100% Warren trys to make Haye vs Macceranelli Nov 11!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Nov 2, 2007.

1. SevenSamurai

SevenSamurai 3 year ESB vet. Full Member

Aug 18, 2005
    He has already done that, and the fight was pulled. The replacement wasnt much better.

2. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Guy came to survive. Another Gunn. Pretty record but NO SUBSTANCE.

3. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Enzo would be the only fight worth doing, finacially as well! besides if he makes a defense it has to be O'Niel Bell!

4. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
    Promoter Frank Warren says he will try and match Enzo Maccarinelli with the winner of next week's fight between Jean Marc Mormeck and David Haye.

Maccarinelli successfully defended his WBO cruiserweight title against Mohammed Azzaoui at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, winning with a body shot in the fourth round.

But it was to next week's fight in Paris - where the WBC world title will be on the line - that occupied the thoughts of Warren and Maccarinelli afterwards.

"I'm desperate for the winner to fight Enzo, so he can become a unified champion like Joe Calzaghe," said Warren.

"If it's David Haye, then it can be a massive fight for British boxing fans in February or March next year.

"I have made countless offers to Haye, without options or anything like that, to fight Maccarinelli, but he doesn't want to know.

"It's a fight that would be big box office, so Haye has to step up to the plate if he beats Mormeck next week."

Maccarinelli added: "I'll fight any one that Frank puts in front of me, I've never ducked a fight in my life.

"I'd love to fight David Haye, but I'm not sure if he wants to fight me."

5. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
  6. TAM83

TAM83 Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2006

Well if their was big wagers on KO3 a lot of unimpressed gangsters will be tearing up the streets looking for him, since it was in the 4th.

7. robpalmer135

Jun 29, 2007
    no he was trying to get a DQ victory!

8. TAM83

TAM83 Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2006
    Let's cut the ****, the fact of the matter is he was wanting out of their. When he was down he knew the ref was doing the count, suddenly when the ref gets to 10 he springs up to his feet saying it was an illegal blow. So he obviously wasn't that hurt, if he really thought it was an illegal blow then he would've got up and complained. Also he was holding a completely different part of his body, wasn't near where he got hit.

Bottom line is he wanted out, and for that to have been during a world title opportunity says everything about the boxer and man than he is.

9. Steve Fox

Steve Fox Guest

It was a poor match-up and with only two weeks to prepare, you can't really complain. I need to see Enzo in a fight against someone who's come to fight.