent.

13. Liquid Fire

Oct 29, 2016
    Including RJJ, Buffer & Tarver!

14. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011

Yeah right, Kovalev was in as much krusher mode as he could get. It just wasn't working because say what you want about Andre Ward but he don't ask for no favors and he don't give no favors. He don't come to play but he comes to fight. Ward is 100% a warrior and if Kovalev can't handle that, then that's on him. He's the one talking about what he's gonna do to Ward and Ward just told him bring it and he couldn't. Yet Ward got up off his ass and climbed Mt Kovalev and stuck a flag in the top of his pointed head and declared him conquered. Now he's talking sh#t and he has that right. Don't get mad, get even.

15. TheyDontBoxNoMore7

Nov 2, 2016
    I could care less what most people think. I saw Kov get tired and could only land the jab for the majority of the fight. He missed a lot of shots and lost sting on his power. Ward on the other hand was the more lively dog in the dog fight he created. He survived getting stopped. Landed a much bigger array of shots on Kovalev and won the mental game inside the ring as well making Kov focus on a wrestling match that tired his self out more. Momentum after round 2 clearly as a crescendo tipped to Ward and got bigger as the fight went on period. I didn't see Kovalev grind out nothing. I saw him get outworked since he couldn't close the show. Ward did with championship mettle. No robbery at all that these dramitic media and fans are trying to paint lmao.

Manfred likes this.