1991 George Foreman vs 1991 Mike Tyson

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Foreman Hook, Sep 15, 2010.

1. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I always thought Mike was a greater fighter prime for prime, but George had the style to beat him even when he was older.

2. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I have no idea what would have happened, but I would have loved to have seen it.

:smoking:

3. UFC2015

UFC2015 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    So did Tyson duck Foreman or Foreman rejected many numerous deals Don King offered and actually wanted nothing to do with Don King? I have a feeling it is the later

4. dawnofthedead

dawnofthedead Member Full Member

Nov 13, 2014
    The FOREMAN who flattened Cooney, took Holyfield the distance in a competitive fight and knocked out Moorer i would pick to defeat Tyson yes. I loved 80's Tyson but the defeat to Douglas and the stuggles with Razor Ruddock proved that Tyson was no longer a threat at world level.
    Foreman after surviving a torrid opener would push Tyson back and stop him in four or five rounds. I just don't see Tyson having anything to defeat Foreman with, certainly not by 91' and Tyson never once showed the heart to come back from behind, Big George for me.

5. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Foreman is and will always be stylistically wrong for Tyson.

6. Ken Ashcroft

Ken Ashcroft Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Tyson too fast with both hands.

7. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Prime foreman is all wrong for Tyson, but old foreman? Come on, Tyson would knock him out. Foreman was still dangerous but he was very slow, and was mainly a punching bag to the higher level heavyweights.

Oddone and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  8. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Don king didnt match tyson with foreman for good reason.

Roughhouse, ForemanJab, Malph and 2 others like this.
  9. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    This,,Mike was reportedly offered in the neighborhood of 47 to 50 million, and that was almost 30 years ago! Tyson didn't want any of George, for all his failings Tyson was a student of the sport of boxing having access to a vast library of fights. He knew his style, and physical attributes were made for a guy like Foreman. As does any non casual fan.

Roughhouse and POTUS like this.
  10. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Foreman tko Tyson. Tyson did not want the fight. Foreman preyed on punchers, he ate them alive

11. TheWorstEver(TWE)

TheWorstEver(TWE) Active Member Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    At the time this was seen as an easy payday for Tyson & I was firmly in that camp. However there are problems even with an older Foreman. He's bigger & physically stronger than Tyson, with a concrete chin, & Tyson can't fight going backwards, never could. I think Big George wins.

Roughhouse likes this.
  12. Showstopper97

Showstopper97 The Icon Full Member

Oct 7, 2020
    Tyson via TKO inside 10. Too much speed, power, volume & aggression. I consider Tyson still in his prime in 91 (he was only still 24 in his last fight before prison). Just look at the Ruddock fights & see how good he still was. Foreman would not be able to cope with that version of Tyson. He struggled with Stewart & Morrison who were good, but still nowhere near the level of even a 91 Tyson (particularly Stewart). Tyson wins virtually every round before the fight is stopped due to Foreman taking too much punishment.

the_Hawk and Toney F*** U like this.
  13. djanders

djanders Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2009
    IMHO: It's very easy to over-complicate this 1991 match up. With the styles they both employed in 1991, I'd expect to see Tyson build an early lead on George until George caught him with a good punch. That punch would be the beginning of the end for Mike.

14. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Prime Foreman beats Tyson but not this old ass Foreman. Mike Tyson batters him to a decision.

Oddone and Toney F*** U like this.
  15. Rakesh

Rakesh Active Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    Foreman imo, the uppercut and short right hand would've given Tyson a lot of problems, especially during the time when he didn’t have the best mindset during his fights. Tyson via decision isn’t a bad shout either. Just my 2 cents.