Vassiliy Levit: A Cold Wind Blows From District Terekti-The Varvarstvo Of Fyodorovka.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Aug 16, 2016.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Vassiliy Levit is a 6'1 28 year old Cruiserweight/Heavyweight amateur. Born in the village of Fyodorovka in the Terekti District in Western Kazakhstan, and fighting out of Astana. The brutal and menacing Levit who fights like a energizer bunny/battering ram hybrid brings non stop intelligent in your face pressure, but he's versatile he can fight off the backfoot and counter punch as well. He's been dominant in the World Series Of Boxing taking on and beating all comers, except for barely losing to Erislandy Savon, a loss he avenged at the 2016 Rio Olympics. He's an exciting fighter to watch who when and if he turns pro, most likely at Cruiserweight, will make for some damn entertaining fights. He should be the rightful recipient of the Gold Medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics but he was savagely robbed blind in one of the worst decisions in recent memory, he dominated, rocked and busted up the very talented Evgeny Tishchenko for all three rounds, yet only managed to win one on the judge's scorecards. Sidenotes, he should grow his hair back, the bald head is awfully nondescript, and he was born in a military district, so he's most likely Russian and of Jewish origin. So Check Out The Vicious Brutal Kazakh Marauder Of Fyodorovka In Action.:toney:toney:toney:toney

Educate Yourselves
    Levit Vs. Abdullayev
    This content is protected

Levit Vs. Savon

Levit Vs. Kudukhov

Levit Vs. Spahiu

Levit Vs. Johnson

Levit Vs. Manukian
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WH2ol0CxEc
    Levit Vs. Flores
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6Vy6U8gkeA

2. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Good stuff.

Highlights of the semi-final and final against Savon and Tishchenko respectively albeit not particularly good ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3ThiwNGhDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgjBQM2ctJM

Levit vs Povernov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3MpmTJq3oM

Some nice body work from Levit at the 0:12 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz8UYUiwTnk

Levit highlight vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKhl_bXmdN8

VASSILIY LEVIT – 91KG
    Date Of Birth : 24/02/1988

Height : 187cm

Club : Astana

Residence : Astana

The top ranked Heavyweight in Season V of the World Series of Boxing, Levit qualified for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games through his exploits in the competition. Fast for a Heavyweight and blessed with excellent stamina, Levit also offers strength, pressure and a clinical ability to finish fights. Away from boxing, he enjoys reading about history, while his own boxing hero is Mike Tyson. Doha 2015 will be his third AIBA World Championships, and his first in four years.

Past Results

2015 – ASBC Asian Confederation Boxing Championships (Bangkok, THA) 1st place – 91KG Won against Rustam Tulaganov (UZB) 3:0 in the final; Won against Jakhon Qurbonov (TJK) 3:0 in the semi-final; Won against Ihab Al-Matbouli (JOR) TKO 2nd round in the quarter-final

2015 – World Series of Boxing Season 2015 Finals – 91KG Lost to Erislandy Savon (CUB) 2:1

2015 – World Series of Boxing Season 2015 Semi-finals – 91KG Won against Vitaliy Kudukhov (RUS) DQ 4th round

2015 – World Series of Boxing Season 2015 13th Round – 91KG Won against Diego Blanche (ARG) TKO 2nd round

2015 – World Series of Boxing Season 2015 11th Round – 91KG Won against Adrian Taylor (USA) 3:0

2015 – World Series of Boxing Season 2015 9th Round – 91KG Won against Igor Jakubowski (POL) TKO 3rd round

2015 – World Series of Boxing Season 2015 7th Round – 91KG Won against Endri Spahiu (ITA) DQ 2nd round

2015 – World Series of Boxing Season 2015 5th Round – 91KG Won against Gabriel Richards (SWE) TKO 2nd round

2015 – World Series of Boxing Season 2015 3rd Round – 91KG Won against Rahil Mammadli (AZE) TKO 3rd round

2015 – World Series of Boxing Season 2015 1st Round – 91KG Won against Alfonso Flores (VEN) TKO 3rd round

2014 – World Series of Boxing Season 2013/2014 Semi-finals – 91KG Won against Abdulkadir Abdullayev (AZE) 3:0

2014 – World Series of Boxing Season 2013/2014 Quarter-finals – 91KG Won against Artur Mann (GER) 3:0

2014 – World Series of Boxing Season 2013/2014 7th Round – 91KG Won against Aleksey Egorov (RUS) 3:0

2014 – World Series of Boxing Season 2013/2014 5th Round – 91KG Won against Lukasz Zygmunt (POL) 3:0

2013 – World Series of Boxing Season 2013/2014 3rd Round – 91KG Won against Christian Demaj (ALB) TKO 4th round

2013 – World Series of Boxing Season 2013/2014 1st Round – 91KG Won against Abdulkadir Abdullayev (AZE) 3:0

2013 – China Open Tournament (Guiyang, CHN) 1st place – 91KG Won against David Light (NZL) 3:0 in the final; Won against Li Mingtao (CHN) 3:0 in the semi-final; Won against Kanwar Preet Singh (IND) 3:0 in the quarter-final

2013 – Taimanov & Utemisov Memorial Tournament (Atyrau, KAZ) 1st place – 91KG Won against Anton Kudinov (RUS) 7:4 in the final; Won against Sergei Parenko (KGZ) 17:7 in the semi-final; Won against Almir Kumbatbayuly (KAZ) by points in the quarter-final

2012 – World Cup of Petroleum Countries (Beloyarskiy, RUS) 2nd place – 91KG Lost to Sergey Korneyev (BLR) 15+:15 in the final; Won against Dmitriy Zaytsev (RUS) 12:11 in the semi-final; Won against Wlodzimierz Letr (POL) 14:11 in the quarter-final

2012 – Shokhr Boltekuly Tournament (Aktau, KAZ) 1st place – +91KG Won against Yusufu Akepaer (CHN) 16:5 in the final; Won against Rakhman Alzhanov (KAZ) by points in the semi-final; Won against Abulaiti Abudusemaiti (CHN) 17:7 in the quarter-final

2012 – Sidney Jackson Memorial Tournament (Tashkent, UZB) 1st place – 91KG Won against Akmal Rakhmanov (UZB) 12:4 in the final; Won against Mirzobek Hasanov (UZB) AB 3rd round in the semi-final; Won against Rustamjon Ismoilov (UZB) 17:3 in the quarter-final

2012 – AIBA Asian Olympic Qualification Tournament (Astana, KAZ) 3rd place – 91KG Lost to Mohammad Ghossoun (SYR) 15:9 in the semi-final; Won against Dilovarsho Abdurakhmanov (TJK) 18:2 in the quarter-final

2011 – Olympic Test Event (London, ENG) 1st place – 91KG Won against Joseph Williams (USA) WO in the final; Won against Tommy McCarthy (IRL) 16:9 in the semi-final

2011 – AIBA World Championships (Baku, AZE) 7th place – 91KG Lost to Wang Xuanxuan (CHN) 11:9 in the quarter-final; Won against Alexander Povernov (GER) 16:8 in the second preliminary round; Won against Joseph Williams (USA) 14:6 in the first preliminary round

2011 – Makar Mazay Memorial Tournament (Mariupol, UKR) 2nd place – 91KG Lost to Oleksandr Usyk (UKR) 20:9 in the final; Won against Vyacheslav Shabranskiy (UKR) WO in the semi-final; Won against ****n Azizov (UKR) 25:8 in the quarter-final

2011 – Nurmagambetov Tournament (Almaty, KAZ) 7th place – 91KG Lost to Khamzat Geliskhanov (KAZ) RSCI 2nd round in the quarter-final

2011 – Gagik Tsarukyan Memorial Tournament (Yerevan, ARM) 1st place – 91KG Won against Azat Davtyan (ARM) RSC 1st round in the final; Won against Venetik Kazaryan (GEO) KO 1st round in the semi-final; Won against Manpreet Singh (IND) KO 1st round in the quarter-final

2011 – Great Silk Way Tournament (Baku, AZE) 3rd place – 91KG Lost to Artur Beterbiyev (RUS) 3:0 in the semi-final; Won against Rustam Tulyaganov (UZB) 3:2 in the quarter-final

2011 – Kazakh National Championships 1st place – 91KG Won against Daniyar Ustembayev (KAZ) 7:3 in the final; Won against Aleksandr Gulevskiy (KAZ) 7:2 in the semi-final, Won against Ruslan Akmoldashev (KAZ) RSC 3rd round in the quarter-final; Won against Sergey Goncharov (KAZ) 6:0 in the first preliminary round

2010 – Asian Games (Guangzhou, CHN) 9th place – 91KG Lost to Mohammad Ghossoun (SYR) 11:6 in the first preliminary round

2010 – Republic of Kazakhstan President’s Cup (Astana, KAZ) 5th place – 91KG Lost to Oleksandr Usyk (UKR) 8:4 in the quarter-final; Won against David Gogishvili (GEO) 6:4 in the first preliminary round

2010 – KAZ-UZB Dual Match – 91KG Won against Mirzokhidjon Abdullayev (UZB) 4:2

2010 – KAZ-UKR Dual Match – 91KG Won against Serhiy Melnik (UKR) 6:2

2010 – Kazakh National Championships 2nd place – 91KG Lost to Zhan Kosobutskiy (KAZ) 11:1 in the final; Won against Yerdos Dzhanabergenov (KAZ) 4:0 in the semi-final; Won against B. Sailaubatov (KAZ) AB 1st round in the quarter-final

2009 – Astana-Havana Dual Match – 91KG Won against Osmay Acosta (CUB) 7:6

2009 – AIBA World Championships (Milan, ITA) participant – 91KG Lost to Clemente Russo (ITA) 14:4 in the second preliminary round; Won against Sylvera-Jacques Louis (CAN) RSC 2nd round in the first preliminary round

2009 – ASBC Asian Continental Championships (Zhuhai, CHN) 1st place – 91KG Won against Li Bin (CHN) AB 2nd round in the final; Won against Ali Mazaheri (IRN) 8:5 in the semifinal; Won against Sandagsuren Erdenebayar (MGL) 12:3 in the quarterfinal

2009 – Bolivarian Alternative Games (Santiago de Cuba, CUB) 5th place – 91KG Lost to Julio Castillo (ECU) 10:1 in the quarterfinal

2009 – Great Silk Way Tournament (Baki, AZE) 2nd place – 91KG Lost to Elchin Alizade (AZE) 4+:4 in the final; Won against Azer Mammadov (AZE) 10:7 in the semifinal; Won against Karem El-Ghannam (EGY) Ab 2nd round in the quarterfinal

2009 – Kazakh National Championships 1st place – 91KG Won against Zhan Kosobutskiy (KAZ) 5:4 in the final

2008 – World University Championships (Kazan, RUS) 2nd place – 91KG Lost to Aleksandr Karakazyan (RUS) 7:5 in the final; Won against Viktor Chvarkov (BLR) 13:7 in the semifinal; Won against Serhiy Radchenko (UKR) 15:2 in the quarterfinal

2008 – Popenchenko Memorial Tournament (Moscow, RUS) 1st place – 91KG Won against Abukar Dzangiyev (RUS) 11:9 in the final; Won against Mihail Muntean (MDA) RSCH 4th round in the semifinal; Won against Milorad Gajovic (MNE) 11:5 in the quarterfinal

2008 – Nurmagambetov Memorial Tournament (Almaty, KAZ) 2nd place – 91KG Lost to Rakhim Chakhkiyev (RUS) by points in the final

2006 – Asian Junior Continental Championships (Goa, IND) 1st place – 91KG Won against Paramjeet Samota (IND) 46:25 in the final

2006 – AIBA Junior World Championships (Agadir, MAR) 9th place – 91KG Lost to Sergey Kolchugin (RUS) RSCO 3rd round in the first preliminary round

2006 – Brandenburg Junior Tournament (Frankfurt an der Oder, GER) 1st place – 91KG

2006 – Kazakh Junior National Championships 1st place – 91KG

2006 – Donbass Junior Cup (Donetsk, UKR) 1st place – 91KG

2006 – Stanislav Sorokin Junior Tournament (Noginsk, RUS) 2nd place – 91KG Lost to Sergey Kolchugin (RUS) 49:30 in the final

2005 – Brandenburg Junior Tournament (Frankfurt an der Oder, GER) 1st place – 91KG Won against Artem Sakki (EST) KO 1st round in the final; Won against Laimonas Orintas (LTU) RSCH 3rd round in the semi-final

2005 – Carpatian Junior Cup (Morshin, UKR) 3rd place – 91KG

2004 – Asian Cadet Continental Championships (Hanoi, VIE) 1st place – 86KG Won against Umid Tadjiyev (UZB) by points in the final; Won against Chen Yu (TPE) by points in the semi-final

2004 – Heydar Aliyev Cadet Tournament (Baki, AZE) 3rd place – 86KG

3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I forgot about the controversial loss against Manukian in the world championships last year. So Levit was robbed last year in the WSB final against Savon, robbed in the Olympic final yesterday, and he was on the wrong end of a controversial decision to Manukianin in last year's world championships too. I'll have to re-watch it but I know at the time I felt like Levit deserved to get his hand raised in that one.

Rio de Janeiro - Olympic boxing was at the centre of a judging controversy after Russian Evgeny Tishchenko added Rio heavyweight gold to his world and European titles at the expense of Kazakhstan's Vassiliy Levit.

Loud boos rang out in the crowd after the announcement that the judges had surprisingly given Tishchenko the win on an unanimous points decision when most believed Levit had taken the fight.

But they reserved a ferocious cheer for Levit, 28, who wiped tears from his eyes as he accepted his silver. More boos followed when Tishchenko collected the gold medal.

A gracious Levit beckoned to the crowd to give his Russian opponent a more respectful reception and the Kazakh said afterwards: "I came for gold but at the last step failed so I didn't fulfil the programme 100 percent, but that's life."

"Every fighter that comes out of the ring deserves respect," he added, asked why he had pleaded Tishchenko's case to the enraged 9,000-seat arena.

"In my head I thought I had won and the coaches were quite happy with me and told me I did everything in the programme for the fight, but you saw how it ended up."

Tishchenko, 25, said last week that his build-up to the Games had been hampered by the uncertainty caused by Russia's doping scandal, which meant he only knew for sure that he would be competing days before the Olympics.

And he was hardly gleeful after winning gold, quickly getting tired of questions from reporters about whether he thought he had won the bout and the jeers that greeted the decision and him.

"It is really a pity that the stands reacted like that but maybe from the side it looked different from another angle," Tishchenko said, admitting he was particularly disappointed to get booed on the podium.

"I am really upset about this because I respect my opponent and the crowd, but I don't know why they booed in that outrageous way.

"But if the judges gave me the win, they had reasons for it."

Olympic boxing has binned the old punch-counting method that threw up numerous controversies in the past and now uses judges much like the pro ranks, part of moves to make the amateur fight game more attractive to the public.

The first round saw Tishchenko struggle to impose himself against the busier Levit, a former kickboxer and law student, who was trying to get inside the taller Russian at every opportunity to negate his longer reach.

It was more of the same in the second, with Tishchenko failing to get his jab going and Levit dictating the pace of the bout, although the Russian did finally let his hands go a little in the dying stages of the round.

The world champion went into the third round appearing to need the big knock-out and the lumbering duo exchanged hard hits at the start to get the crowd interested at last.

Tishchenko suffered a cut to the top of his forehead, giving him a badly needed breather as he had lengthy treatment from the doctors with a minute left in the round.

Members of the Kazakh boxing support staff burst into tears as the decision came through, whilst Levit looked dumbfounded.

4. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    why are wilders teeth chattering its not cold in alabama.

5. DrMo

DrMo Team GB Full Member

Jan 29, 2011
    You should post his WSB fight with Savon which is excellent & he won imo

He isn't Jewish you racist disgrace

6. Mordechai

Mordechai Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 18, 2008
    His Name is jewish. Levit is an old jewish name

7. mikelazcano

mikelazcano Guest

You should post the Olympic semi final vs savon which savon clearly won, alot of people calling it a robbery

8. DrMo

DrMo Team GB Full Member

Jan 29, 2011
    It was a scrappy disappointing fight, the WSB is very good & over 5 rounds

9. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Levit is a talent for sure.

10. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    I did and he is.

My oh my, touchy aren't you?:lol: If someone is Jewish and I say they're Jewish, that isn't racist, and Jewish isn't a race.

Trevor Diamante likes this.
  11. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    how cares if he is jewish he is kicking all ****ss and not discriminating

12. Hercegovac

Hercegovac Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Pretty sure he crossed himself before the final yesterday, I really doubt he's Jewish lol.

13. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    I certainly don't care, but it is worth noting since there's been so few Jewish Boxers.

14. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Maybe his mother is Russian Orthodox and his father converted, who the hell knows, but I know that Levit is definitely a Jewish surname.

Trevor Diamante likes this.
  15. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    That guy just cut part of the fight to point out how good Levit was in the fight against Tischenko it seems.