1973 George Foreman vs 1996 Andrew Golota

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by horst, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Hookie

Hookie Affeldt... Referee, Judge, and Timekeeper Full Member

Dec 19, 2009
    K, who picked Golota?

2. Beeston Brawler

Beeston Brawler Comical Ali-egedly Full Member

Jan 9, 2008
    :lol:

Golota couldn't cope with the fact that Bowe took everything he had and was still stood up, and basically bottled it.

The courage Riddick showed in those fights was enormous, despite getting the **** knocked out of him each time.

I was a Bowe-sceptic when I first joined ESB, calling him a chicken for ducking Lewis etc, but having seen the HBO features on his fights with Evander and Golota, I really gained an appreciation for the balls that he had.

On this one, probably Foreman within about two rounds. If he was scared stiff of Lewis and daren't throw a punch, he'd be scared of a young George as well - I'd expect a similar outcome.

3. johnmaff36

johnmaff36 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Foreman early. no question in my mind

4. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Why did you have to go with 73 Foreman? If you're going to match a never-was against an ATG couldn't you at least not pick the most prime version of the ATG? Argh.

5. horst

horst Guest

I think you should calm down a little. I don't think Golota would beat George, I just watched the Golota-Bowe fights again the other night and wondered how people think the version of Golota who beat the absolute **** out of a top class big heavy like Bowe would fare against one of the best big men in history. The thread isn't an assassination attempt on big George.

6. Bill Butcher

Bill Butcher Erik`El Terrible`Morales Full Member

Sep 3, 2007
    No contest, check the poll results.

7. Bill Butcher

Bill Butcher Erik`El Terrible`Morales Full Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Xplosive but I think it was an accident, he says GF by KO in his post.

Ps. If you want to see who voted for who then simply click on the numbers on the poll - assuming they have did a public poll, which thankfully, Popkins has :good

8. TommyV

TommyV VIP Member banned

Nov 2, 2007
    Golota was terrible at handling pressure. There's no way he could of stood up to the type of pressure, power and presence Foreman would bring to a fight. This is over in a matter of minutes.

9. Beau Geste

Beau Geste Active Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Foreman by devastating KO.

Titan1 likes this.
  10. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Yeah, my bad. I was ashamed when I realized I had picked Golota.

But some fool out there picked Golota FOR REAL.

11. ripcity

ripcity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Foreman by ko or dq.

12. ripcity

ripcity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Hiting your opoent in the balls is not a KO.

13. Danny

Danny Guest

Golota would be intimiated by a prime Foreman. Either Foreman KO'S him in one or Golota looks for a way out.

Once a few of those uppercuts from George starts landing, Golota would be thinking "fcuk this, I'm out of here."

14. anut

anut Boxing Addict banned

Apr 4, 2007
    THIS FIGHT WOULD COME TO MENTAL TOUGHNESS....GOLOTA DOESNT HAVE.......GEORGE FOREMAN DOES..........FOREMAN GOT OFF THE DECK TO WIN AND HAS A TOUGH CHIN......GOLOTA HAS A GOOD CHIN BUT IS MENTALLY WEAK........BOWE ISNT A HUGE PUNCHER GEORGE FOREMAN WAS...............FOREMAN KNOCKS OUT GOLOTA WIN 4 OR 5 RDS.:good

15. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    LOL @ Golota being assaulted