10 Days Away From Spence Vs. Porter—Y U No Discuss???

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Pakkuman, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Based on what I've read here, neither are respected on this forum.

2. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    This will be a snoozer because Spence is a boring/safety first kindda boxer.
    Porter will be the one who can make this an exciting fight, he wins UD

3. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    I think that this fight might be a lot harder for Spence that people are realizing. Spence has succeeded in awakening the beast in Porter and for whatever it's worth, he had better be ready to fight hard all night because Porter is gonna bring it to him just like that. He has talked down to Porter and treated this fight as a forgone conclusion. For Porter, this fight is very personal and even though he is a nice guy, he is at boiling temperature on the inside. Be careful Spence.

4. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Fingers crossed that this turns into another Fury-Wallin type fight. A bout no one really cares about, but turns out to be a lot better than on paper.
    Happens quite often.

The card itself is stacked in name value, but most seem to be mismatches.

George Crowcroft and kirk like this.
  5. puncherschance

puncherschance Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Porter is going to make it a long night for Spence. Porter will fight like a bull in a China shop.

titanic likes this.
  6. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Porter will make Spence's half opened eye-lids fully closed :p

7. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    The Dirrell-Benavidez co-feature isnt getting the attention either.

This is the first time Benavide has fought a legitimate top level SMW who wont be dwarfed either.

The Ogdoad and George Crowcroft like this.
  8. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    When Porter lost to Brook - and yeah, he did lose - he kept walking into the same shot - the lead right hand. Despite continuously eating this shot, and perhaps because he didn't think it was too hurtful to dissuade, he kept coming forward and getting timed. It cost him enough points to lose a close fight.

I suspect we will see a similar pattern of Porter coming forward and being timed, but to the body not the head. Spence, like Brook, has great timing too and I'm not sure Porter adjusts in fights to reverse the tide in which the opponent's tactics are prevailing.

And Spence may well have provoked Porter to make sure he gets reckless.

Could be a late stoppage but, more probably, a widish, dullish Spence UD...

9. marting

marting Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Spence better not take Porter lightly going in. His relentless style not only tests physical limits but can be mentally exhausting.

10. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    You can argue cases that it’ll be a hard fight for Spence but I just don’t see it. Spence will be just as strong as Porter so will be able to deal with his rugged style quite easily as well as being able to easily outbox him. Clear UD for Spence, will be like the Loma - Campbell fight.

11. Skins

Skins Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Very poor promotion on this one. I've barely heard a word about it.

12. seansanashee

seansanashee Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    This is a good fight. I look forward to it

13. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    COME ON!!!! This is a damn good breakdown, give me a little love in retrospect.:deal:

14. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Glad to see someone saw Porter as a danger like myself. Spence didn't like it when Brook was staying close and landing with that pressure. And the same went for Porter. Porter puts on pressure like nobody else does. I've always been sceptical of Spence and most have just ignored me. The doubters needed to just look at the first 7 rounds (The ones before the eye happened) against Brook, and they'll change their tune.

Porter fight last night proved Spence isn't this welterweight monster some claim he is.

Eventually Spence is gonna have to face the music and go up to 154 when his weight can take no more, where he'll be well and truly exposed. The time is coming.

CST80 likes this.