‘‘Im telling all my friends to bet on me cause they’re going to make a lot of money''

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by québecwarrior, Jul 27, 2008.

1. québecwarrior

québecwarrior Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre Full Member

Jun 5, 2007
    ‘‘I’m telling all my friends to bet on me because they’re going to make a lot of money…. This guy will need 10 punches to my face to knock me out, and I’ll just need one. I have a good chance. He won’t exchange with me, and I’m not scared of him.” - Patrick Cote

The canadian boy has talked!!!!!!!:good:good:good
    You gotta respect that, Cote is a guy who is never gonna get scared and who is big on himself. He wasnt scared of a Prime tito and he was green!

The Predator

2. AJAX

AJAX war sonnen! Full Member

Aug 25, 2006
    I wish Cote the best of luck and think he should have a good showing but if he get's past round 2 that will be good accomplishment. His best chance of course is his power....Silva has shown even when guys get him down they usually don't get anywhere. A big right hand is his best chance.

3. Grievesy

Grievesy Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 16, 2008
    He'll need more than just one that's for sure! Silva's chin is solid to say the least.

I think the only way Silva will be beaten is if someone can sub him as has been done in the past or last the full 5 rounds with him. Unfortunately for Cote, what he is good at, Silva is better and the chances of Cote lasting with him or subbing him are slim to none.

Hard to see anything other than another KO for Silva. Cote has a punchers chance at the most i think. But a punchers chance is enough in MMA.

4. LB3000

LB3000 Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Yeah I can see Okami hanging in there for a few rounds and maybe even give him a problem or two but I can't see him beating Silva. Its a shame Kampmann has been unlucky with injuries as he looks like a talented all round fighter with a good chin. Someone like Leites is another good all round figher and must be nearing a title shot. I heard he is fighting Lister on UFN 15. Then there are guys like Palhares and Maia who could potentially cause Silva problems with their sick BJJ. Really looking forward to how Palhares does against Henderson.

5. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Cote will be dismembered.

6. Tko4

Tko4 Left high kick Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I like Cote, but saying Anderson Silva will need 10 punches to knock him out is ridiculous. It also gives the Spider fuel, and he will want to make a point. Cote is going to get the Chris Leben treatment. God bless his soul.

7. Koa

Koa Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Thats just Cote. Guy has some serious confidence and it seems genuine. Got to admire that.