1st Sky Sports Boxing Show 2 Oct

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Yep , I like Eddie but he has got away with some amount of crap recently on his cards , fight camp was dire apart from week 1.

I think if sky sign a few more decent fighters he will be a bit worried and has to up his game .

2. ZiggerZagger

ZiggerZagger Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2012
    I don't think Eddie will be worried about anything Sky/Boxxer have announced here , other than Josh Taylor (who will be PPV after Catterall fight) I'm not really interested in anyone else they have. The international cards have the most appeal , certainly more than young Christopher on PPV.

3. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Hughie is still with Mick- just fighting on Sky. I hope the big man gets his cut as he is at the moment arguably the best promoter in the country when you adjust for budgets etc.

4. ZiggerZagger

ZiggerZagger Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Didn't he remortgage his house when he went all in on a Hughie fight?

5. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Yep. You say a lot about him but he’s committed to the boxing promoting cause.

6. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Decent little stable they are building. No real star names beside Marshall maybe. But solid none the less.

Its definitely lower quality than what matchroom were putting out but probably better than the BT output. Will be interesting where Wassermans ties are going forward.

7. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    i heard they tried making price v hughie

you will never guess what i heard price was asking for
    un****ingbelievable

KingKO likes this.
  8. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Interesting stable, they've also bagged quite a few Team GB boxers, including big Scott Forrest who I assume will fight on the Taylor card.

Good move for Marshall and Hughie Fury as they'll be star attractions at Sky. I still think they need a few more big names to get good quality cards allowing their young fighters to fight on the undercard.

I'm surprised Ritson left Matchroom, it'll be interesting to see who headlines their Newcastle shows when they sign the McCormack twins.

I've also been told Cheavon Clarke will be signing with Matchroom and Hearn.

9. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Hughie Fury v Christian Hammer is a really good match up. The type of fights Hughie should have had before stepping up to fight some of the top fighters in division. Really looking forward to Taylor v Catterall and seeing Marshall (cant see her losing against anyone).

10. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    It won't take long for bigger names to sign with Sky, they have a much bigger platform than any of their competition.

They have timed this announcement perfectly after the the ridiculous DAZN price increase that has already annoyed everyone. People will now be thinking, I can get my boxing fix on sky sports again, Hearn and DAZN can get ****ed.

Jurgen, I Shot JR and rezzer like this.
  11. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Interesting the likes of Brad Rea have moved from Eddie to Sky

12. Plaistow

Plaistow Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Yeah carry on paying those “Sky” high sports package prices, that’ll show ‘em...

Sampneb likes this.
  13. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Sorry but that's just stupidity.

14. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    I will as I get football, Darts, Rugby League and Boxing.

I'm no Sky fanboy but I'd sooner have boxing included in something I'm already paying for, not on top with another subscription platform.

alfonso and DramaShow like this.
  15. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    And how much do you think DAZN would charge if they had all the rights Sky did? Would be pretty much the same.

Wizbit1013 and Scissors like this.