£16.95 for the PPV

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DJA26, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Tancred

Tancred Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 2, 2014
    Totally agree

I haven't bought this joke of a ppv card and won't , stop trying to rip me off Hearn

2. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Best reply to the thread! :good

3. McQuaid89

McQuaid89 Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Just wait a week until they show it on Sky Sports the following Saturday/Sunday, that's what they usually do with the PPVs!

4. punk

punk Well-Known Member Full Member

May 23, 2009
    On one hand i hope the show does poor numbers as its not ppv worthy. On the other hand if it gets the casuals tuning in, and its talked about everywhere like the froch groves fight. It is actually good for the sport. What would you say is best? I feel they should be building fights like this on a regular basis for the free shows. This would lead to genuine ppv super shows. Sky are missing a trick in the long run.

5. El Guapo COYS

El Guapo COYS New Member Full Member

Mar 4, 2013
    I wonder if my feelings towards this card will change as it gets closer, but as it stands I find myself not really bothered about the Bellew v Cleverly fight and really I feel pretty much the same way with the rest of the bill. If anything James DeGale's fight is one I want to see, will be interesting to see if James continues the form he showed at Wembley.

Its strange to feel apathetic about Bellew Cleverly cos im a big fan of Bellew (i guess more of Bellew the personality than the boxer) and I also thoroughly enjoyed their first fight, but the 'hype' for this fight just doesnt seem genuine.

I think both Bellew & Cleverly have had their confidence knocked from their defeats at LHW and this has taken something away from them. Not sure how much joy Eddie is going to get by flogging this as a major grudge match, when its pretty clear from looking at Cleverly that he doesnt really feel any ill will against Bellew. Its a "one way grudge" between two guys who no longer carry the dream of being the best in the world.

£16.95 for this card? No thanks

6. morrie21

morrie21 Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2012
    you are right, Sky just playing the short game with this ****. hope it flops badly

7. silly_illy

silly_illy Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2008
  8. Makingweight

Makingweight Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Really think that most casual boxing fans actually won't buy this card regardless of the hype that is going to be put into the coming weeks.

Casual fans buy PPV when the likes of domestic fighters they know well are fighting Hatton,Khan,Froch etc.

Plenty of friends of mine bought Froch-Groves a world champion against a hungry opponent added to the hype.Hatton crossed over big time to the casual fan.Khan a marmite fighter people buying to see him lose and certainly many following him.

The average bloke in the street wouldn't know who Bellew or Cleverly are.They won't buy it.

Their first fight was on boxnation and it was freeview for those that remember?

9. Dibbs

Dibbs Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    There should be a clause in this Sky PPV card, that if Tony Bellew wins he is banned from going within 5 ft of a camera, and that all microphones are temporarily disabled as he approaches them. All those in attendance have the option of free ear defenders.

10. punk

punk Well-Known Member Full Member

May 23, 2009
    Froch and groves were not big names before their ppv to casual fans. Bellew if he starts his crazy stuff could build this big. If bellew was from london and the fight was at the 02 it could possibly have been as big.

11. STEVE WOOD

STEVE WOOD Member Full Member

Jun 4, 2007
    If your going to rebel but want to watch some boxing tune in to www.vipboxing.tv for free live streaming of their Blackburn show - some new faces and decent fights

12. boxfanlut

boxfanlut Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    What the full show or just highlights? don't remember this happening before

13. boxfanlut

boxfanlut Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Its as simple as that

14. big_daddy

big_daddy Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Froch groves 2 was available to download a few days later on demand, showed that fight and highlights of the other ones the following friday

15. ant-man

ant-man ant Full Member

May 13, 2009
    ppv is for mugus.