Kessler offers Stieglitz 3 Million $ but makes no counteroffer to Bute?!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BeastsideBoxing, Aug 18, 2011.


  1. BeastsideBoxing

    BeastsideBoxing "The Thrill" Gavril Full Member

    22,226
    1
    Apr 3, 2011
    So Kessler offers Stieglitz 3 Million $ but doesn't make a counteroffer to Bute? I don't care how low the offer Bute offer was. If he was so low that means he might not have the financier power you though he had so why doesn't Sauerland took advantage of that and offer Interbox 2 Millions $ ?
    Without knowing the real numbers of the Mendy fight who took place in Romania. Bute biggest purse so far was 1.2 Million $. I think 2 Mil would look really attractive to him.Not only that but Showtime would've pushed like crazy for the fight to take place, he will have the pressure from the Tv channel as well on his shoulders.

    Kessler is winning 1.4 mil $ against Steglitz, a Bute fight would've generated more that this one. 1.4M+3M=4.4M.
    Offer Bute 2 , Kessler thinking the fight would generate more gets at least 2.4, why not ? WHY?!?!

    These are Bute's purses so far:
    vs Alexandro Berrio - 200.000 $
    vs William Joppy - 700.000 $
    vs Librado Andrade - 700.000 $
    vs Fulgencio Zuniga - 500.000 $
    vs Librado Andrade - 908.000 $
    vs Edison Miranda - 700.000 $
    vs Jesse Brinkley - 1.000.000 $
    vs Brian Magee - 1.200.000 $
     
  2. cesare-borgia

    cesare-borgia Übermensch in fieri Full Member

    28,924
    20
    Jul 4, 2009
    kessler basically wants that belt to get a better position in the division.
    Better him having it than stieglitz though.
     
  3. Sidious

    Sidious Guest

    that paper belt is as hevy as wwe john cena's belt,nobody gives a crap
     
  4. pahapoisu

    pahapoisu Superman! Full Member

    7,824
    2
    Jul 5, 2010
    So Bute has made most of his money in the easier fights.
    Kinda insane how hes purses jumped from 200 to 700
     
  5. vad_87

    vad_87 New Member Full Member

    96
    0
    Oct 29, 2010
    He became champion so his purses went up.
     
  6. BeastsideBoxing

    BeastsideBoxing "The Thrill" Gavril Full Member

    22,226
    1
    Apr 3, 2011
    He was the challenger the champ get's at least 75%.
     
  7. Ziggy Montana

    Ziggy Montana The Butcher Full Member

    3,605
    0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Give this man a ''That's a crock of ****'' mug! The truth of the matter is Kessler is scared shitless of Bute. :D
     
  8. sabsman

    sabsman Well-Known Member Full Member

    1,884
    0
    Mar 30, 2011
    heard on the radio in montreal they asked kessler what he tought of the upcoming bute-johnson fight... he said he will put his money on johnson...not mutch but it made me laugh, he sound likes a frustrated kid who would answer the same thing no matter who the apponent might be...:rofl
     
  9. technocrato

    technocrato Boxing Addict Full Member

    5,105
    300
    Dec 12, 2009
    Like I said on an other post, after Johnson said he was getting a low offer, the first offer is part of negotiation process. You don't offer something the "guy can't refuse" on your first communication. Johnson refused the first offer, said he was getting almost nothing, and received 300 000$ dollar more and the end of the day.

    The difference between Johnson and Kessler, is that the former did negotiate after the first offer, while the latter used that first offer, called it low-balling, and finally signed with Stiglitz without even a counter-offer.

    And now he is trying to make people believed that the Bute offer showed that the Montreal didn't want to fight him... WTF!

    It is clear ducking.

    I am not saying that Kessler don't want to fight Bute next time around, this time with a belt, with higher negotiating leverage. Kessler saw an opportunity with the Stieglitz fight, and he took it by pulling out of the Bute fight. Hope that fight will be done some time around.