10 Years Later, No One was able to be a Five Division Champion?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by asero, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    People bash fighters like Leonard and Canelo for winning titles in four or five divisions, but at least they actually made jumps of 25 or 30 pounds.

The guys who never seem to get bashed are the really light boxers. There are FOUR divisions between 105 and 115 (10 freaking pounds). That is ludicrous.

On top of that, the talent pool is comically bad. How many grown men in the whole world weigh 105 or 108 pounds and are "athletic?" So, already, you're starting with a miniscule number of possible fighters.

The way things are set up now, fighters who win titles from middleweight on up, I don't think there is a whole lot to complain about. The jumps in weight class are fairly significant. The opponents are significantly stronger in general. It's a bigger challenge. Godspeed, best of luck to you.

Guys like Leo Santa Cruz, who move up 12 pounds and call themselves a four-division champ are who I find far more embarrassing.

Sometimes I wish boxing would just go back to the THREE original weight classes - Lightweight Middleweight Heavyweight (small, medium, large)

Because "all these multi-weight champs" are just grabbing belts in the satellite divisions orbiting these three, and they are just guys drying out 30 hours before the bell to pick up titles one or two divisions below.

If you're a 126 pound grown man, and you can't beat a 135-pound grown man specifically because he's "too big" ... you're not all that great of a fighter. If you're a 105 pound grown man and a 108 or a 112 pound grown man is too big a mountain to climb, seriously, do something else.

Basically, if you call yourself a champ, and you can't beat most fighters 25 or 30 pounds heavier than you weighed when you first began your career, you probably aren't much of a "champion."

Because the truly great ones generally could.

That's my old man rant of the day. (LOL)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  2. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    "He didn't fight the best so you can't regard (X) as a real champion" and "He didn't win (ABC Organization) belt so he's not a real champion" are two incompatible positions and the fact that anyone has to explain this to you while you call anyone a fool is so hilarious it is sad, then loops back to being funny again. How about we just go with, "won a title recognized as a world championship," of which there is a general consensus (other than the weirdos like you) and just...leave it at that? It's simple, elegant even, and doesn't leave me trying to jump through all your silly hoops over who is and isn't a world champion based on which ABC belt they won and who they beat to do it.

Sorry, I don't speak genocide. But it's good that you are attempting to rejoin the human race. Litte advice though? Try being less of a *****.

Oh, I get it. You are just wrong. You're like the morons on Twitter who tried to start a campaign that "2+2=5" just to look intellectual and smug. Instead, you look like a raging idiot. Pacquiao beat Barerra for the Ring Magazine belt which has been recognized by the world as a legit title. I'm sorry that this really, really, really, REALLY bothers you, but it's true. You can argue it shouldn't (which you have...poorly) but that doesn't make it not true.

You are the only person here with contrary opinions ("Ring Magazine isn't a real title, you can only be a champion if you beat the best...no beat an ABC belt holder! No, wait, the best!"). I don't know if it's a language barrier or you are just an idiot (but that lame attempt to bring in pro wrestling and Bill Goldberg really, REALLY makes me lean towards that last one, though), but I'm ultimately done with this. Manny's an eight-division world champion because the world recognizes him as such. You can continue to be a sad old man drinking beer and shaking his fist at whatever latest cloud has offended him, and this won't change.

Good? Good. Now, Daddy has to go do literally anything else, baby-cakes. Try not to be too much of a raging ass-hole the next time someone bothers to notice you.

3. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    This is almost completely unintelligible gibberish and you need to stop.

4. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    Sure dude. Keep crying into that beer and tell yourself over and over again, while you scream at the telly every time Manny's face comes on and the announcer goes...

"...eight-division world champion."

5. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    Here, let me do it in cave speak for the last time:

Ring Magazine! Lineal! Man who beat man! Why people like!

ABC organizations! Shiny belts! Convention! Popular!

World accepts both! Therefore both count! Not counting both is being dumb-dumb!

You and which Reich?

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Boxing Addict Full Member

May 9, 2006
    Nothing wrong with that though, Pac started at what 112?

Also pac was more explosive and faster than Duran, also arguably more energetic with better movement.

7. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    Pacquiao has been the lineal champion in 5 weight classes, not three. You've been so divorced from facts this entire debate that it's honestly a bit mind-boggling. Also, the idea that modern people don't care about being lineal and only like "sanctioning body belts" is the most laughably false thing I've read in a long time (source any thread in this forum about championships). The only contradiction is in your own mind, so please get help and goose-step on out of here.

8. Mike_b

Mike_b Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 9, 2020
    You know what? James toney skipped a few weight classes on the way up as champion, does that make him any less of a pound for pounder? No. I didn't think so.

9. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    I may not know what evidence is, but I do know that it's spelled 'know' (also using the Guinness Book of Records? Really?)

Regardless, Manny has been lineal champion 5 times. Flyweight, Featherweight, Super Featherweight, Light Welterweight, and Welterweight. Please stop being a lying piece of ****.

10. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Wow.
    Your prose was excellent there.
    You forget yourself now and then, you’ll need to slip back into character.

11. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    He's fought in all divisions from 160 to HW. Just in a couple, he only held minor titles.

Mike_b likes this.
  12. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    That sounds like a real problem. For you. On an English speaking message board. Please be better so I don't have to translate senseless gibberish, thank you.

(Do you see how gate-keeping is annoying? No, of course not.)

Pacquaio and Marquez were the consensus best Super Featherweights. Their fight restarted the lineage. That's literally how that works. You moron. Also, "questionable win"? I see we are back on the bullcrap about quantifying 'they have to beat a certain someone a very specific way for an ABC belt for their title reign to count.'

Cotto beat Clottey who was ranked at the time after the Jennings win, but because that didn't fit your narrative you of course left that out. Because you're a liar. Also, it wasn't Cotto: https://www.boxing$cene.com/manny-pacquiao-return-love-game--110233

I mean, why don't we just ask your old friend the Guinness Book of World Records? They don't seem to mind counting both.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.co...g-world-titles-in-different-weight-divisions/

Why...why look at that. They count the ABC belts AND the Ring belts! How's that for 'evidence'? It's almost like you have been making this **** up in order to be a gate-keeping troll.

Bofo24 likes this.
  13. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    No one thought that, stop lying.

Sorry, can't hear you over the evidence of the Guinness Book of World Records (which YOU brought up) agreeing with me, Mr. Clever. I notice you didn't address that point. Hmmm, I wonder why? Possibly because you are a disingenuous liar? Nah, couldn't be.

Once more, very, VERY slowly, since big words confuse your poor, clever brain: It. Was. Not. The. Cotto. Fight. That. Gave. Him. The. Claim. To. Lineal. At. Welterweight. And. No. One. But. You. Claimed. It. Did. You. Liar. I already gave you a link to the fight that did, if you couldn't figure it out to replace the '$' with an 's' then there's no helping you.

The sum of your arguments are gate-keeping bull**** that you repeat ad nauseam, and when confronted with that, you just say, "Nu-uh because I'm like SUPER SMART bro!" then bring up random 'evidence' like the Guinness Book...which ended up disagreeing with you. Please stop responding, as I'm done seriously debating you. I'm just going to post troll garbage until one of us gets bored, so if you want to claim 'victory' then just go ahead and do so.

I know you're German, but please try to get over that Manny will always be considered an eight-division champion no matter how you crow, and enjoy some semblance of life...without massacring an entire race to secure the existence of your people, that is.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Bofo24 likes this.
  14. Stiff Jab

Jan 7, 2019
    Geeze, dude, I'm really sorry to hear all that. Chin up, maybe it will get better one day...well, probably not, but at least you won't spend your days sober! Though at least your spelling has improved. Keep it up! One day you'll be able to pass off as a human being. :ohno

Bofo24 likes this.
  15. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    :lol: No one considered Joan Guzman the best SprFW back then...

Stiff Jab likes this.