“The Hawk” vs “The Cobra”

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Jackson vs Froch.

Could JJ, despite a big weight disadvantage, knock Carl out or not?

2. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Froch is too big. Julian was undersized at 160, let alone 168. And Froch was a big supermiddle.

This is PURELY based off Froch's size, cause if they were the same natural size, Julian would annihilate Froch.

3. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Quite possibly. But I wouldn't put money on it. Jackson could throw any punch in the book, and Carl was able to be hit by any. An older Froch was taken apart by Groves early who was no-where near as powerful. However he had a much better jab and was Carl's size. And that sums up the fight. Carl by TKO unless Jackson could bomb him out early

4. 88Chris05

88Chris05 Active Member Full Member

Aug 20, 2013
    I think Froch is too big and durable. There are plenty of 168 pounders who Jackson could stop, possibly even flatten like he did at 154 and 160...But I doubt Froch is one of them.

If anyone gets stopped here it's more likely to be Jackson in the championship rounds. Both were slightly better boxers than given credit for but I'd favour Froch in this regard here. Could see him doing a bit of a paint job on Jackson from the mid rounds onwards, ala the Abraham fight, before stopping Jackson through accumulation.

Jamal Perkins and Brixton Bomber like this.
  5. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Froch KO’s him in 4-5

Reinhardt likes this.
  6. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Curry v Pryor would have been a better thread.

7. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Depends on how much hand speed Jackson would retain at the higher weight, McCallum stated Jackson had the fastest hands he ever faced.

8. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    I feel P4P Jackson was the more impressive fighter but at 160 he really struggled, I think Froch`s reach would be a problem and he had a better jab than Jackson, he need to keep pumping that jab, having said that Froch had a good chin at super middle and the G-man was able to take hard shots off Jackson, Froch was floored by Groves but George was a fully fledged super middle who punched hard at that weight, I feel Groves would have beaten Jackson.

fists of fury likes this.
  9. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Yeah, I think Front has this. Jackson was at his best at 154; the middleweight version wasn't quite the same guy, and maybe I'm wrong, but I think he was starting to have eye issues around this time.
    I can't remember exactly.
    Despite Jackson's prodigious power, I think Front at this weight is durable enough to take the odd power shot. Froch out works him and out hustles him, I believe.
    Most likely for me it ends when Froch starts to connect cleanly and often, which I think he will.

10. Jamal Perkins

Jamal Perkins Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2012
    People forget Froch was a master at riding shots...the first time I saw him at world level vs pascal for the 1st few rounds I thought "this guys awful"...slow hands and feet...seems to be face first.....by the end of the fight and by the time of the Taylor victory it dawned on me....this guy is a master who can figure out any style...he has lightning cobra like reflexes which belie his handspeed,his ability to ride shots,iron chin and very heavy handed thudding blows keep foes either missing and hitting air or worn down.

Froch is a smarmy braggart post career but is 1 guy who on the forums is routinely dismissed due to 1 fight against Ward. Even the ward fight he took rounds 11 and 12 the only 2 on the night he won once he figured out the style alas too late.

His run of wins is no1 on my British all time list.

Julian Jackson is not knocking out froch.Leaving size aside he isn't outbound Froch either.

I think froch stops Jackson on swollen eyes around round 9

11. Jamal Perkins

Jamal Perkins Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2012
    Faster than Curry and a middleweight Toney i doubt that very much but I'm guessing its one of those "Best I faced " revisions that series is so famous for...Jackson wasn't lightning quick just above average

12. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Did you see his shots v McCallum, Toney didn`t throw quicker shots than that and the shot that knocked Noerris out was quick as hell a was the shot that sparked Graham, two elusive fighters.

13. PhillyPhan69

PhillyPhan69 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Absolutely agree! Good pick

Jackstraw likes this.
  14. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I’m going with Carl “ The Truth “ Froch

15. jabber74

jabber74 Active Member Full Member

Oct 5, 2012
    I thought this thread was going to be Aaron Pryor vs. Donald Curry.