£500 to knock down Yassine El Maachi in sparring

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by HMSTempleGarden, Apr 9, 2010.

1. kosaros

kosaros Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Did he? Shame, I was looking forward to that one :-(

2. mryeags

mryeags Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Tony , is Hall Vitu off then ???....

3. Grant1

Grant1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 13, 2007
    So El Maachi was given three weeks notice?

4. avidlemon

avidlemon Boxing Addict banned

Feb 3, 2009
    gutted the hall fight is off. El maachi is a hype job.

5. mugen82

mugen82 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
    lol maybe he didnt wanna fight on a warren card, maybe he has some principles.

But the Hall fight would have really shown him for what he is, if Witter fought Judah on 12 days notice, i'm sure El-Maachi could fight Hall, although i'd picture a Bradley Price style KO for again.

6. Grant1

Jun 13, 2007
    I'm sure he could too, but if he wants full preperation for what would be the biggest fight of his life he's entitled to it.

7. Dan684

Dan684 Dave's Stepdad Full Member

Feb 19, 2009
    He only fought 3 weeks ago and is scheduled to fight next month anyway so he should be fit enough :good

8. Grant1

Jun 13, 2007
    Would you send your top prospect into the toughest fight of his life, on another promoters card, at 3 weeks notice?

9. mugen82

mugen82 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
    I'd love to be given the opportunity mate, but sadly not got a stable of fighters.

But a win over Hall on a televised card would have really got his name out there.

10. Beeston Brawler

Beeston Brawler Comical Ali-egedly Full Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Exactly.

If he's that good, stick him in.

If he isn't, then zip it :lol:

Losing to Matt Hall is nothing at all to be ashamed of, if he wins he'd be straight in the title picture.

11. Grant1

Jun 13, 2007
    You've got a new promotional firm trying to make a name for themselves and you're expecting them to chuck their top prospect into a fight he'll probably lose anyway, on another promoters show all at three weeks notice.

It's nonsensical.

12. Dan684

Feb 19, 2009
    Yeah.

a. He's got nothing to lose getting beat off Hall
    b. He's the one mouthing off trying to get any exposure by saying he'll fight anyone anywhere and whoever beats him/KO's him bags themselves £15k. Someone's come'a'knocking now and he should put up or shut up.

Who seriusly believes he beat Hall either FFS. He's limited as **** and they're trying to get exposure by coming out with ridiculous challenges like this.

13. Dan684

Feb 19, 2009
    Well they should shut up with all this 'bounty' garbage then if thats the case

There wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for the fact that it's Goodwin Promotions and El Maachi calling everyone and anyone out

14. Grant1

Jun 13, 2007
    They do go too far I agree, but Hennessey get's slated for doing the opposite, it seems like some people can't win regardless.

If I was a fighter, I'd rather be over promoted than under.

15. Dan684

Feb 19, 2009
    Possibly.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of promotion and yeah Hennessey is an idiot but this kind of 'bounty' that they have placed on El Maachi's head is a bit much considering he's done pretty much nothing in the game and someones offered to take it up and they've refused.
    ESPECIALLY since a good performance on a massive card infront of possibly 20,000 spectators and tens of thousands of TV viewers would go no-end to promoting El Maachi and would help Goodwin Promotions ten-fold in the future