“My knuckles talk more than my mouth” – Shinny Bayaar

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by theuppercut, Nov 19, 2010.

1. theuppercut

theuppercut Blackpudding supper Full Member

Apr 21, 2009
    This content is protected
    Bayaar - from Mongolia to England to champion

Exclusive interview with Shinny Bayaar – British Flyweight champion

By John Evans
    Boxing throws up many unusual stories and characters. One such character is the reigning British flyweight champion Shinny Bayar. Bayaar, or to give him his full name Shinebayar Sukhbaatar, has found a new home 4000 miles from his place of birth in Töv province, Outer Mongolia and is relishing the opportunities his new life has presented him with.

Since arriving in 2001, Bayaar has settled well in the north west of England and his hard fighting, awkward southpaw style has made him a tough challenge for his British rivals. So how did a Mongolian flyweight find himself in a small town in northern England? “I knew Choi Tseveenpurev (the highly rated Mongolian super featherweight and Bayaar’s stablemate) from school and we boxed together as amateurs. We had a friend called Aka who bought Choi over and he said he could help me. I’d had quite a few amateur fights and four or five professional ones and came over as a professional fighter. After a while, Jack watched me spar and I signed with him. We’ve gone from there”. The Jack in question is Jack Doughty, the trainer who took both Tseveenpurev and Bayaar under his wing at his gym in Shaw, Lancashire. Although Bayaar (15(4)-4-2) had a lengthy amateur career under his belt he was raw when he first came under Doughtys tutelage. “Jack taught me to calm down. I was very aggressive in the ring. When I was younger I used to attack a lot and put a lot of pressure on but now I’m quite experienced, I try to wait for them to open up so I can take advantage” says Bayaar. Experienced is an understatement. In just Bayaar’s second professional bout he ventured to the Philippines and went the full 12 rounds with former world champion Manny Melchor.

read more at http://www.undisputedfightmag.com/2010/11/19/my-knuckles-talk-more-than-my-mouth-shinny-bayaar/

2. The Chosen

The Chosen Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Is he having a rematch with Sexton? I thought Bayaar won the first.

3. Bad Dog

Bad Dog Boxing Addict banned

May 16, 2010
    Is this the guy that got robbed blind against Sexton?

4. ciaran

ciaran Champion Full Member

Nov 28, 2009
    no hes fighting paul edwards in belfast in dec and i fancy eddy to box his head off

5. WalletInspector

WalletInspector Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jan 1, 2010
    It is.

6. wrimc

wrimc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Ye i think paul Edwards could win IF he can go the full 12 and doesnt gas i also think he takes Sexton and the chris edwards domestically

7. joegrundy

joegrundy Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 3, 2009
    shinny got robbed badly against sexton, I think he will beat edwards and edwards is scouse so its a lot coming from me

8. ciaran

ciaran Champion Full Member

Nov 28, 2009
    bayaars undereastamating him

9. GladiatoR

GladiatoR Guest

Why are both Mongolian warriors shelved?

They've been here long enough and are good enough, especially Choi, to be fighting much better competition.

10. Geronic

Geronic Member Full Member

May 26, 2009
    Bayaar is the clear favourite (of course), but Paul Edwards has pretty odds.

It's tomorrow.

11. Curious Orange

Curious Orange Active Member Full Member

Sep 2, 2010
    I've put a little money on Edwards. I think Shinny *should* get it but Edwards was too good to resist, seeing as no-one quite knows what he's got yet and Shinny, amazingly, isn't getting any younger.

12. aqualung

aqualung Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Bayaar has a style that a lot of people just don't feel comfortable going up against. He has had problems with people avoiding fights with him and periods of inactivity which has really held up his career development.