Why can't the WBA do this?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by KiwiMan, Oct 21, 2016.

1. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Oritz vs Scott for the Interim
    Browne vs Oquendo for the Regular, if Oquendo pulls out then whoever is next in line (Haye?)
    Joshua vs Klitschko for the Super

What am I missing - seems everyone would be happy?

drenlou and Sugar 88 like this.
  2. ThatsRight11

ThatsRight11 Active Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2016
    haye? please it's bad enough he's mandatory in the wbo, both guys de mori and the other guy where ranked outside the top 30 in the wbo! boxing is corrupt enough

3. KiwiMan

Feb 28, 2016
    Agreed, but the fault was the WBA and WBO ranking him so high for beating nobodies. Now that he is so high, the WBA and WBO will have to offer him a route to their titles.

I just checked now and Ustinov would be next in line anyway.

4. JSpar

JSpar New Member Full Member

Feb 29, 2016
    Isn't the policy of the WBA now to have only one (world championship) belt per division? I would have thought (hoped!) that whoever they sanction later today (be it, Klitschko v Joshua or Browne) then that would be for the now one WBA heavyweight strap (not super, regular or interim)

5. Nuro

Nuro Active Member Full Member

Jun 29, 2016
    What a horrible idea that is.

Why would you want all those belts? Pointless

6. KiwiMan

Feb 28, 2016
    They already have all those belts. Yes I agree that they should reduce it to one belt / division, but I'm happy for them to delay removing the multiple belts if that helps Joshua - Klitschko to be made without lkegal problems w.r.t. Lucas Browne.

drenlou likes this.
  7. KiwiMan

Feb 28, 2016
    Agreed, it should just be one belt per organization, however the WBA have already approved Ortiz vs Scott for the interim, so the only alternative if they want to reduce the # of belts is to order Klitschko - Browne for the main WBA strap.

Or negotiate with Browne such that he fights the winner of Joshua - Klitschko for the full belt.

8. JSpar

JSpar New Member Full Member

Feb 29, 2016
    Have the WBA approved Ortiz v Scott for the interim? I thought Ortiz no longer held the interim. A google search seems to suggest he is the former interim holder

9. Nuro

Nuro Active Member Full Member

Jun 29, 2016
    Just give Browne stand aside money and a shot at the winner. He gets rich and we all see a mega heavyweight fight

KiwiMan likes this.
  10. Rico Spadafora

Rico Spadafora Master of Chins Full Member

Feb 20, 2008
    you must have missed the memo the WBA is in the process of getting rid of the 'interim' and 'regular' belts in all divisions.

11. KiwiMan

Feb 28, 2016
    I saw that - about time too. Just will be very annoying if that kills Joshua - Klitschko.

12. KiwiMan

Feb 28, 2016
    He's still interim on here, although everything seems very confused at the moment.

This content is protected

13. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    The WBA are starting to give me the right hump, it's not very difficult, make a decision and announce it, it shouldn't take this long.

I'm past caring what they decide now.

KiwiMan and Sugar 88 like this.
  14. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    They're absolute jokers. They should have just told Browne he has no automatic right to fight for a championship belt higher than the Mickey Mouse trinket he 'won' off of Chagaev.

Boxing's governing bodies remind me of the cable companies in South Park. They show nothing but disdain for the fans.

KiwiMan likes this.
  15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I agree, it's getting ridiculous, the WBA are taking liberties, the IBF will allow Price to fight Joshua, Wilder fights weak opponents regularly.

I have for a while just looked for good fights instead of automatically watching world title fights, I am enjoying good domestic fights far more than world title fights these days.