12 weeks till white collar bout

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Choyce, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Choyce

Choyce New Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2017
    At 37 I've joined a white collar event to benifite cancer research. The gym is offereing 2 days a week boxing training as well as open gym for anytime we want. I have limited boxing training and mostly likely out of shape. I know for these types of fights Endurance is king and I'm hoping someone might be able to help me set up a 12 week training program?

Ps I'm not scared of hard work or extensive training.

2. The Stampede

The Stampede New Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2017
    I could help you set something up but I would need more information about your current and past physique and overall general health. I am no trainer but I know a few things. Message me?

3. Choyce

Jun 6, 2017
    I'm 5"10 167lbs. I walk about 10 - 15k steps a day at work. I haven't trained or worked out in years, but I've played a few football pick up games over the last few months.

About 6 years ago I trained for about a year in boxing including some light sparring.

I'm the heaviest I've been at 167lbs and I think I would fight somewhere between 153 to 158lbs.

If there is anything else you need let me know. Thanks for taking the time to do this for me.

4. The Stampede

The Stampede New Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Hey my brother, thanks for the info. What is your current health like? Any issues that would alter or hinder your training? Previous injuries? If I draw something up for you I want to know about these things so I can tailor it to your specific needs. How are your knees? And what is your work schedule looking like and type of work? As in morning or overnight shifts,desk job or labor?

5. Choyce

Jun 6, 2017
    My health is good. Had a sprain on my foot a few months ago. So I will have to start running slowly to build up strength. That is about it.

My work is 7 to 330 5 days a week. I drive about 45 min each way. I walk about 10 -15k steps a day for work and it can be labour intesif at times. Im in building operations.

Hope that helps.