£16.95 for the PPV

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DJA26, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Barry Smith

Barry Smith Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 13, 2012
    To be honest it's just a rumor going around. He's supposed to be fighting a 6 rounder against TBA in Dublin on the 15th on the Macklin card but apparently Hearn is on about putting him on the on Bellew/Cleverly card instead to make it even more "stacked". Might turn out to be bollocks yet though.

2. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Crolla in a six rounder does nothing for the show or for him. He needs to be fighting a top 15 ranked guy at this stage.

As for the PPV I won't be buying it as I'm not that interested in Bellew/Cleverly and none of the undercard fights bar the Callum Smith fight look that tasty.

3. Barry Smith

Barry Smith Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Hearns attitude is what pisses a lot of people off with his arrogant and dismissive "if you don't want watch then don't buy it" take on it. As boxing fans we do want to watch, but we shouldn't have pay an additional £17 on top of our Sky subscription for the privilege of watching a domestic fight.

Hopefully this PPV is a total flop, I think it will be.

4. Golden_Child

Golden_Child Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Can't remember who said it on this forum but hit the nail on the head, Hearn turned round and said he changed it from the 29th "for the fans" but yet won't take it off ppv for the fans

5. Vertigo III

Vertigo III New Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2013
    But we do want to watch it!

We just feel (As Sky subscribers), that we have already paid for this type of card and shouldn't have to fork out extra.

6. daveknowle

daveknowle Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I'd rather have my Boxnation for a extra £7.05 good fights coming up for the next 2 months NO chaps I ain't rabbit hole, it's a good card though with Smith and Clev fight but not worth the money IMO (I like strawberries I do)

7. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Agreed. :good

8. glue glove

glue glove Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Brook-Hatton
    Froch-Bute
    Khan-Garcia
    All on normal Sky Sports

Cleverly-Bellew 2
    PPV

9. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    bare in mind people actually paid for audrey harrisn on ppv...people will buy this

10. big_daddy

big_daddy Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Heres one for y'all, if this card had 2 strong but realistic chief supports (e.g. Galahad v quigg and callum smith v fielding, murray v macklin and crolla v mitchell, mitchell v burns and joshua v browne) instead of say the degale/groves/McDonnell fights plus existing fights on the bill with the aforementioned fighters would that change people's minds on buying it?

11. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Yeah great, let us help bring back Closed Circuit! Or better still remove the sport from TV.

The finances of this sport necessitate pay TV, and PPV is the best way for everyone (fans, fighters and promoters) to deal with this.

12. Terminator_X

Terminator_X Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Well said.

This is just the start of PPV Boxing on Sky, all the BIG fights that are worth watching on Sky are going to be PPV.

Expect between 6 to 8 PPV's on Sky in 2015.

They'll probably be out of the following and they'll sell well too especially to the casuals so PPV is here to stay whether we like it or not:

Carl Froch vs JCCjr
    Carl Froch vs Kessler 3
    Carl Froch vs Degale
    Kell Brook vs Juan Manual Marquez
    Kell Brook vs Tim Bradley
    Kell Brook vs Khan
    Kell Brook vs Thurman
    Joshua vs Price
    Joshua vs Fury
    Khan vs Mayweather
    Huck vs Bellew/Cleverley
    Groves vs Degale 2

13. big_daddy

Nov 28, 2013
    Just a shame the boxnation assistant social media executive didn't get a plug in there on how it's only £12 a month and gloss over how they charge £30 for someone who just wants it for one nights show eh?

Not to mention that just about all those you mentioned are PPV worthy bar huck and the joshua ones if not world title fights, living in dreamland if you think something like Khan mayweather/brook v Khan/degale groves 2 and any froch fight will be on sky sports

14. big_daddy

Nov 28, 2013
    Get one of the mods to prove that I'm an alt with an IP check, otherwise pipe down with that 'troll' shite as you are blatantly a boxnation employee trying to get people to subscribe whilst pretending you aren't one, because let's face it if you didnt work for them you wouldnt have gone on that diatribe would ya?

Ta

15. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012

I'm as disgusted as most on here about this PPV but to suggest that there is going to be between 6-8 PPV next year is nonsense. After this I very much doubt that outside a Froch or Brook fight or maybe Frampton - Quigg that sky will sign off in any more of these 'stacked card' PPV instead of star names/fights.

We need to remember that this PPV was intended to be for Brooks 1st defence not Bellend v Clev...whether Eddie was actually going to deliver a world class opponent for Kell is up for debate but that's the facts. IF and it's a big IF Hearn is using this PPV almost as like a springboard which he needs to do outside of his normal contracted sky dates to help him set up other fights for next year then I can understand to a small degree why there going ahead with it as PPV.